Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discuss

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

this is a final warm up for the big one

You = <doh>

And more importantly, if Neil Robertson thinks this way he = <doh>

Are you thinking that Neil Robertson looks at the China Open and goes; "buck it, I aint going to try to win matches in this tournament, as it's not as important as the worlds."

The Bahrain Championship isn't as "important" as the Worlds. Neither is the Grand Prix/World Opend that Robertson has won. If the Australian fixes his attention on one tournament per year, he doesn't deserve the attention you give him,

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:its all about the worlds now mate he won the world open and has taken the events seriously

this is a final warm up for the big one

You = <doh>

And more importantly, if Neil Robertson thinks this way he = <doh>

Are you thinking that Neil Robertson looks at the China Open and goes; "buck it, I aint going to try to win matches in this tournament, as it's not as important as the worlds."

The Bahrain Championship isn't as "important" as the Worlds. Neither is the Grand Prix/World Opend that Robertson has won. If the Australian fixes his attention on one tournament per year, he doesn't deserve the attention you give him,

Loving the bad punctuation, and lack of question marks. Considering I'd been in the pub all day, that paragraph was pretty well constructed.

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Players are under obligation to travel and play out their scheduled matches there, though obviously not everyone fulfills those obligations. But that's not the point, i'm not saying Robbo will go there to try and lose, i'm saying he's already preparing mentally for Sheffield and China coming where it is in the calendar is more a hinderance than a help, and while some will be trying their wee hearts out till they bleed in China, others will be conserving energy for one final, more important sprint in late-April <ok>

Utter tosh <ok>

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Bourne wrote:Players are under obligation to travel and play out their scheduled matches there, though obviously not everyone fulfills those obligations. But that's not the point, i'm not saying Robbo will go there to try and lose, i'm saying he's already preparing mentally for Sheffield and China coming where it is in the calendar is more a hinderance than a help, and while some will be trying their wee hearts out till they bleed in China, others will be conserving energy for one final, more important sprint in late-April <ok>

Utter tosh <ok>

players who prioritise hata :wild2:

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:

Utter tosh <ok>

players who prioritise hata :wild2:

Its just crap. If he does well its the best prep possible, if he loses early its the best prep possible...........work that out.

All this crap about prioritising is non-sense, they dont work 40 hours a week, up at 6.30 am .........................they hit snooker balls for a living. Its not hard graft - its bucking snooker. No one player can dominate this era cos no one player is utterly dominant. Perhaps cos no one player is single minded enough or dedicated enough. FACT :idea:

Postby Wildey

theres just no guarantee you going to win the WC what if every player in the WC thinks like that christ Kurt Mafflin could be China Open Champion and Robbo losing first round in sheffield feeling like a twank <ok>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:theres just no guarantee you going to win the WC what if every player in the WC thinks like that christ Kurt Mafflin could be China Open Champion and Robbo losing first round in sheffield feeling like a twank <ok>

from thursday

Off to China today. Practiced really well for this tournament so hopefully get a good result out there leading into the worlds.

wild

:bs: <laugh> :wave:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:theres just no guarantee you going to win the WC what if every player in the WC thinks like that christ Kurt Mafflin could be China Open Champion and Robbo losing first round in sheffield feeling like a twank <ok>

from thursday

Off to China today. Practiced really well for this tournament so hopefully get a good result out there leading into the worlds.

wild

exactly

Robbo knows best prep for the WC is win in china his fans and suporters not quite grasp on to that though.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Sorry wild, but we're living in the real world :idea:

It's got nothing to do with the real world. The snooker players that are successful all hate losing. Look at Hendry. After winning so much, he still hated when he lost.

Nobody is saying that China has as much prestige as The World Championship, but when the players are out their and competing, they wanting to win. It's the nature of a competitive player, they want to win every match whether it be China, Sheffield or wherever else.

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:from thursday

wild

What part of that suggests he doesn't want to win China? That proves the opposite. It proves Wild's point more then anything. Wild was the one saying he'll want to win the China Open to take that form into Sheffield, and you've just proved him right.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Sorry wild, but we're living in the real world :idea:

the real world is win as much as you can when the chance come along and never think ill save some form back for the worlds......

winning in china if anything would releve the pressure on the worlds..and not going there with october being the last great tournament in robbos case.

Postby SnookerFan

I would be surprised if any of the top players went into a ranking event with this attitude, to be honest. I know Barry Hearn has introduced a lot more tournaments so in a few years, but I don't foresee that there is going to be much give for picking and choosing which tournaments to enter, especially when you see the other thing Barry Hearn has brought in. The rolling rankings. Are players really going to be able to be blase about which tournaments they play well in, knowing that one bad tournament could have a big effect on their rankings? A person in the top-16 isn't there because they think these smaller ranking events aren't very important.

Besides, as Wild says earlier, how can you pick and choose when form appears? You can't. Let's go back to living in the real world shall we? Do you seriously think that snake hissing about in the China Open, and treating it like an exhibition is going to help your form going into the Worlds? Or, is there something in the real world that I don't know about that means you can turn your form on at will, and nobody is going to do it in China?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 27 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:http://betting.betfair.com/betting/snooker/snooker-china-open-betting-time-to-make-his-mark-260311.html

dave hendon well said

paragraph 2

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

HENDON :afro:

wild and smart :tvrky: <laugh>

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:http://betting.betfair.com/betting/snooker/snooker-china-open-betting-time-to-make-his-mark-260311.html

dave hendon well said

paragraph 2

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

HENDON :afro:

wild and smart :tvrky: <laugh>

So they are all going there hoping for an early exit, yeah right course they are <laugh> :wave: