Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:i hope to god the second session will be ground to a complete standstil between 12.30pm and 2.30pm i might have a chance to be home in time to catch the conclusion.

i will be tuning in to SI on a mobile and will be expecting some scores <ok>

for once could i call on you to keep me updated :-)

if it was trump v ding you would be in trouble

but as wiggy is playing it could drag on for a while

:hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

How do you feel the China Open has altered the build up to this World Championship? I feel Trump is now more likely to give Robertson a good game, albeit to still drop short. Higgins has lost his 'unbeatable' tag but is still a hot favourite, O'Sullivans chances look even more sparse...

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:How do you feel the China Open has altered the build up to this World Championship? I feel Trump is now more likely to give Robertson a good game, albeit to still drop short. Higgins has lost his 'unbeatable' tag but is still a hot favourite, O'Sullivans chances look even more sparse...

players who do well in china open flop at worlds :D

so its told us nothing about robbo and higgins :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:Robbo's been off the boil a little, then again he was in poor form last year also. I think a run to the final is not beyond him...

he knos how its done

he played quite well at uk and masters

IMO he ws in worse form last season at this stage

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:crucible curse will get robbo when he loses to ding in semis

Ding won't make the semi-finals...

why not, he has every chance

No he doesn't. He has never played well at the Crucible, and there's no way he'll take Selby out over 25 frames

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:crucible curse will get robbo when he loses to ding in semis

Ding won't make the semi-finals...

why not, he has every chance

No he doesn't. He has never played well at the Crucible, and there's no way he'll take Selby out over 25 frames

we will see

Postby GJ

Selby will grind and grind and he knows ding wont like it as shown in his reaction to todays match on ws site

the same tactics wont work agianst the word champion

Postby Roland

I've just finished watching Selby v Ding and what a match that was. I thought Selby would run away with it from the start but I have to hand it to Ding in frame 8. I was worried as soon as Selby didn't kill off the frame with Ding needing more than one snooker. All the way through the rest of the frame until Selby finally potted the green I felt Ding was destined to win the frame and go on to win the match. He played some excellent snooker and had Selby totally on the rack, even to the point that a longish green he missed which was the only half chance he'd had for about 20 minutes was suddenly a 1 in 100 instead of the 9 in 10 it would usually be. Selby fell over the line in the end. If they meet at the Crucible, I won't be as confident then as I was before today's match.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:Selby will grind and grind and he knows ding wont like it as shown in his reaction to todays match on ws site

the same tactics wont work agianst the word champion

Yeah, it's going to be between Robertson, Selby and to a lesser extent Dott & Ding in the top half. Ding is fourth of that lot for me.

Bottom half Higgins, Murphy & Williams... Higgins hot favourite

Postby GJ

Ding Junhui admitted he had been frustrated by the slow nature of the match and was disappointed to not be able to win the China Open for a second time.

"From the first match in the tournament I've had to be defensive," said Ding. "There haven't been the opportunities to be attacking but I expect faster matches at the Crucible.

"I couldn't find my form and the slow pace was a killer for me. It was Selby's pace that was slow, not my own but I can't do anything about that."

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Bottom half Higgins, Murphy & Williams... Higgins hot favourite

agree on this, ronnie outside chance

:hatoff:

Postby jojo

ding revealing his weakness if i was selby and play him again ie at the crucible if possible i will slow down even more always play to your opponents weaknesses especially if it doesnt deter you from your own game
Last edited by jojo on 02 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Monique

jojo wrote:ding revealing his weakness if i was selby and play him again ie at thee crucible if possible i will slow down even more always play to your opponents weaknesses especially if it doesnt deter you from your own game

Yes but it DOES deter him from his own game as he admitted himself on his site.

Postby Tubberlad

Rocket_ron wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Bottom half Higgins, Murphy & Williams... Higgins hot favourite

agree on this, ronnie outside chance

Absolutely zero chance... who you going to curse next :-D

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:the day selby wins the wc is the day i stop following snooker

robbo will beat him mate dont worry :hatoff:

Postby GJ

The problem for selby is he grinds to much and in the end by the business end of worlds he is kanckered and doesnt produce his bst like agianst dott last year so he does himself no favours

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Not a chance this year. He needs a bit of Crucible experience before he'll do the job.

this is his best chance so far though but hes never won a 3 session match but hes had tough oponements every year hes played there but you got expect that

2007 Ronnie O'Sullivan lost 10-2
2008 Marco Fu beat 10-9, Stephen Hendry lost 13-7
2009 Liang Wenbo beat 10-8 Stephen Hendry lost 13-10
2010 Stuart Pettman beat 10-1 Shaun Murphy lost 13-10

but in none of thoes years i thought he had a chance this year i think he has.