Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:Wow! What a match that was. Seems Bourne was right about the China Open being winnable by Trump. He played brilliantly in that match, it was a very mature performance. And didn't get nervous when Selby had him in all sorts of trouble.

Credit to Mark Selby though, an awesome performance by him too. What a final! The China Open has been very worthy this year.

Yeah, it's been a wonderful tournament by what I've seen, it's just a pity it's on right before the Worlds...

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:How impressive was that under pressure? Splitting those reds and the pink with a first ranking title at stake was very well done indeed.

I'm gutted for Selby, but a it's great to see such a clearly gifted young man scaling the heights... with Ronnie on the drop, I think Hearn may have found a new man to bring this new era for the game forward.

Let's not get carried away. That's what everybody said in 2008, and Judd struggled under pressure. Don't think he'll be doing that this time round though. Top performance.

Really, really gutted for Selby. I wanted him to get that second ranker. But if he keeps playing like that, it'll come.

yes its only a small step but a nice step <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:yes its only a small step but a nice step <ok>

It's more then a small step, it's a big step. Before this tournament, he'd struggled to get past the second round. And I admit, when Bourne said; "China is winnable", I was thinking; "What a deluded fanboy." I think most of us were. But Trump played the tournament of his life, and won it. Congratulations to him, he's taken a couple of big steps today.

But, I don't want to go mental with the fanboyism. One commentator mentioned him as having a real chance of winning the world champion. It seems we are so desperate for a new young star, we are clamouring around Judd begging him to be that star. I don't want the poor lad to get carried away. He did very, very, very well this tournament. And he needs to stay focussed, and keep his feet on the ground if he is to further fulfil his potential.

Postby Tubberlad

He won't be World Champion, I still don't think he'll get past round one. But now it's been confirmed that the kid can play, be mature and handle pressure well. It's all positive and there's reason to believe we've a very exciting young prosepect here.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:He won't be World Champion, I still don't think he'll get past round one. But now it's been confirmed that the kid can play, be mature and handle pressure well. It's all positive and there's reason to believe we've a very exciting young prosepect here.

BACK TRACKING NOW :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:He won't be World Champion, I still don't think he'll get past round one. But now it's been confirmed that the kid can play, be mature and handle pressure well. It's all positive and there's reason to believe we've a very exciting young prosepect here.

When I say he won't be World Champion, I mean this year

I have never said at any stage that he will beat Robbo, I just think Smart's thread was one of the funniest I've ever read

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:

It's more then a small step, it's a big step. Before this tournament, he'd struggled to get past the second round. And I admit, when Bourne said; "China is winnable", I was thinking; "What a deluded fanboy." I think most of us were. But Trump played the tournament of his life, and won it. Congratulations to him, he's taken a couple of big steps today.

But, I don't want to go mental with the fanboyism. One commentator mentioned him as having a real chance of winning the world champion. It seems we are so desperate for a new young star, we are clamouring around Judd begging him to be that star. I don't want the poor lad to get carried away. He did very, very, very well this tournament. And he needs to stay focussed, and keep his feet on the ground if he is to further fulfil his potential.

He has good people around him and I'm confident that he will stay focussed and won't get carried away.
Well done Judd! This was a great match, concluding a great tournament, and a great win against an in-form Mark Selby.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

what i should have said its the first step <ok>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:

When I say he won't be World Champion, I mean this year

I have never said at any stage that he will beat Robbo, I just think Smart's thread was one of the funniest I've ever read

yes lets not forget dam good players never been world champion ever its not in stone he will win it but he has to be a contender in the next 5 years now.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:He has good people around him and I'm confident that he will stay focussed and won't get carried away.
Well done Judd! This was a great match, concluding a great tournament, and a great win against an in-form Mark Selby.

Once again, Monique is the voice of reason. On a forum arguing about Robertson vs Trump, we are forgetting it was a good win for the lad.

It did make Robertson vs Trump a lot easier then it was a week ago, but that's another match for another day. :hatoff:

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:grove snooker fan girl

Hey?

That's me I guess... ;)

Judd is managed by Grove, so are Jack Lisowski, Liu Song, Chen Zhe, Liu Chuang, Zhang Anda, Mark Williams and Ronnie.
Oh ... and Matthew Selt ;)

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:grove snooker fan girl

Hey?

That's me I guess... ;)

Judd is managed by Grove, so are Jack Lisowski, Liu Song, Chen Zhe, Liu Chuang, Zhang Anda, Mark Williams and Ronnie.
Oh ... and Matthew Selt ;)

Aaah, see I saw the Snooker Fan reference, and wonder if he meant me. What comedy confusion. rofl

Good win for Judd Trump, I must say. Excellent final.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:How about that then :hatoff:

He played very, very well. Many players of his experience would've fallen through mentally in the last couple of frames, as Selby was making it very, very difficult. He impressed me with his maturity, and all round game.

He gave us buck ugly photo opportunity though. Image

Postby Bourne

If this performance, beating a Selby playing as well as he was, doesn't shut up the doubters then I truly don't know what will. Just proves everything i've been saying in the last few months, but you can't say it wasn't coming, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Who thought at the start of the season Trump would be ranked alongside O'Sullivan eh ? :D

Postby Black2white

:hatoff: Congratulations to Judd and all his fans! :happy:
That was a truely great performance today <cool> I even remember saying I fancied him for the title a couple of days ago.
He really has turned up now <cool> and I'm all for it. Hopefully he can keep it up and book his place in the top 16 for years to come
also now really looking forward to the Robbo vs Trump at the Crucible :D

as for Selby, I'm just gutted for him
he's been knocking on the door in the last couple of month, reaching 2 semis and 2 finals
though loosing the final to Williams and loosing here to a young player who wins his first title from the first attempt must feel a bit different I'd say :sad:
hopefully he manages to find some positives come the worlds but it looks quite depressing for him :|

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Wow! What a match that was. Seems Bourne was right about the China Open being winnable by Trump. He played brilliantly in that match, it was a very mature performance. And didn't get nervous when Selby had him in all sorts of trouble.

Credit to Mark Selby though, an awesome performance by him too. What a final! The China Open has been very worthy this year.

Yeah, it's been a wonderful tournament by what I've seen, it's just a pity it's on right before the Worlds...

Are you kidding? People on here are creaming themselves senseless at the thought of Robertson vs Trump. (If it wasn't bad enough before.) I thought that whet the appetite for the Worlds nicely. (And wet Bourne's something else....)

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:If this performance, beating a Selby playing as well as he was, doesn't shut up the doubters then I truly don't know what will. Just proves everything i've been saying in the last few months, but you can't say it wasn't coming, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Who thought at the start of the season Trump would be ranked alongside O'Sullivan eh ? :D

O'Sullivan will be a qualifier, soon enough. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote::hatoff: Congratulations to Judd and all his fans! :happy:
That was a truely great performance today <cool> I even remember saying I fancied him for the title a couple of days ago.
He really has turned up now <cool> and I'm all for it. Hopefully he can keep it up and book his place in the top 16 for years to come
also now really looking forward to the Robbo vs Trump at the Crucible :D

as for Selby, I'm just gutted for him
he's been knocking on the door in the last couple of month, reaching 2 semis and 2 finals
though loosing the final to Williams and loosing here to a young player who wins his first title from the first attempt must feel a bit different I'd say :sad:
hopefully he manages to find some positives come the worlds but it looks quite depressing for him :|

You never know. The Crucible is round the corner. And Selby may stand a chance. Stranger things have happened, and I think there's so much high quality snooker going on, that there is no strong favourite this year.

Postby Black2white

SnookerFan wrote:You never know. The Crucible is round the corner. And Selby may stand a chance. Stranger things have happened, and I think there's so much high quality snooker going on, that there is no strong favourite this year.

we'll see how it goes
he couldn't live through a 17days marathon last year when he did sod all in China
now there's been so much snooker, he did well in 4 of the last rankers (not always playing positively I should say) that must be mentally draining :?
still two weeks till the worlds but he must be exhausted at this point <doh>
on the other hand he's got a reasonable draw and he's in good form now :-) everything possible

Postby Wildey

"There will be a lot of expectation on me to play well against Neil Robertson and if I don't do that then people will start thinking that this was just a lucky week".

no judd

nobody can play well all the time and its not as if you experiance in playing there if you lose you have lost to a man thats done it and baught the T Shirt you just won.

you just have to go in to next season some you win some you just cant because your beaten by the better player on the day.

today you won a tournament nobody can take that away from you.

just carry on playing how you played this week you will be fine your proven yourself now. :clap: