Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby The Cueist

Well done Judd. :D :D

As for worlds this year my money is on John Higgins.

If Ronnie tries then it could be his if he gets in the right frame of mind.

Selby could possibly vie for the title if the above two do not perform.

Judd could be a quarter or semi finalist at best,As still not experienced enough in the lomger format.

Still ,We will see soon enough,Cant wait.

Postby PatBlock

SnookerFan wrote:
PatBlock wrote:What time does the next session begin please people?

Welcome new user. :bowdown: I like the name.

The more members the merrier on this site. :spot on:

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty cool here, think I'll stick around. <cool>

-

Postby randam05

PatBlock wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
PatBlock wrote:What time does the next session begin please people?

Welcome new user. :bowdown: I like the name.

The more members the merrier on this site. :spot on:

Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty cool here, think I'll stick around. <cool>

-

good good. its great here! :-)

Postby Roland

Well I've just finished watching the final. What has come back to me is the days of David Vine and looking at the broadcast time remaining in trying to stop myself from working out the result.

I recorded Eurosport 2 from 12:30 till 3:30pm and then Eurosport HD from 4pm onwards as this was when snooker was scheduled. When I came to watch the action I found the HD slot hadn't recorded so I worked out that the result would be known in the 180 minutes of recorded time. This meant I was getting frustrated at long frames especially if Judd won, because there wasn't enough time for Selby to win 7 frames from 6-3 down given that he would always have a few 40+ minute crucial frames along the way. As I was watching I spotted a highlights programme in the programmer which was going on so I hit record "just in case".

So Selby pulled back to 7-6 and it could've gone 7-7. I still thought Judd had won but if Selby could get to 7-7 it was back in the balance and I could start to get excited. Then at 8-6 there was a potential magnet frame with black in the corner pocket and with 40 minutes viewing remaining. With 40 minutes left, I thought Judd had time to win 2 frames so he must be the winner. Then Selby slotted in a remarkable century with reds awkward all over the table, and then Dave Hendon announced a channel switch so I could get excited again.

Then it was 8-7 and I moved on to the "highlights" programme to catch up immediately where I left off and saw Selby move to 8-8. He potted the first red so took the lead for the first time in the match and at that point I thought he would go on to win. But then Trump scored a 50 odd break and Selby played on for snookers for enough time to make there not enough time to win another 2 from 9-8 down to win so again I knew Judd had won.

The lesson here? Watch it live!

Anyway, big congratulations to Judd Trump. He deserved the title, he faced Selby playing pretty near his best and held him off. It's pretty amazing to suggest that the two flukes in a row he got during his century in frame 4 could be crucial to the match, but such was the standard that the 2 frame gap he opened at that point in time really did prove crucial. But that's not taking anything away from him at all because if you can look back and pick out something like that which happened so early on as key then it means the quality of the rest of the match was damn near flawless.

What a final that was! I'm still buzzing. Trump is a threat at the Crucible make no mistake.

As for Selby - well some detractors may say "He's lost another final, he's a nearly man" but that is complete bullocks. Selby made a couple of safety errors in the first session but players have won world titles playing not as good as he played in the evening session and that should show just how well Judd Trump played. Selby didn't lose the match, he didn't make any mistakes to lose the last 2 frames, it was the positive attacking snooker of Trump that lifted the title and he will be a force for years to come.

I'm looking forward to seeing what detractor Wild makes of all this. A severe case of humble pie is in order methinks.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well I've just finished watching the final. What has come back to me is the days of David Vine and looking at the broadcast time remaining in trying to stop myself from working out the result.

I recorded Eurosport 2 from 12:30 till 3:30pm and then Eurosport HD from 4pm onwards as this was when snooker was scheduled. When I came to watch the action I found the HD slot hadn't recorded so I worked out that the result would be known in the 180 minutes of recorded time. This meant I was getting frustrated at long frames especially if Judd won, because there wasn't enough time for Selby to win 7 frames from 6-3 down given that he would always have a few 40+ minute crucial frames along the way. As I was watching I spotted a highlights programme in the programmer which was going on so I hit record "just in case".

So Selby pulled back to 7-6 and it could've gone 7-7. I still thought Judd had won but if Selby could get to 7-7 it was back in the balance and I could start to get excited. Then at 8-6 there was a potential magnet frame with black in the corner pocket and with 40 minutes viewing remaining. With 40 minutes left, I thought Judd had time to win 2 frames so he must be the winner. Then Selby slotted in a remarkable century with reds awkward all over the table, and then Dave Hendon announced a channel switch so I could get excited again.

Then it was 8-7 and I moved on to the "highlights" programme to catch up immediately where I left off and saw Selby move to 8-8. He potted the first red so took the lead for the first time in the match and at that point I thought he would go on to win. But then Trump scored a 50 odd break and Selby played on for snookers for enough time to make there not enough time to win another 2 from 9-8 down to win so again I knew Judd had won.

The lesson here? Watch it live!

Anyway, big congratulations to Judd Trump. He deserved the title, he faced Selby playing pretty near his best and held him off. It's pretty amazing to suggest that the two flukes in a row he got during his century in frame 4 could be crucial to the match, but such was the standard that the 2 frame gap he opened at that point in time really did prove crucial. But that's not taking anything away from him at all because if you can look back and pick out something like that which happened so early on as key then it means the quality of the rest of the match was damn near flawless.

What a final that was! I'm still buzzing. Trump is a threat at the Crucible make no mistake.

As for Selby - well some detractors may say "He's lost another final, he's a nearly man" but that is complete bullocks. Selby made a couple of safety errors in the first session but players have won world titles playing not as good as he played in the evening session and that should show just how well Judd Trump played. Selby didn't lose the match, he didn't make any mistakes to lose the last 2 frames, it was the positive attacking snooker of Trump that lifted the title and he will be a force for years to come.

I'm looking forward to seeing what detractor Wild makes of all this. A severe case of humble pie is in order methinks.

i never watch it as live when i record it its to frustrating i look up scores then watch it later

and no humble pie sonny are people thick or what ????

i was right before this week hes done buck all what part of that statement do you want me to go through it with you ???

is it so bucking wrong for me wanting to see proof of something concrete from the lad before i jump on the slow boat to fucksville ??

now hes done something concrete what if he hadent ???

in 50 years time you and the idiots would still think hes young enough if he hadent..

Postby The Cueist

Dont care what Wild thinks to be honest Sonny,Judd had it when he emerged and has just had to learn the circuit till he was uninhibited enough to win,And now he has done what he was always gonna do.

Win,Great young bloke with a nice way about him,Well done Judd.

Postby Roland

I don't care what Wild says either, but he's been more than vocal on Judd Trump for the last couple of years now. In fact when Trump had a dig as his detractors, and given Wild's proliferation on snooker websites he must've read what Wild's said about him, all unfounded.

Humble pie time. Severe humble pie time like never before.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I don't care what Wild says either, but he's been more than vocal on Judd Trump for the last couple of years now. In fact when Trump had a dig as his detractors, and given Wild's proliferation on snooker websites he must've read what Wild's said about him, all unfounded.

clueless morons <ok>

Postby Roland

If I could be fussed to sift through your 20000+ posts to find all those directed at Judd Trump then I would shove it in your face but I'm not that way inclined. Suffice to say you were more than over the top in your assessment of him given his age and you shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. By that I mean, you deserve to be reminded of it for the rest of your life. You took the gamble, you thought you were right and could shove it down the necks of Trump fans forever but you have to face it now Wild, he is going to be a multiple World Champion.

Postby The Cueist

Sonny wrote:I don't care what Wild says either, but he's been more than vocal on Judd Trump for the last couple of years now. In fact when Trump had a dig as his detractors, and given Wild's proliferation on snooker websites he must've read what Wild's said about him, all unfounded.

:D :D Sonny i couldnt agree with you more,But Wild wont have any room in his belly for Humble Pie as he likes to have his cake and eat it.

As for clueless morons,Well you dont need to play I SPY TO SEE WHO THEY ARE ,Do you wild!!!!!!LOLO(LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! ;-) :-)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:If I could be fussed to sift through your 20000+ posts to find all those directed at Judd Trump then I would shove it in your face but I'm not that way inclined. Suffice to say you were more than over the top in your assessment of him given his age and you shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. By that I mean, you deserve to be reminded of it for the rest of your life. You took the gamble, you thought you were right and could shove it down the necks of Trump fans forever but you have to face it now Wild, he is going to be a multiple World Champion.

sonny your a inteligent fellow so why you acting a bit on the thick side mate.

my direction at trump was based on 5 years of rubbish all... now hes done something and as he himself put in this article http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 27,00.html

China Open champ Judd: My career begins now

whats gone before dont matter untill he did something worth while which he has today whats gone before is nil and void.

if you troll through 2007 606 you will find just how much a trump fan i am but got disalutioned with his lack of pushing on from good runs in tournaments.

im a trump fan always has been but people could not keep saying hes brilliant hes this that and the other if he did buck all to back it up. now he has and im over the moon until i get stupid clueless statements on this forum about how im supose to hate the guy when its as far from the truth as it can get.

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:grove snooker fan girl

Hey?

That's me I guess... ;)

Judd is managed by Grove, so are Jack Lisowski, Liu Song, Chen Zhe, Liu Chuang, Zhang Anda, Mark Williams and Ronnie.
Oh ... and Matthew Selt ;)

That's a line up and a half

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:wild,Thanks for the welcome back.You know "There's a welcome in the hillside" and all that. y ou are too kind

Judd was just brilliant today and will now have the resolve to further his impact on the game.

I couldnt be happier.

sorry about that dont want to get off on the wrong foot AGAIN rofl

just frustration that people think what i said before was wrong just because he won today.

my opinion is the same and i stick by them 110% but now in April 2011 hes delivered the goods that does not meen i was wrong before its up to them as players to prove themselves now he has.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I'd have a lot more respect for you if you just admit you screwed this one up wild but never mind :hatoff:

The hatahs clearly inspired him, so keep hatin' :bow:

how did i screw it up ?

before this week he played in only 2 last 16 of tournaments that count that was nowhere near good enough so i did not jump on the hype nandwagon just because he wins today does not make his record since his crucible debut good enough.

today it starts for him im not going to apolagise for being homest and truthfull of his career to date.

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:Whats the conversion rate for selby in ranking finals

1 out of

:boo:

And reading through the thread GJ you're the one who's stood out for the most clueless posts. All this talk of blobs and ranking final coversions. I'll tell you something for free - had Robbo faced Williams in the form he was in in the German Masters final and Trump in the form today he would not have a 100% record in ranking finals.

If you can demonstrate with evidence a blob by Selby in the final session then I'll give you a medal because there wasn't one. The quality of this final and the final of the German Masters were incredible. And add to that the UK final between Williams and Higgins. The fact Selby has reached 2 big finals this year already and is provisionally ranked 2 in the world says he is one of the big favourites for the Worlds this year and it will take godly snooker few are capable of to beat him.

Will this loss affect Selby? I doubt it. Many many ranking events have been won by players not capable of playing to the standard Selby played at this week so even though he'll feel aggrieved, he knows his game is in fine fettle and a few nudges are due to go his way soon. If there's one thing I would tell him, it's to go for that two extra reds after frame ball instead of playing safe when the opponent already needs a snooker. If you miss and he gets back in and lays a snooker, you've always got a chance of escaping so there shouldn't be any pressure on that one extra red or opening the reds when you don't really want to immediately after frame ball red has been potted.

Wild - I know you've been balanced in this topic and where you're coming from with Trump but you obviously need to read back some of the things you've said about Trump in the last year because they were bordering on obsessive.

:wave:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I'd have a lot more respect for you if you just admit you screwed this one up wild but never mind :hatoff:

The hatahs clearly inspired him, so keep hatin' :bow:

how did i screw it up ?

before this week he played in only 2 last 16 of tournaments that count that was nowhere near good enough so i did not jump on the hype nandwagon just because he wins today does not make his record since his crucible debut good enough.

today it starts for him im not going to apolagise for being homest and truthfull of his career to date.

pmsl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

1 out of

And reading through the thread GJ you're the one who's stood out for the most clueless posts. All this talk of blobs and ranking final coversions. I'll tell you something for free - had Robbo faced Williams in the form he was in in the German Masters final and Trump in the form today he would not have a 100% record in ranking finals.

If you can demonstrate with evidence a blob by Selby in the final session then I'll give you a medal because there wasn't one. The quality of this final and the final of the German Masters were incredible. And add to that the UK final between Williams and Higgins. The fact Selby has reached 2 big finals this year already and is provisionally ranked 2 in the world says he is one of the big favourites for the Worlds this year and it will take godly snooker few are capable of to beat him.

Will this loss affect Selby? I doubt it. Many many ranking events have been won by players not capable of playing to the standard Selby played at this week so even though he'll feel aggrieved, he knows his game is in fine fettle and a few nudges are due to go his way soon. If there's one thing I would tell him, it's to go for that two extra reds after frame ball instead of playing safe when the opponent already needs a snooker. If you miss and he gets back in and lays a snooker, you've always got a chance of escaping so there shouldn't be any pressure on that one extra red or opening the reds when you don't really want to immediately after frame ball red has been potted.

Wild - I know you've been balanced in this topic and where you're coming from with Trump but you obviously need to read back some of the things you've said about Trump in the last year because they were bordering on obsessive.

good point

i am sorry about some of the things i said but that was out of the same frustration im feeling tonight that people have just not got me at all on this subject and on some ocations it has looked bad i put my hands up to that :emb:

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:

1 out of

smart said blobs alot dont see you having ago at him :hmmm:

there were a few misses selby isnt god :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Yeah but reading this topic in scroll mode it's obvious you see the game in terms of blobs. I don't remember a frame where a player had a good chance and didn't make a 50 off it. I thought both Selby and Trump stood up to the pressure admirably and both seemed to play even better because of it.

Postby Wildey

ive wiped the slate clean now im looking forward to the rest of his career and hope he can carry on from this maybee not straight away win another but his level of performance ive been impressed with more than the title TBH.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Yeah but reading this topic in scroll mode it's obvious you see the game in terms of blobs. I don't remember a frame where a player had a good chance and didn't make a 50 off it. I thought both Selby and Trump stood up to the pressure admirably and both seemed to play even better because of it.

Selby was scoring heavily off almost every visit which put extra pressure on Judd, so to keep his nose in front all through the match the way he did was quite incredible taking into account it was his first ranking final and Mark has had a tonne more experience at this level, at 8-8 you'd make him heavy favourite but Judd's expression didn't change at all. He said before the match that he just wanted to enjoy it and play without a life and death scenario win or lose and that helped him :spot on:

Postby Roland

To be fair this week he's clearly played better than he has before and it's down to learning the art of safety. He's always been good in the balls. The apprentiship in the middle ranks has now passed as it did with Robbo, Selby and Murphy who all spent a few seasons plying their trade in the top 48 and 32.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:To be fair this week he's clearly played better than he has before and it's down to learning the art of safety. He's always been good in the balls. The apprentiship in the middle ranks has now passed as it did with Robbo, Selby and Murphy who all spent a few seasons plying their trade in the top 48 and 32.

Exactly, that's why I was never panicking. It's not like he was going backwards this or last season, he was on the verge of the 16 before this week anyway and had qualified for all but one tournaments, won a PTC etc etc. Wild was just being critical for critical's sake. I always said he needed one or two wins against quality opponents at a venue to finally reach this level as a top-table contender, because snooker is such a confidence game, Judd feeds off confidence. I had a feeling from the QFs that it was gona be his week <ok>

Postby Wildey

neither blobbed today im sure selby felt the pressure more because he just couldnt get in front but one of selbys centuries tonight was break of the tournament...it never looked on and he made it look easy.