Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discuss

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:http://betting.betfair.com/betting/snooker/snooker-china-open-betting-time-to-make-his-mark-260311.html

dave hendon well said

paragraph 2

Hendon lives in the real world <ok>

Have you read your analysis of Judd Trump matches? Are you in the real world?

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:http://betting.betfair.com/betting/snooker/snooker-china-open-betting-time-to-make-his-mark-260311.html

dave hendon well said

paragraph 2

Hendon lives in the real world <ok>

Have you read your analysis of Judd Trump matches? Are you in the real world?

Yes and yes.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:ONLY 11 HOURS TILL THE DEADLINE FOR THE 2011 CHINA OPEN PREDICTIONS CONTEST. GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!!!

People were scared when they saw my predictions. <ok>

Is that why another 13 people entered :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:ONLY 11 HOURS TILL THE DEADLINE FOR THE 2011 CHINA OPEN PREDICTIONS CONTEST. GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!!!

People were scared when they saw my predictions. <ok>

Is that why another 13 people entered :redneck:

Unlucky for them.

Postby Wildey

dave hendon well said

paragraph 2

with respect to Dave

thats why he talks about snooker and they go out there to play it ....

if i was a player i would want to go out there and put :bird: up to people and win the china and the world and not just settle for the worlds that where class comes in to it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:And if it was that easy, players would be doing it every year, but it hardly ever happens rofl

it hardly ever happens that players that lose in china goes on to win the worlds either.

this week there will be 31 losers in china with 16 in the first round only 1 of them has a hope of being WC.

Postby Roland

The China Open is a completely different test to the World Championships - that's why there's no link between winning in China and doing well at the Crucible. The two events are certainly far enough apart to make the exhaustion factor a myth.

Postby jojo

i remember the days when they had a ranking tournament finish just six days before the start of the world championships which i always disagreed with i think i two week gap between the final and start of the worlds or thirteen days to be precise is much better

i think players will try their hardest winning breeds confidence and winning and i can assure those players who not sure of their top sixteen status will be trying their very hardest to win as many ranking points as possible

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:The China Open is a completely different test to the World Championships - that's why there's no link between winning in China and doing well at the Crucible. The two events are certainly far enough apart to make the exhaustion factor a myth.

In the past, yes. But now with 18+ tournaments already gone in the season, players are already tired. The smart ones will conserve energy in China as best they can, i'm not saying no-one wants to win China because the likes of say Allen and Trump for instance could really do with a tournament win, but the big boys have to play this clever.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Sonny wrote:The China Open is a completely different test to the World Championships - that's why there's no link between winning in China and doing well at the Crucible. The two events are certainly far enough apart to make the exhaustion factor a myth.

In the past, yes. But now with 18+ tournaments already gone in the season, players are already tired. The smart ones will conserve energy in China as best they can, i'm not saying no-one wants to win China because the likes of say Allen and Trump for instance could really do with a tournament win, but the big boys have to play this clever.

yes but in thoes 18 tournaments the china open is about 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

Postby jojo

bourne i think the tired factor in snooker is bullocks just a few short years ago players were crying out for more events as there were something like only six ranking events per season now it would be hypocritical

i can understand if the china open and worlds were only a week apart from each other but they have a whole fortnight to recover some will have even more

Postby Wildey

Bourne

explain to me one thing whats clever in winning neither event ?

wouldnt it be better winning china then if you lose in the world the Body Blow wont be as seviere.

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:bourne i think the tired factor in snooker is tezzies just a few short years ago players were crying out for more events as there were something like only six ranking events per season now it would be hypocritical

i can understand if the china open and worlds were only a week apart from each other but they have a whole fortnight to recover some will have even more

It's too close at the moment, there should be a much longer gap. But this year is a transitional one given how much the calendar is changing, for the better I may add, but I think this tournament should be held further back in Feb or early March and have the PTC Finals as the penultimate event.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
jojo wrote:bourne i think the tired factor in snooker is tezzies just a few short years ago players were crying out for more events as there were something like only six ranking events per season now it would be hypocritical

It's too close at the moment, there should be a much longer gap. But this year is a transitional one given how much the calendar is changing, for the better I may add, but I think this tournament should be held further back in Feb or early March and have the PTC Finals as the penultimate event.

NOW THEN

i have to agree with that <ok>

reason is because im fed up year after year after year having one of snookers Real Majors described as a Warm up.

Postby Bourne

There are a lot of good things they could do with this tournament, lengthen it, more ranking points, further from the Worlds, get rid of the wildcard round ... it's got so much potential at the minute but needs to be allowed to blossom into the 4th biggest tournament because at the moment it's just one of the 'others' to me.

Postby jojo

yes in an ideal world i would say have a ptc instead of the china open before the worlds preferrably in the uk but i dont think its too much of a deal to be honest im not complaining with the amount of tournaments there are compared to a few years ago

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:There are a lot of good things they could do with this tournament, lengthen it, more ranking points, further from the Worlds, get rid of the wildcard round ... it's got so much potential at the minute but needs to be allowed to blossom into the 4th biggest tournament because at the moment it's just one of the 'others' to me.

spot on...

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:There are a lot of good things they could do with this tournament, lengthen it, more ranking points, further from the Worlds, get rid of the wildcard round ... it's got so much potential at the minute but needs to be allowed to blossom into the 4th biggest tournament because at the moment it's just one of the 'others' to me.

spot on...

yes

i think the wildcard round distracts from the event.

China dont need it no more what they want is the ever growing players get there as of right..

this year only ding there thats disapointing.