Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:Outstanding performance from Judd who succeeded where Neil Robertson failed: contain Ebdon and prevent to him to play his game! Awsome!
If Robertson isn't worried now I would be extremely surprised.

Robbo knows how to get the job done at the crucible he will show trump the same respect he shows any opponent but he wont be worried

:hatoff:

unlike you ;-)

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:Outstanding performance from Judd who succeeded where Neil Robertson failed: contain Ebdon and prevent to him to play his game! Awsome!
If Robertson isn't worried now I would be extremely surprised.

Robbo knows how to get the job done at the crucible he will show trump the same respect he shows any opponent but he wont be worried

unlike you ;-)

Trump hasnt a prayer of beating robbo

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:well played murphy good on you pal now hope your brother can do the same at the crucible in the first round ha

:boo:

<laugh>

Postby Casey

Higgins great run in ranking events comes to an end, if he was to lose in any event this would be the one he would want to go down in I guess?

Trump :win: Were did this come from? How close is he to the top 16?

Postby vodkadiet

Better for Higgins that he lost today. Law of averages says he couldn't have continued unbeaten through to the end of the season.

As for Trump, he has had his one good tournament of the season. It will be all downhill from here. :ski:

Robbo to beat him handily in Sheffield where Trump will implode amidst a smoke of hype. :shc:
Last edited by vodkadiet on 01 Apr 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:Better for Higgins that he lost today. Law of averages says he couldn't have continued unbeaten through to the end of the season.

As for Trump, he has had his one good tournament of the season. It will be all downhill from here. :ski:

Robbo to beat him handily in Sheffield where trump will :shc:

The voice of reason and common sense

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:Better for Higgins that he lost today. Law of averages says he couldn't have continued unbeaten through to the end of the season.

Robbo to beat him handily in Sheffield where Trump will implode amidst a smoke of hype. :shc:

:wave:

Postby Monique

If Higgins plays in Sheffield like he did here and Lee does the same, Higgins will be out in round 1. His record in Sheffield isn't that great. Over the last 7 years he's won it twice, true, but other than that he's never progressed past round 2. It's in round 1 that the seeds are the more vulnerable and he couldn't get tougher than Lee currently.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:If Higgins plays in Sheffield like he did here and Lee does the same, Higgins will be out in round 1. His record in Sheffield isn't that great. Over the last 7 years he's won it twice, true, but other than that he's never progressed past round 2. It's in round 1 that the seeds are the more vulnerable and he couldn't get tougher than Lee currently.

if it was a short match lee could win but cant see it in the longer fomat

there are 3 or 4 qualifiers who will win IMO but not lee

Postby onlyevertonjon

GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:If Higgins plays in Sheffield like he did here and Lee does the same, Higgins will be out in round 1. His record in Sheffield isn't that great. Over the last 7 years he's won it twice, true, but other than that he's never progressed past round 2. It's in round 1 that the seeds are the more vulnerable and he couldn't get tougher than Lee currently.

Who are your 3 or 4? Its for my 16 man acca. I had it as only 2.

Postby GJ

onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:

gould
stevens
bingham
campbell ??????????

Postby Monique

It's best of 19 played over 2 sessions in two consecutive days. So not that different from playing best of 9 / best of 11 in two consecutive days in "regular" tournament. Lee's lack of fitness will not be a big problem as such early stage. It might have been if the 2 sessions were on the same day but it's not the case.

Postby onlyevertonjon

I've only got Stevens actually after checking as the one I'm confident about.

I normally have about 20 £1 bets of the 16 men to win. If all the seeds win, and they are all shorter odds, then its something like £127/1, so anything with a non seed is better odds. Thats why I love this bet.

Higgins hasnt looked great this week.

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:
GJ wrote:

gould
stevens
bingham
campbell ??????????

Harold? King? Paggett? Hawkins? Dale? McLeod?

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Higgins great run in ranking events comes to an end, if he was to lose in any event this would be the one he would want to go down in I guess?

after this result he is no 15 pushing Mark Allen to 16th and Mark Davis out but by my reckoning to stay in the top 16 he needs to beat Murphy Tomorrow or beat Robbo at the Crucible both would do it neither wouldnt.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Higgins great run in ranking events comes to an end, if he was to lose in any event this would be the one he would want to go down in I guess?

after this result he is no 15 pushing Mark Allen to 16th and Mark Davis out but by my reckoning to stay in the top 16 he needs to beat Murphy Tomorrow or beat Robbo at the Crucible both would do it neither wouldnt.

oh dear lots of pressure on him tomorrow then as he wont beat robbo

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

So if he loses to Murphy and Robertson in his next two matches he's definitely not in the 16, or just a small chance ?

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:

A bit of extra pressure on Allen to win his first round match at the crucible then. He should do though :wave:

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:

A bit of extra pressure on Allen to win his first round match at the crucible then. He should do though :wave:

me v casey

me v casey and bourne

at crucible round 1 :hatoff: