Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Tubberlad

Ronnie O'Sullivan has not got a hope by what I've just watched should he play Murphy in round two. He has a great record against Murphy, but interestingly, Murphy's standout win against O'Sullivan was in a Premier League final... a format 100% suited to O'Sullivan. Murphy looked a lot smarter today than what he normally does, and bossed the game, surprisingly in my opinion.

I also think if he can produce two good 5-3 sessions against Higgins at the Crucible, he's a serious title contender. Easier said than done I suppose.

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I just finished my stint of recorded Eurosport. Murphy looked pretty good against Higgins, his safety game was superb and I have to confess I never had Murphy down as someone who could think a good safety game but he proved me wrong today.

Then Ding v Lee was a very entertaining match with a good crowd atmosphere. This is the first snooker I've seen all week so I didn't know what to expect but heard Lee was in good form. He potted some absolute crackers and the fizz on the white was pretty astounding at times but it showed that the tables play beautifully. I can time the ball pretty much as well as Lee when I'm playing well so I know how it feels to pull off some of those sorts of shots but obviously nowhere near as consistently as he does it, but it tells me the tables are superb.

So Ding eventually won after stealing the 5th frame to go 4-1 up on Lee who had gone for the high break prize on 69 with 67 left and that proved crucial. It was funny watching him fluke a couple of snookers in the next but Lee rightfully closed it out but lost the next. Ding looks in good fettle but not unbeatable.

Then without knowing anything of the Selby match other than he was 3-1 up at the interval, I got to see the last 2 frames of that match. All I can say is bingo. Selby is back - he's remembered how well he can play the game. I knew it would come good for him after the German Masters despite losing to Williams in the final. That loss could be what spurs him on.

Anyway, those last two frames to win 5-1 with a century followed by a flawless 139 in the last frame was Selby at his ruthless best. Pure class.

:hoover:

Selby's been pretty bad pretty much since christmas its credit hes not lost before the semis in all 4 ranking tournaments but today he looked very good.