Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:Selby wins 5-1 win and in to his 4th consecrative Ranking final this year with another century

semi final not final

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:Selby wins 5-1 win and in to his 4th consecrative Ranking final this year with another century

semi final not final

yes he needs to convert more

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Wild wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:14th semi final but just 1 win so far.

how many semis has murphy ?

Off the top of my head 13.

there was a time 2 years ago he seemed to get to every semi and reaching no final.

Postby Monique

Tubberlad wrote:Very impressive by the few frames I watched... I've always seen Selby as someone who plays not to lose rather than playing to win, well, he was really going gung ho there...

Selby is so much better when he plays positively! That's partly what angers me when watching him being overly negative and deliberately slow just to bog down his opponents game. More often than not he's ruining his own game in the process and it's not particularly nice to watch for the audience neither. He was impressive today.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Very impressive by the few frames I watched... I've always seen Selby as someone who plays not to lose rather than playing to win, well, he was really going gung ho there...

Selby is so much better when he plays positively! That's partly what angers me when watching him being overly negative and deliberately slow just to bog down his opponents game. More often than not he's ruining his own game in the process and it's not particularly nice to watch for the audience neither. He was impressive today.

Have to agree he does himself no favours playing so negative whether he will doing it for the whole of the worlds is a different story ;-)

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:

Have to agree he does himself no favours playing so negative whether he will doing it for the whole of the worlds is a different story ;-)

he needs to find a better balance on ocations this year hes put himself off by being negative.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:WILD

As i said before its no good getting to semi's as players are not remembered for them its about winning titles

:win:

more semis you reach better chance you got of winning titles

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:

As i said before its no good getting to semi's as players are not remembered for them its about winning titles

Thats because Robertson's only been in 8

not really matthew gets dismissed and he made lots of worlds semi's and 2 finals

:hatoff:

Titles are what matter :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

more semis you reach better chance you got of winning titles

yes comparing selby and robbo success ratio your spot on

rofl

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:Selby reminds me a bit of Stevens to be honest in that he's not converting consistent good runs into tournament wins...

good comparision