Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discuss

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:if Robbo can win another 4 Ranking titles even the most die hard Jimmy fans cant deny Robbo has overtaken Jimmy in the pecking order of greatness.

witz <laugh> rofl

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:GJ's right, with so many tournaments on the calendar, the smart players prioritise now.

absalute tosh <doh>

only losers think like that.

Only losers want to win the big events ... that's why we love you wild, you're always good value :idea:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:GJ's right, with so many tournaments on the calendar, the smart players prioritise now.

absalute tosh <doh>

Only losers want to win the big events ... that's why we love you wild, you're always good value :idea:

good old wild <laugh> :wave: rofl

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

absalute tosh <doh>

ok lets think a player priorities and prepares for the Worlds and hes rubbish all season loosing to Trump even then come the WC he loses first Round how will that player be regarder a bucking Great <doh>

You cant put all your eggs in to 1 basket

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

ah so Hendry must be due to win the World Championship without dropping a frame then rofl

hes over the hill were talking about top players :afro:

Postby Bourne

And if he wins, he's made the right decision <ok> You'd be an absolute numbskull to go to China after a long season and try every sinue of your heart out there and then expect to peak in the Worlds too a couple of weeks later. Maybe in the past with 6/7 tournaments a year, but not now. The players will adapt eventually but there's not a hope in hell a player will do the China/Worlds double and you can quote me on that.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

ah so Hendry must be due to win the World Championship without dropping a frame then rofl

Who is Hendry ? :wave:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:And if he wins, he's made the right decision <ok> You'd be an absolute numbskull to go to China after a long season and try every sinue of your heart out there and then expect to peak in the Worlds too a couple of weeks later. Maybe in the past with 6/7 tournaments a year, but not now. The players will adapt eventually but there's not a hope in hell a player will do the China/Worlds double and you can quote me on that.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Postby Wildey

if Robbo wins the china open and loses first or second round at the crucible he can look back on a fantastic season as the World Champion winning his 6th and 7th Ranker.

if he loses 1st or 2nd round at the crucible knowing he could have put more in to china he will feel like a sausage head.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:And if he wins, he's made the right decision <ok> You'd be an absolute numbskull to go to China after a long season and try every sinue of your heart out there and then expect to peak in the Worlds too a couple of weeks later. Maybe in the past with 6/7 tournaments a year, but not now. The players will adapt eventually but there's not a hope in hell a player will do the China/Worlds double and you can quote me on that.

you can not prepere you idiot ffs theres 31 other players in the same bloody boat only 1 can win it <doh>

if you give up a chance of any trophy on the off chance of winning the worlds youre a complete tit.

Postby Wildey

if i saved up every post last year when ronnie bommed against Tian that said he would now go on to win the WC i think me memory in this computer would explode.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:if i saved up every post last year when ronnie bommed against Tian that said he would now go on to win the WC i think me memory in this computer would explode.

robbo is different and you know fine well he never does well in china :redneck:

Postby Witz78

If players arent 100% committed in China then their integrity is in question and Hearn should get his old mucker PC Plod off the WSA board to investigate.

If players aint fussed about winning in China then dont go and waste your time and the Chinese fans time either

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:if i saved up every post last year when ronnie bommed against Tian that said he would now go on to win the WC i think me memory in this computer would explode.

robbo is different and you know fine well he never does well in china :redneck:

point is mate players cant pick and choose when they play well and if they throw a chance away so they prepare for the WC it could be their last chance for 2 or 3 years who knows.

its fast approaching 2 years since Ronnies last title of note.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:he seems to struggle in china events

Tables are slower in china due to humidity some players will struggle with that but players best prep for the WC is win matches or try your best every match nothing beats matchplay to prepare.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:if Robbo can win another 4 Ranking titles even the most die hard Jimmy fans cant deny Robbo has overtaken Jimmy in the pecking order of greatness.

witz <laugh> rofl

Robbo will NEVER be as big a snooker legend and icon as Jimmy whatever he does

Postby Bourne

Players are under obligation to travel and play out their scheduled matches there, though obviously not everyone fulfills those obligations. But that's not the point, i'm not saying Robbo will go there to try and lose, i'm saying he's already preparing mentally for Sheffield and China coming where it is in the calendar is more a hinderance than a help, and while some will be trying their wee hearts out till they bleed in China, others will be conserving energy for one final, more important sprint in late-April <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

witz <laugh> rofl

dont want him remembered as a bottling old choker

jimmy can keep that title

:afro:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

witz <laugh> rofl

dont want him remembered as a bottling old choker

jimmy can keep that title

:afro:

THE PEOPLES CHAMPION IS HIS TITLE <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

I'm fairly drank up here, but Jimmy White was desperately unlucky to have his career conciding with that of the gratest player to ever pick up a cue by some distance <ok>

Robertson is a very good player ad I like the guy but I think he has qite a bit to do yet to be considerd as good as the legend that is Jimmy White <ok>

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I'm fairly drank up here, but Jimmy White was desperately unlucky to have his career conciding with that of the gratest player to ever pick up a cue by some distance <ok>

Robertson is a very good player ad I like the guy but I think he has qite a bit to do yet to be considerd as good as the legend that is Jimmy White <ok>

only win 4 ranking titles and he has overtaken him theres to much sentimental claptrap involved when talking about jimmy white...

that what i like about witz he goes on about the 90s was a weak era and yet jimmy failed to win the big one and yet he thinks hes better than Robbo,Dott,Murphy who has done it in the last 6 years.

witz could make contradiction a Olympic sport <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

this is a final warm up for the big one

You = <doh>

And more importantly, if Neil Robertson thinks this way he = <doh>

Are you thinking that Neil Robertson looks at the China Open and goes; "buck it, I aint going to try to win matches in this tournament, as it's not as important as the worlds."

The Bahrain Championship isn't as "important" as the Worlds. Neither is the Grand Prix/World Opend that Robertson has won. If the Australian fixes his attention on one tournament per year, he doesn't deserve the attention you give him,