Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Ronnie aplogises to fans;

Ronnie O'Sullivan apologised to Chinese snooker fans after he fell to a 5-2 defeat against Ryan Day in the first round of the China Open.

Three-time World Champion O'Sullivan has now not won a televised ranking match since September 2010 and has lost in the opening phase of the last four tournaments he has played in.

"I'm really disappointed with myself," said a dejected O'Sullivan. "I know I get such great support from the Chinese snooker fans but I feel I've let them down now and in the last two or three years when I've not performed here.

"This year and last year have been the worst as I've not played well. I feel sad for them and it would be nice to play well and to a good standard as they deserve it, but when it's not there, it's not there. There are no excuses, I'm just not playing well and just not producing."

The Bank of Beijing 2011 World Snooker China Open takes place at the Beijing Students University Stadium and a large crowd witnessed the clash.

O'Sullivan's last victory in a televised ranking event was his semi-final success against Peter Ebdon in the World Open in September.

Since then he has lost in the first round of the UK Championships, the Masters, the Welsh Open and now the China Open, while injury forced him out of the German Masters in February.

"My form isn't great, there's nothing I can do about it but keep trying," added O'Sullivan, who has now fallen to tenth in the world rankings.

"I can't put my finger on why but it's very frustrating and certainly no fun for me. I don't know how much more I can take playing like that.

"I've said I would retire before but haven't so I don't want to look silly but I can't continue to keep playing that way. I'm not going to say I'm retiring but you never know, it's not looking good.

"I plan on going home tomorrow, I need to get home and see my family and just get ready for Sheffield as that's just around the corner.

"You have to congratulate Ryan on his victory. He's had a good season and you have to give him credit for playing a good game."

Welshman Day, the world number 23, was delighted to claim a victory and now faces Stephen Lee in the second round on Thursday.

"I'm pleased to have won, but it wasn't a good game and I got quite fortunate on a few occasions," said Day. "Not only after I missed a shot, but also when I had a couple of cannons. But you have to accept that and make the most of it, which I'm happy I did.

"Before I played Ronnie in the Welsh I hadn't beaten him but that's twice on the spin now. To beat Ronnie at any time, at any place, is always good and he always comes to most tournaments as being the man to beat.

"It's nice to have beaten him but it's just the first round and there's a long way left in the tournament.

"Ronnie is still intimidating to play against because he hits the ball so sweetly and is probably one of the best players ever. He hasn't had the results this season but is still such a good player and a danger for anyone at any tournament.

"I've played Stephen Lee two or three times and he's beaten me and I've beaten him. He obviously played very well to beat my friend Mark Williams, who played a good match himself, so I know I'll have to play well to beat Stephen."

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:GJ

did u like that safety :chin:

i dont mind it mate but doing it against a safety master like ebdon is a bad plan IMO

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:GJ

did u like that safety :chin:

i dont mind it mate but doing it against a safety master like ebdon is a bad plan IMO

biggest problem with ebdon isn't his brilliant safeties its the negative shot selection just to grind you down or the attacking shot when you dont expect it.