Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:The longer trump stays in this the better as the hype will hit overdrive ahead of the worlds opener

That comment tells me you're showing him the respect he deserves at long last <ok>

GJ

the hype surounding trump has been hitting fevour pitch since the conception <laugh> so unless he wins this week there wont be any added hype.

Let GJ think that :D I prefer to look at this as a massive confidence-boosting run, which is the main thing a player like Trump needs at the minute, more time in front of the TV cameras and getting that winning feeling

The crucible is a completely different atmosphere and environment to china just look at ebdons last 2 years at worlds after domg well in china

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:That comment tells me you're showing him the respect he deserves at long last <ok>

GJ

the hype surounding trump has been hitting fevour pitch since the conception <laugh> so unless he wins this week there wont be any added hype.

Let GJ think that :D I prefer to look at this as a massive confidence-boosting run, which is the main thing a player like Trump needs at the minute, more time in front of the TV cameras and getting that winning feeling

The crucible is a completely different atmosphere and environment to china just look at ebdons last 2 years at worlds after domg well in china[/quote]
Trump went there as a 17 year old and acquitted himself well against a world champion on his debut, I don't think he'll have any adverse reaction, in fact I think it'll galvanise him especially playing such a good opponent who probably has more pressure as defending champ.

Postby vodkadiet

Trump is a nice player to watch, but there just seems something lacking with him in the mental department. I hope Trump can keep it close in the early stages. If Robbo goes 3-1 up at the first mid session interval, he could run away with it.

It is a great match for the first day though.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:That comment tells me you're showing him the respect he deserves at long last <ok>

GJ

The crucible is a completely different atmosphere and environment to china just look at ebdons last 2 years at worlds after domg well in china

Trump went there as a 17 year old and acquitted himself well against a world champion on his debut, I don't think he'll have any adverse reaction, in fact I think it'll galvanise him especially playing such a good opponent who probably has more pressure as defending champ.[/quote]

we will see :hatoff:

I wonder how many will pick trump in predicts for the opener ;-)

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Most people just moonball in the first round so I doubt many will tbh

at the moment im only confident in picking 2 qualifiers to win in round 1

but normally more than 2 win in round 1 so its tricky :?

Postby Bourne

Given we've got provisional rankings now there's far rarer cases of massively out of form players being comfy in the top 16, so it's a much more true reflection of the current state of play.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Given we've got provisional rankings now there's far rarer cases of massively out of form players being comfy in the top 16, so it's a much more true reflection of the current state of play.

also in years gone by seeds on the brink has gone to the crucible knowing if i dont win my opening match ill have to qualify next year and thats pressure in itself.

now players on the brink will know ive got a lot of chances next season to get back in to be seeded for the worlds so that relieves the pressure that its not a year long ranking no more.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Given we've got provisional rankings now there's far rarer cases of massively out of form players being comfy in the top 16, so it's a much more true reflection of the current state of play.

also in years gone by seeds on the brink has gone to the crucible knowing if i dont win my opening match ill have to qualify next year and thats pressure in itself.

now players on the brink will know ive got a lot of chances next season to get back in to be seeded for the worlds so that relieves the pressure that its not a year long ranking no more.

good analysis sir

:hatoff:

wild

in previous years has there ever been a worlds where no qualifiers won in round 1 or even just a couple winning ?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

good analysis sir

wild

in previous years has there ever been a worlds where no qualifiers won in round 1 or even just a couple winning ?

ill be on wikipedia for the next 30 mins <laugh>

Postby Wildey

what a list of players
Ding Junhui
John Higgins
Neil Robertson
Mark Williams
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
and then
Nigel Bond
Jimmy White

VOTE FOR YOUR PLAYER OF THE YEAR...

wtf is jimmy and Bond doing on the bucking list :lol:

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

good analysis sir

wild

In 1991 the first 15 favourites who played won their first round match(even though 3 of these favourites were qualifiers)but Mike Hallett ruined all 16 winning by losing to Tony Jones.

In contrast in the 1994 final qualifying round only 2 of the 16 players seeded to reach The Crucible made it through.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:what a list of players
Ding Junhui
John Higgins
Neil Robertson
Mark Williams
Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter
and then
Nigel Bond
Jimmy White

VOTE FOR YOUR PLAYER OF THE YEAR...

wtf is jimmy and Bond doing on the bucking list :lol:

Jimmy White finally won a World Championship, I'll have you know. <laugh> :gramp:

Some people will vote for him because of that.

Postby Wildey

good start from trump century in the opening frame...

he just cant afford to miss anything when he has a chance otherwise ebdon will start to tie things up.

Trump back in with a break making chance.

meanwhile on table 1 john higgins on a break of 51 looking to take a 1-0 lead