Re: Stephen Hendry vs Matthew Stevens

Postby Wildey

:ahh: :john: :afro: :afro

excuses excuses excuses from kostas <ok>

but im never ever ever wrong and people just to thick to understand that

Hendry 5-0 Stevens

Postby kostasmad

5-0 Hendry and Stevens scored only 8 points!!! Hendry did play well but Stevens had chances...He was missing everything and looked out of sorts...Good luck to Stephen

Postby Wildey

Black2white wrote:Stevens out of sorts today but Hendo hitting them balls well
well done Stephen :D

bullocks the only difference from last week was this was in a big auditorium where last week it was played in qualifying conditions which suited Stevens to a tee.

Postby Black2white

Wild wrote:balls the only difference from last week was this was in a big auditorium where last week it was played in qualifying conditions which suited Stevens to a tee.

but didn't Stevens do well in Dublin playing in front of a big audience?

Postby Wildey

Black2white wrote:
Wild wrote:balls the only difference from last week was this was in a big auditorium where last week it was played in qualifying conditions which suited Stevens to a tee.

but didn't Stevens do well in Dublin playing in front of a big audience?

no disrespect to Gerard Greene,Dominic Dale (who played rubbish) and Marcus Campbell when Hendry plays well hes in a different universe to them.

Postby Black2white

Wild wrote:just accept it i know what im talking about :john:

<laugh> oh OK Wild

really looking at it not the toughest draw by any means :redneck: but still Stevens played quality snooker that week and 2 years ago he prob wouldn't even beat Greene :ashamed: clearly PTCs worked in his favour

Postby Wildey

TBH i did know stevens wouldnt be easy but i also know Hendry actual performances lately has been far better than its been since about 2006/2007 so i knew Matthew would be in a match a tough match but 5-0 was a dream.

Postby Black2white

the only problem with Stephen's game now is the lack of confidence imo
he plays brill one frame then he falls in to pieces in the next one
who knows maybe this win will give Hendry this needed confidence :idea:

Postby sundaygirl

Congratulations Wild
I slept through it, doesn't seem like I missed much. I thought it would be close with Hendry fighting for his top 16 place and had he been playing anyone other than Matthew I would have been with you cheering on Stephen :love:

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:Congratulations Wild
I slept through it, doesn't seem like I missed much. I thought it would be close with Hendry fighting for his top 16 place and had he been playing anyone other than Matthew I would have been with you cheering on Stephen :love:

the fact stephen is under pressure for his top 16 place is a positive to his performances.....hes always played better under pressure thats why he lost to people like Tai Pitchit during his prime there was no pressure on that match.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:

the fact stephen is under pressure for his top 16 place is a positive to his performances.....hes always played better under pressure thats why he lost to people like Tai Pitchit during his prime there was no pressure on that match.

I agree, there's been a few times where Stephen's been under the cosh in terms for places and has pulled out the performance, take more recently the 2008 and 2009 showings at the Crucible where Stephen came from nowhere to go far in the tournament. The threat of losing a position he has had for 23 years is now beginning to weigh firmly upon him, and that can only be a good thing.

Still, regardless of the situation, Stephen will give it everything

Postby Wildey

Wild wrote:
kostasmad wrote:honestly he can get the visa or not? I really hope he does cause he is on form...Hendry is probably praying not to be there on time...

I took the visa for china in 1 day but i paid something extra....visa express that is

Hendry will hope hes there i hope hes there i love nothing better that stuffing form players not much fun beating Mugs <ok>

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:
kostasmad wrote:"Looks like I am in The Premier League Snooker then :) can not complain at that, thank you to everybody for the messages of support, it really does help. Manchester to get my visa in the morning then onto China"

Stevens facebook page....

a previes of Stevens Facebook Page Monday.

"rubbish got stuffed by Hendry never mind onwards to Sheffield" then some massive excuse of being Knackered Cobblers <laugh>

rofl rofl rofl

You are brilliant Wild <laugh> that's going in the pile

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:Matthew Stevens is the Welshman in the Final...Beating Williams 3-1

God im loving this Stevens Form Hendry wont need motivation to send him Packing in China.

rofl :wave:

Wild wrote:i sugest you dont come on here on monday you will be laughing the other side of ur face <ok>

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:i sugest you dont come on here on monday you will be laughing the other side of ur face <ok>

And the front, and both sides of my face ... at you ! :wild2: :farmer:

that will just never ever happen rofl rofl rofl

what a idiot you are just never ever learns no matter how often you look stupid.

9 POINTS LATER OFF HE GOES TO THE AIRPORT <ok>

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
Wild wrote:

I agree, there's been a few times where Stephen's been under the cosh in terms for places and has pulled out the performance, take more recently the 2008 and 2009 showings at the Crucible where Stephen came from nowhere to go far in the tournament. The threat of losing a position he has had for 23 years is now beginning to weigh firmly upon him, and that can only be a good thing.

Still, regardless of the situation, Stephen will give it everything

YES had he lost first round against Allen in 2008 he would be out of the top 16 had results gone against him that was a must win match then he made the semis.

Postby gallantrabbit

Looks like Hendry scored well. 'Bout time too, he shouldn't be in this situation.
However I think it's fantastic that Stevns is played out. 2 seasons ago a snooker player could NEVER raise the accusation of being burnt out. Now these boys are playing serious amounts of snooker and it's FANTASTIC.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:How can someone get so lucky so often ?

not lucky just understanding the game <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

He'd lost it when he did so well in the CL, fatigue clearly an issue today which Hendo was able to take advantage of <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

He'd lost it when he did so well in the CL, fatigue clearly an issue today which Hendo was able to take advantage of <ok>

excuses real players never complain of tierdness.

winning is the drug that should keep real players awake..

Hendry in the 90s went from country to country winning 4 ranking tournaments on the spin in about a month and his level of performance never dropped thats class todays players should learn from him.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Has Hendo been asleep for the past few years then ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:not lucky just understanding the game <ok>

Has Hendo been asleep for the past few years then ?

in a word yes priorities changed and he got complacent he made the mistake in thinking he would never lose it.

Postby Monique

I'm sorry Wild but I think you don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever had to cope with jetlag? I might be wrong but I never was under the impression that you are a big traveler. Some persons cope well, I'm one, obviously Hendry is one, so are Day and Mark Williams for what I've seen. We are lucky. Others struggle. I don't know for Stevens, but I do know that Robertson, Selby, Carter come into that category. And others sometimes cope well and sometimes not at all, without any obvious explanation for it: Bingham, Ronnie are in this box.
When you are really jetlagged you just can't keep your concentration and that in snooker is dooming. The best remedy is "moving", go for a walk, breath some fresh air. But that's hardly an option in the middle of a match!

Postby Wildey

but im pleased for matthew that hes back in the top 16 he should have never dropped out so fast from being WN 4 he dropped out in 2 seasons.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I'm sorry Wild but I think you don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever had to cope with jetlag? I might be wrong but I never was under the impression that you are a big traveler. Some persons cope well, I'm one, obviously Hendry is one, so are Day and Mark Williams for what I've seen. We are lucky. Others struggle. I don't know for Stevens, but I do know that Robertson, Selby, Carter come into that category. And others sometimes cope well and sometimes not at all, without any obvious explanation for it: Bingham, Ronnie are in this box.
When you are really jetlagged you just can't keep your concentration and that in snooker is dooming. The best remedy is "moving", go for a walk, breath some fresh air. But that's hardly an option in the middle of a match!

Hendry dealt with it without no problem in the 90s its a pathetic crappy excuse for rubbish players END OF.

Postby Wildey

IM SORRY i do understand how people cope differently

but im bucking snake hissed off with all these bastard excuses from bastard tips to bucking tired its just bucking bullocks.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:I'm sorry Wild but I think you don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever had to cope with jetlag? I might be wrong but I never was under the impression that you are a big traveler. Some persons cope well, I'm one, obviously Hendry is one, so are Day and Mark Williams for what I've seen. We are lucky. Others struggle. I don't know for Stevens, but I do know that Robertson, Selby, Carter come into that category. And others sometimes cope well and sometimes not at all, without any obvious explanation for it: Bingham, Ronnie are in this box.

Hendry dealt with it without no problem in the 90s its a pathetic crappy excuse for poo players END OF.

No it isn't Wild. And there is no reason to get excited again. Hendry copes well with it and good for him. That and his motivation and dedication worked miracles in the past and did again this morning. One can only applaud him for that.
But it does not make the difficulties that others might face "pathetic excuses". Jetlag is a reality and it can be a very hard one to cope with as you would know if you ever had experienced it. Now regarding Matthew in particular, he looked very tired and flat. It could be jetlag, or it could be partially jetlag combined with a kind of anti-climax after qualifying for the WC the hard way and winning the CLS just before this.
Whatever it was it does not take anything from Hendry's performance. But you have no right to say it isn't real and it's only excuses from "poo" players. And you know that I'm NOT a big Stevens fan.

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild is entitled to enjoy Hendry's victory but of course how much snooker Matthew has played compared to Hendry and the travelling is a factor. But by Hendry's next match everyone will have forgotten that. Whatever the resons Hendry won 5zip, scored heavy and Matthew scored 9...

Postby vodkadiet

Not sure about all this jetlag nonsense, but one thing is for sure...

"Never in the field of green baize conflict, has a player travelled so far, for so long, to score so few points."

Stevens should have pulled the Jimmy trick, and said he couldn't get a visa! <laugh>

Postby Roland

Oh dear, poor Matthew. Obviously the Championship league win and the visa chase and playing on day 1 has seen to him. No way Hendry would whitewash the Stevens I watched a couple of weeks ago. Hendry is usually Stevens puppet.