Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Semi Final Discussion !!!!

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:Selby...played.....awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON SELBY OR MURPHY!

ANYONE BUT BORING DING.

Hatah :D

I will admit to this one, I AM NOT A DING FAN. OR RYAN DAY FOR MATTER OF FACT.

Welsh Hatah :grrr:

has williams changed nationality :shc:

Postby randam05

I will admit to this one, I AM NOT A DING FAN. OR RYAN DAY FOR MATTER OF FACT.

Welsh Hatah :grrr:[/quote]

has williams changed nationality :shc:[/quote][/quote]

haha rofl yes rocket? and dominic dale? is he not welsh?

Postby vodkadiet

GJ

Would you change your avatar if you saw Stephen Lee in a bikini?

"You can see in his eyes that Ding is under pressure," said Lee. "But he's in the semi-finals, hitting the ball really nicely and the best is yet to come as he's a very good player.

"He's full of confidence and I hope he goes on and does himself proud.

"I didn't get going in the match and I never like playing at night. I had two afternoon matches before but I've not slept well. If the first frame had gone differently then it might've settled me down but Ding kept me sat down for long spells.

"The atmosphere was superb but it was hot in there, a bit too warm to play snooker in with all the lights. It was as hot as I've ever played anywhere in the world, I should've brought a bikini."

Anyway, despite his defeat today, Stephen Lee remains big in China!

I am off to try and score. Don't tell the the girlfriend!

:night:

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:GJ

Would you change your avatar if you saw Stephen Lee in a bikini?

"You can see in his eyes that Ding is under pressure," said Lee. "But he's in the semi-finals, hitting the ball really nicely and the best is yet to come as he's a very good player.

"He's full of confidence and I hope he goes on and does himself proud.

"I didn't get going in the match and I never like playing at night. I had two afternoon matches before but I've not slept well. If the first frame had gone differently then it might've settled me down but Ding kept me sat down for long spells.

"The atmosphere was superb but it was hot in there, a bit too warm to play snooker in with all the lights. It was as hot as I've ever played anywhere in the world, I should've brought a bikini."

Anyway, despite his defeat today, Stephen Lee remains big in China!

I am off to try and score. Don't tell the the girlfriend!

:night:

rofl :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:If Judd achieves nothing more in this tournament, he's at least scared GJ shitless for the Worlds match in a fortnight ! :afro:

Actually, for once I agree with you about something Judd Trump related.

When Neil Robertson drew Judd Trump, personally I didn't see it as too taxing a problem for Neil Robertson. In fact, I saw it as one of the least interesting stories of the first round. The World Champion drew some guy who had a decent run in 2008, and not much else.

However, after being bored of listening to fans go; "He's young, he's the future, he had a decent run in a tournament once, he's going to be the first person to win The Crucible three times in one season...." Judd has finally done something worth talking about. And he's beaten Ebdon, and beaten Ebdon well. No fluke there, Ebdon is no mug. Point is, his match with Murphy should be a cracker tomorrow.... And finally Trump has had a second tournament run to his name. Something his fans have bored us witless telling us is coming for 3 years.

Point is this. Judd will take confidence, even if Murphy spanks him tomorrow. Neil Robertson's first round game at The Crucible was straight forward last week. It isn't any more.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:I knew it was coming ! That one win against Fu gave him the confidence which was all he needed for the floodgates to open !!!

Well, it's about bloody time. He's taken that many years to do it.... Pity he couldn't take the confidence from beating Ronnie and progress from there. rofl

Still, all credit to the guy. He's got to a semi-final. So, he's finally repaying your faith in him. How do you see his match with Murphy going, Bourne? And none of your fanboyism, what's your real opinion?

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I knew it was coming ! That one win against Fu gave him the confidence which was all he needed for the floodgates to open !!!

Well, it's about bloody time. He's taken that many years to do it.... Pity he couldn't take the confidence from beating Ronnie and progress from there. rofl

Still, all credit to the guy. He's got to a semi-final. So, he's finally repaying your faith in him. How do you see his match with Murphy going, Bourne? And none of your fanboyism, what's your real opinion?

Now I get that feeling it's his week to be honest, I think of all the players left that he needs it the most (not saying the others don't want it obviously) ... as long as he doesn't put pressure on himself and tries to enjoy it then he can win it, maybe if he plays Ding in the final it will be his toughest match but Murphy I expect him to beat :hatoff:

Postby jojo

to be honest this china open not been able to watch any of it hopefully i got some time off in the first week of sheffield so will be able to watch a lot of snooker then not making the trip to the crucible this year but would like to go again next year

when the world championship starts i will be here whoring the whole place down with posts left right and centre like wild ha

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:to be honest this china open not been able to watch any of it hopefully i got some time off in the first week of sheffield so will be able to watch a lot of snooker then not making the trip to the crucible this year but would like to go again next year

when the world championship starts i will be here whoring the whole place down with posts left right and centre like wild ha

I shudder to think what you'll be posting if Lee and Murphy meet in the last-eight :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Now I get that feeling it's his week to be honest, I think of all the players left that he needs it the most (not saying the others don't want it obviously) ... as long as he doesn't put pressure on himself and tries to enjoy it then he can win it, maybe if he plays Ding in the final it will be his toughest match but Murphy I expect him to beat :hatoff:

That's optimism. Murphy will compete hard for every ball. But good luck to the lad.

Postby GJ

if trump wins this title how short do we think his odds will be agianst robbo

currently

robbo 4-9
trump 7/4
Last edited by GJ on 01 Apr 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, who is going to be up at 7:30am watching snooker? I plan to be. I take it I'm going to have Bourne to talk to, as the Trumpmeister is playing.

Oh goody :excited:

Hopefully Monique will be around. Mr. Wild won't have got out of bed.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:So, who is going to be up at 7:30am watching snooker? I plan to be. I take it I'm going to have Bourne to talk to, as the Trumpmeister is playing.

ill be up ......but thats another story :lol:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:if trump wins this title how short do we think his odds will be agianst robbo

currently

robbo 4-9
trump 7/4

His odds will lengthen because punters will think he's all hype after this week and think Robbo is more likely to win :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:if trump wins this title how short do we think his odds will be agianst robbo

currently

robbo 4-9
trump 7/4

His odds will lengthen because punters will think he's all hype after this week and think Robbo is more likely to win :hatoff:

ha ha

Postby Roland

I just finished my stint of recorded Eurosport. Murphy looked pretty good against Higgins, his safety game was superb and I have to confess I never had Murphy down as someone who could think a good safety game but he proved me wrong today.

Then Ding v Lee was a very entertaining match with a good crowd atmosphere. This is the first snooker I've seen all week so I didn't know what to expect but heard Lee was in good form. He potted some absolute crackers and the fizz on the white was pretty astounding at times but it showed that the tables play beautifully. I can time the ball pretty much as well as Lee when I'm playing well so I know how it feels to pull off some of those sorts of shots but obviously nowhere near as consistently as he does it, but it tells me the tables are superb.

So Ding eventually won after stealing the 5th frame to go 4-1 up on Lee who had gone for the high break prize on 69 with 67 left and that proved crucial. It was funny watching him fluke a couple of snookers in the next but Lee rightfully closed it out but lost the next. Ding looks in good fettle but not unbeatable.

Then without knowing anything of the Selby match other than he was 3-1 up at the interval, I got to see the last 2 frames of that match. All I can say is bingo. Selby is back - he's remembered how well he can play the game. I knew it would come good for him after the German Masters despite losing to Williams in the final. That loss could be what spurs him on.

Anyway, those last two frames to win 5-1 with a century followed by a flawless 139 in the last frame was Selby at his ruthless best. Pure class.

:hoover:

Postby jojo

i been reading on the bbc website murphy saying he has watched john higgins since he came back from his ban and learned from the way john higgins plays murphy saying hes learned how and when to play safe now he understands he doesnt have to try and clear up all the time instead take whats there and let the game dictate how he going to play instead of always going for ridiculous shots

with this attitude and murphy drastically improving his all round game i think he will be a much better player honestly he can move on to the next level and really kick on if he takes the same approach at the crucible and sticks to this gameplan he can win the title again