Topic locked

Re: Trump shuts up his critics

Postby Roland

Wild has spoken :roll:

Judd is ridiculously talented. There's no way he won't be a major star over the next 15 years or more. I've only ever seen Ronnie O'Sullivan make a ranking event semi-final look so effortless.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Wild has spoken :roll:

Judd is ridiculously talented. There's no way he won't be a major star over the next 15 years or more. I've only ever seen Ronnie O'Sullivan make a ranking event semi-final look so effortless.

His game reminds me a lot of Ronnie's actually, very free flowing & natural. The talent is there in buckets, more so than any young player I've seen over the last ten years. It's all about mentality and smarts for him, and I've been impressed with his last two displays in those departments.

Postby Wildey

big deal talent has never put trophies in the cabinet ask Tony Drago and talent has never given a player his dreams ask Jimmy white.

no matter how talent someone is they have to deliver on it just saying hes talented is as useless as taking asprin as a the pill substatute.

Postby GJ

We will see if he will open his gob ahead of his match with robbo

any big headed quotes will be sent to the world champion via twitter and to his official website

:hatoff:
Last edited by GJ on 02 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

big deal talent has never put trophies in the cabinet ask Tony Drago and talent has never given a player his dreams ask Jimmy white.

no matter how talent someone is they have to deliver on it just saying hes talented is as useless as taking asprin as a the pill substatute.

I know you're not getting caught up in hype, neither am I, but you really do seem to have a set on the lad. I actually think he has done pretty well so far, and might even be a ranking event winner by tomorrow. He looks to be maturing, I don't expect World titles any time soon, but I think he's slowly but surely getting there.

Postby Rocket_ron

when i watch judd this morning...his breakbuilding and cue action reminded me of ronnies...im warming to this lad...just wish he would sort his hair out

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

He's 21 you bucking clown.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

21... and already delivered more than Drago in my opinion. On another planet in terms of talent.

Time is the essence here. He could be something special, but it just needs to be kept in check right now

Postby GJ

I want him towin tomorrow and then the bandwagon will be in overdrive for the worlds

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:trump is coming, next season he will arrive big time

agreed NEXT SEASON

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

I know you're not getting caught up in hype, neither am I, but you really do seem to have a set on the lad. I actually think he has done pretty well so far, and might even be a ranking event winner by tomorrow. He looks to be maturing, I don't expect World titles any time soon, but I think he's slowly but surely getting there.

no im getting set on people hyping him up to be better than he was last week when hes done jack rubbish and im set on him thinking its wrong that people been critizizing him.

this week has been the start for me believing in him thats the point because now hes done something worth while to believe in.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

so what thats your answer to everything hes 21 i still wanted to see him doing something no matter how old he is next you will be hyping a baby because hes 6 months and got enough time to do it......point is he has to do it.

Postby GJ

I get what wild means cope played great snooker to make 2 ranking fianls in 06/07 and has done nothing since

this is trumps first big ranking final so the true test will be if he backs up this weeks perfomance in upcoming events

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

He's 21 you intercoursing clown.

so what thats your answer to everything hes 21 i still wanted to see him doing something no matter how old he is next you will be hyping a baby because hes 6 months and got enough time to do it......point is he has to do it.

It's like going in bucking circles with you, seriously :td:

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:How do you rate his performance this week out of interest Wild.

against Ebdon that was the greatest performance of his career today not played aswell but there was a lot of outside interuptions its been great seeing him mix atack with some safety and out Psyching Ebdon now thats impressive.

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:trump is better than cope

winning tomorrow he will be

if not he isnt at this stage

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:big deal talent has never put trophies in the cabinet ask Tony Drago and talent has never given a player his dreams ask Jimmy white.

He's 21 you intercoursing clown.

It's like going in bucking circles with you, seriously :td:

why ?

all hail Luca Brecel they have to do the buisness no matter how old they are before i get carried away with their talent.

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

against Ebdon that was the greatest performance of his career today not played aswell but there was a lot of outside interuptions its been great seeing him mix atack with some safety and out Psyching Ebdon now thats impressive.

Yeah, the Ebdon performance was class in my opinion, but was really impressed today.

It's really the maturity he has shown that is standing out, that;s what he's really been missing. The lad is good... but there's a long way to go yet :hatoff:

Postby Rocket_ron

GJ wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:trump is better than cope

winning tomorrow he will be

if not he isnt at this stage

true, but ok in the future he will be better no doubt about it. i tink judd will win a big tourney next year

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:why ?

all hail Luca Brecel they have to do the buisness no matter how old they are before i get carried away with their talent.

No-one's ever tried to make out he's the finished article, so why do you keep judging him like he should already be in the GOAT list ? Snooker's clearly not a young man's game anymore, so where he is at the moment at his age does stand out in the modern game, no matter what type of spin you try to put on it. This season:
Consistently qualified for events this year, all but one, whereas in the past he's barely qualified for any = progress
Won a PTC title = progress
Climbing the rankings quickly and now reached the top 16 = progress
Beating the best players in the world such as Murphy and Ebdon = progress
Qualified for the Worlds for the first time in 4 years = progress

You'll probably come back with some long-winded waffle about him not doing it 10 years ago like always, but the non-hatahs can appreciate what he's doing now is a solid stepping stone and a sign of things to come <ok>

Postby GJ

robbo v trump odds started at

1/3 9/4

now 4/9 13/8

now clsoe do we think the odds will get if trump wins against selby

Postby Tubberlad

What's your opinion on Trump GJ? I can't see him beating Robbo, but will give him a decent clash... could benefit Robbo greatly actually rather than a handy trip to round two...

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

Yeah, the Ebdon performance was class in my opinion, but was really impressed today.

It's really the maturity he has shown that is standing out, that;s what he's really been missing. The lad is good... but there's a long way to go yet :hatoff:

i actually dont think there is that long way to go if people around him and on forums wont get carried away and keep him grounded.

its obvious he reads opinions on him he stil needs grounding after this week and not get carried away even older players goes AWOL after a good run thinking they arrived.

reaching this final is a start a fantastic start but what about next week next month next year it dont stop there as i say hes played mature stuff this week he needs to keep that going.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:What's your opinion on Trump GJ? I can't see him beating Robbo, but will give him a decent clash... could benefit Robbo greatly actually rather than a handy trip to round two...

totally agree robbo will know he will have to play well and he will

:hatoff:

Trumpis a good player but alot of players have produced in 1 ranking event lets see how he backs it up
Last edited by GJ on 02 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

No-one's ever tried to make out he's the finished article, so why do you keep judging him like he should already be in the GOAT list ? Snooker's clearly not a young man's game anymore, so where he is at the moment at his age does stand out in the modern game, no matter what type of spin you try to put on it. This season:
Consistently qualified for events this year, all but one, whereas in the past he's barely qualified for any = progress

You'll probably come back with some long-winded waffle about him not doing it 10 years ago like always, but the non-hatahs can appreciate what he's doing now is a solid stepping stone and a sign of things to come <ok>

buck PTC Event

buck Last Week

buck this Week

buck Rankings

its all about how he goes forward from here.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

intercourse PTC Event

intercourse Last Week

intercourse this Week

intercourse Rankings

its all about how he goes forward from here.

pmsl