Topic locked

Re: Trump shuts up his critics

Postby Tubberlad

Looking forward to it now I must say. The opening day is often an anti-climax in that you only have one match being concluded and it's often never in doubt... this should be an interesting one at least.

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:i think judd trump is the hardest qualifier this year, then day then stevens then lee

<laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

GJ wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:i think judd trump is the hardest qualifier this year, then day then stevens then lee

<laugh>

no im seious i watched all of them at the eis and was very very impressed. judd was brill, lee hammered davis and done well at china. stevens did well and since got into PL

Postby Alex0paul

I still think Trump's best performance was his semi defeat against Higgins in the Grand Prix.

Postby GJ

Sorry mate you can say im biased but stevens is a crucible player been there done it

trump hasnt won a match at the crucible yet

matthew clearly most dangerous qualifier IMO

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:Sorry mate you can say im biased but stevens is a crucible player been there done it

Judd's lost less matches at the Crucible :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

GJ wrote:Sorry mate you can say im biased but stevens is a crucible player been there done it

i never have a problem with any of your oppinions, but you got to agree that out of the 16 qualifiers Trump,lee,stevens and day are the danger ones

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:I still think Trump's best performance was his semi defeat against Higgins in the Grand Prix.

any good patterns for this years worlds

:hatoff:

Postby Sickpotter

IMO if Trump wins this it could just be the confidence boost to start him on a roll.

Good luck for the title, Selby is going to be a handful no doubt.

Postby Bourne

Shaun on a few forums people are tipping trump to beat robbo how do you see that match going and is this week relevant for it

:redneck:

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:I still think Trump's best performance was his semi defeat against Higgins in the Grand Prix.

no he started that semi well then peatred out very tamely.

against Ebdon he was solid throughout and no sign of weakness but prior to that Ebdon match i agree on TV Anyway.

and can i say bourne with my buck this and buck that post what i was trying to say and have tried to say all bucking day.

im not interested in what hes done prior to this week here and now is all im interested in because this is where its at Ranking Final and deserving to be there.

im giving the kid a chance based on his play this week nothing else hes done counts rubbish <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

No, he came from 4-1 down to 4-4 only Higgins to show his class.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Wild wrote:

No, he came from 4-1 down to 4-4 only Higgins to show his class.

see it wasent even memerable it was a nothing match i forgot it.

Postby Bourne

No, you just thought of a negative scenario and said it, didn't care whether it was fictitious or not :wild:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:No, you just thought of a negative scenario and said it, didn't care whether it was fictitious or not :wild:

dont be a pin end all your life <ok>

that was without a doubt his best match of the 2008 GP ive always said that but this week has been better and i dont think ill ever forget that ebdon match.....it was the coming of age match for trump.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:why ?

all hail Luca Brecel they have to do the buisness no matter how old they are before i get carried away with their talent.

No-one's ever tried to make out he's the finished article, so why do you keep judging him like he should already be in the GOAT list ? Snooker's clearly not a young man's game anymore, so where he is at the moment at his age does stand out in the modern game, no matter what type of spin you try to put on it. This season:
Consistently qualified for events this year, all but one, whereas in the past he's barely qualified for any = progress
Won a PTC title = progress
Climbing the rankings quickly and now reached the top 16 = progress
Beating the best players in the world such as Murphy and Ebdon = progress
Qualified for the Worlds for the first time in 4 years = progress

You'll probably come back with some long-winded waffle about him not doing it 10 years ago like always, but the non-hatahs can appreciate what he's doing now is a solid stepping stone and a sign of things to come <ok>

Well said Sir :hatoff: