Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:the day selby wins the wc is the day i stop following snooker

God that's pathetic :wretch:

well i hate selby and i dont watch snooker for bores like him, dott and ebdon....i watch snooker for exciting players like ronnie (not of late) williams day stevens robbo trump etc

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:The problem for selby is he grinds to much and in the end by the business end of worlds he is kanckered and doesnt produce his bst like agianst dott last year so he does himself no favours

Yeah, I can go along with that. I've mentioned it over and over that Selby is far more potent when attacking the game and setting his stall out to win rather taking the 'avoid losing at all costs' mentality...

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:Ding Junhui admitted he had been frustrated by the slow nature of the match and was disappointed to not be able to win the China Open for a second time.

"From the first match in the tournament I've had to be defensive," said Ding. "There haven't been the opportunities to be attacking but I expect faster matches at the Crucible.

"I couldn't find my form and the slow pace was a killer for me. It was Selby's pace that was slow, not my own but I can't do anything about that."

Well that sends out a strong signal to Selby if they meet at the Crucible <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

well i hate selby and i dont watch snooker for bores like him, dott and ebdon....i watch snooker for exciting players like ronnie (not of late) williams day stevens robbo trump etc

Day? More exciting than Dott, Selby or Ebdon? Having a laugh mate...

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

Day? More exciting than Dott, Selby or Ebdon? Having a laugh mate...

i think ron is on the sauce tonight

:hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Good mind games from Ding <ok> I'm with wild actually this is the first year that i've felt Ding can really make a go at this tournament, the draw's come out in his favour especially early on but to have a worst case scenario of facing Selby and Robbo before a final is very handy. If he's at his best at the Crucible no-one will stop him.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Good mind games from Ding <ok> I'm with wild actually this is the first year that i've felt Ding can really make a go at this tournament, the draw's come out in his favour especially early on but to have a worst case scenario of facing Selby and Robbo before a final is very handy. If he's at his best at the Crucible no-one will stop him.

If Ding finds form at a tournament, he wins. I don't see him havign a preference for any venue, he just goes out and does it when he's on song. If Ding can find form for a fortnight, he can beat anyone.

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:Good mind games from Ding <ok> I'm with wild actually this is the first year that i've felt Ding can really make a go at this tournament, the draw's come out in his favour especially early on but to have a worst case scenario of facing Selby and Robbo before a final is very handy. If he's at his best at the Crucible no-one will stop him.

If Ding finds form at a tournament, he wins. I don't see him havign a preference for any venue, he just goes out and does it when he's on song. If Ding can find form for a fortnight, he can beat anyone.

Done it at the other two majors three times, if that's not an apprenticeship served then I don't know what is <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:so thats me, wild and bourne who thinks ding is ready

I don't care if Christ Jesus thinks he'll do the business... not ready just yet

thanks for being hostile against me...im only joining in the debate or is that not allowed
prehaps i will just go back to lurking

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:so thats me, wild and bourne who thinks ding is ready

I don't care if Christ Jesus thinks he'll do the business... not ready just yet

thanks for being hostile against me...im only joining in the debate or is that not allowed
prehaps i will just go back to lurking

I'm not being hostile :chuckle:

Postby Roland

ooh buck, this starts soon and I was planning on getting up at half 7 then doing the mothers day thing after session 1. Looks like I'll be catching up on sky+ and staying off the forum until I know the result instead of joining in.

:irk:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:ooh buck, this starts soon and I was planning on getting up at half 7 then doing the mothers day thing after session 1. Looks like I'll be catching up on sky+ and staying off the forum until I know the result instead of joining in.

You can do it Sonny. Snooker is worth missing sleep for.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:ooh buck, this starts soon and I was planning on getting up at half 7 then doing the mothers day thing after session 1. Looks like I'll be catching up on sky+ and staying off the forum until I know the result instead of joining in.

You can do it Sonny. Snooker is worth missing sleep for.

My Sonny lies over the ocean, My Sonny lies over the sea. My Sonny lies over the ocean, so bring back my Sonny to me.

Postby SnookerFan

All credit to Trump, that was a great break in the first frame.

It's amazing what a few wins can do. Against Gould in the PTCs, it was more Judd Chump then Judd Trump. And even earlier this week, despite impressive scorelines, he had a worrying ability to miss frame ball. Luckily it wasn't punished.

That century break was impressive though.