Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open W C and Last 32 Round Discuss

Postby Monique

It's too close to the World because it's in China, not down the corner, with a huge time difference that players have to cope with twice in a short time frame, it's a lot of promotional work expected from the top guys. And it's a ranking event with significant amount of points: the event should get the players full attention while now inevitably many have their mind in Sheffield already.
This event used to happen in the winter years ago and for me that was a much better timing.
And don't come about "tennis players cope with time difference and blah, blah, blah ... ", tennis is a much more physical sport and for anyone having experienced huge time difference regularly they will know it's much easier to keep your attention alert when active. Snooker is mentally demanding and tiredness hits most when kept in the seat! And top tennis players have full medical support around them that I'm sure comes to help if needed.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:It's too close to the World because it's in China, not down the corner, with a huge time difference that players have to cope with twice in a short time frame, it's a lot of promotional work expected from the top guys. And it's a ranking event with significant amount of points: the event should get the players full attention while now inevitably many have their mind in Sheffield already.
This event used to happen in the winter years ago and for me that was a much better timing.
And don't come about "tennis players cope with time difference and blah, blah, blah ... ", tennis is a much more physical sport and for anyone having experienced huge time difference regularly they will know it's much easier to keep your attention alert when active. Snooker is mentally demanding and tiredness hits most when kept in the seat! And top tennis players have full medical support around them that I'm sure comes to help if needed.

i do agree with that...

there could be a case of loading up just before the WC With PTC Finals,shootout etc and give the China Open a spot before the WC Qualifiers so that playing at the crucible seems a long way off.

Postby Wildey

heres another example in qualifying Maflin was flying beat Lisowski in the match of the qualifiers then hammered tough match players Harold and King but its just not happening today.

Postby Wildey

Scores

Stephen Hendry 5-0 Matthew Stevens
Kurt Maflin 5-3 Cao Yupeng
Marcus Campbell 3-2 Mei Xiwen
Joe Perry 5-2 Li Yan

Maflin has found some form in the last 2 frames.

Postby PLtheRef

What needs bearing in mind is that the tournament played the week before the crucible got underway was the Regal Scottish, and the Players Championships, which obviously are played under the same time zone - orginally the last ranker before the WC was played at the start of March, and thus the build up to Sheffied was the Irish Masters, the World Cup and the national events

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:What needs bearing in mind is that the tournament played the week before the crucible got underway was the Regal Scottish, and the Players Championships, which obviously are played under the same time zone - orginally the last ranker before the WC was played at the start of March, and thus the build up to Sheffied was the Irish Masters, the World Cup and the national events

yes the Irish Masters was for a long time the last event before sheffield...

Alex Higgins won the Irish Masters in 1989 beating Stephen Hendry in the final then next Day he was in Blackpool playing the Final Qualifying Round for the World Championship against Darren Morgan and lost 10-8.

and to be fair to Alex he never played that tired bullocks card he just took it on the chin.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:What an amateurish mistake from Jimmy. Disappointed in you Jim. Get yourself some proper management.

it was a mistake however this visa cobblers needs a shake up.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

PLtheRef wrote:orginally the last ranker before the WC was played at the start of March, and thus the build up to Sheffied was the Irish Masters, the World Cup and the national events

That makes a lot more sense. All the other ranking events should be finished before the World Qualifiers start.

Postby GJ

good luck robbo

nice tank stevens and decent of him as its the only way hendo can win these days by his opponent tanking

Postby Bourne

Matthew Stevens
Lost to a very impressive Hendry 5-0, it is not all bad though, I get to go home at last and start my Crucible preparation. See you all in Sheffield :)
2 hours ago

Nuff said I think !

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Matthew Stevens
Lost to a very impressive Hendry 5-0, it is not all bad though, I get to go home at last and start my Crucible preparation. See you all in Sheffield :)
2 hours ago

Nuff said I think !

:afro: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:good luck robbo

nice tank stevens and decent of him as its the only way hendo can win these days by his opponent tanking

buck OFF YOU bucking hammer

im just fed uo of this bucking bullocks rubbish as if bucking stevens would go to bastard bucking china not to grunting bastard bucking try....

im getting really bucking angry with on line runts

Postby Wildey

2 hours ago

Nuff said I think !

I HOPE MARK ALLEN STUFFS THE banker THERE ASWELL

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
2 hours ago

Nuff said I think !

I HOPE MARK ALLEN STUFFS THE banker THERE ASWELL

same with perry hope he knock the old goat out of the top 16

:afro:

Postby Monique

GJ I'm sure this match was important to Stevens. Everything that would cement his spot in top 16 will be.
Now when coming on twitter - or even in his own mind - trying to be positive rather to dwell into misery over the defeat, that's clearly the best way to try and cope with the disappointment and regroup for the next all important tournament.
Hendry this morning was far better than I have seen him in a long time - he managed to sustain his standard over the match while recently he only could do that in short spells. Stevens was just not there, never got going and did look shattered.

Postby GJ

stevens has had lots of match practice 12 straight days you plank

robbo and hendo havnt played that much so need a few matches this week

shot barry

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:just remember guys and gals if Robbo wins this week it will meen poo <ok>

It will mean another ranking title, another massive bunch of points and money and prestige :idea:

no its only practice for the worlds nothing more so winning it would not be a good move and just make him knackered ready for the World Excuses