Topic locked

Re: Ronnie to miss China Open according to latest rumours

Postby jojo

if he doesnt go he doesnt go in a way ill be rooting for dominic dale at the crucible simply to call ronnies bluff

maybe dropping out the top 16 may motivate him and ignite his passion for the game and that wont be a bad thing after all he always saying he fed up with the game cant be bothered snooker boring this that and the other so lets see how serious he is one way or another if he drop out the elite

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:if he doesnt go he doesnt go in a way ill be rooting for dominic dale at the crucible simply to call ronnies bluff

maybe dropping out the top 16 may motivate him and ignite his passion for the game and that wont be a bad thing after all he always saying he fed up with the game cant be bothered snooker boring this that and the other so lets see how serious he is one way or another if he drop out the elite

I just don't see Ronnie turning up into little cubicles to try to qualify. His passion is entertaining fans (as long as they don't live too far away), his passion isn't for his snooker career. Dropping out of the top-16 is as good as retirement for him. You're more likely to see him go off and play exhobitions, then you are seeing him geared up for qualifying.

Postby Monique

according to this source http://www.worldlingo.com/SiLVb2DaMEWyY ... trglang=fr

Lingo translation

O'sullivan this season has absented Shanghai master the match, German master the match and several stands the PTC competition.But in before this season, O'sullivan also once absented the Chinese public competition, therefore “O'sullivan came not to participate?”Is always the matter which many fans most cared about, today this is anxious finally makes known,O'sullivan informs TOP147 through its broker company, O'sullivan had determined will attend this Chinese public competition.

Reporter understood to the ticket clerk company, although O'sullivan participates the news only then obtains the confirmation today, but before this O'sullivan's ball ticket completely was already out of stock, the fan who purchased the ball ticket may appreciate in March 30 to O'sullivan's competition.

So it seems he will be there... fingers crossed. ;)

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:according to this source http://www.worldlingo.com/SiLVb2DaMEWyY ... trglang=fr

Lingo translation

O'sullivan this season has absented Shanghai master the match, German master the match and several stands the PTC competition.But in before this season, O'sullivan also once absented the Chinese public competition, therefore “O'sullivan came not to participate?”Is always the matter which many fans most cared about, today this is anxious finally makes known,O'sullivan informs TOP147 through its broker company, O'sullivan had determined will attend this Chinese public competition.

Reporter understood to the ticket clerk company, although O'sullivan participates the news only then obtains the confirmation today, but before this O'sullivan's ball ticket completely was already out of stock, the fan who purchased the ball ticket may appreciate in March 30 to O'sullivan's competition.

Nice translation. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:automatic translation is far from perfect and at times hilarious. I remember translating T.S Eliott poetry to French just for fun... and fun it was!

It's better then my Chinese mind. <laugh>

I expect them sites translate things literally right? Rather then translate it the way people say it in the language they are translating to. Like in German, when you say "Ich habe durst" you are actually saying; "I have thirst", rather then "I am thirsty." <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:according to this source http://www.worldlingo.com/SiLVb2DaMEWyY ... trglang=fr

Lingo translation

to be honest i will believe it when i see him on TV With a cue in his hand.........and by the end of the match god knows what he will have in his hand at the press conference <laugh>

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

Lingo translation

to be honest i will believe it when i see him on TV With a cue in his hand.........and by the end of the match god knows what he will have in his hand at the press conference <laugh>

his cue ;)

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

If he did drop out of the Top 16 he'd only have to go to a couple more PTC events and he could get himself back. I can't see him ever playing qualifiers again.

Bourne wrote:Witz's last rumour was that Dennis Taylor had died :grrr:

He did.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2010 ... ies-at-56/

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah, you don't want to listen to these rumours. I heard a rumour a few weeks back that Ronnie O'Sullivan was trying to talk Jimmy White to pull out of the China Open, so they could play in an exhibition.

Like White would ever no-show China..... Hey, wait a minute.

<laugh>

Postby Monique

Grove on twitter some 20 minutes ago...

grovesnooker Grove Snooker
Ronnie would like to thank the CBSA and @worldsnooker for all their efforts. He's really looking forward to playing this week!
17 minutes ago
»

Ronnie had visa problems too, but we to managed to get him into China with assistance from the CBSA and World Snooker

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Grove on twitter some 20 minutes ago...

Ronnie would like to thank the CBSA and @worldsnooker for all their efforts. He's really looking forward to playing this week!
17 minutes ago
»

Ronnie had visa problems too, but we to managed to get him into China with assistance from the CBSA and World Snooker

mon

as a constant traveler is this visa problems getting worst ???

Postby Monique

I don't know Wild. As a Belgian citizen I have a electronic ID and an electronic chip in my passport. I know that this makes things a lot easier when it's about traveling to US for instance. I never tried China...

Postby Roland

You think this is bad, you should try and see how hard it is for Chinese to get visas over here and in Europe as a whole. It's bloody ridiculous.

At the end of the day, money talks when it comes to visas

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You think this is bad, you should try and see how hard it is for Chinese to get visas over here and in Europe as a whole. It's bloody ridiculous.

At the end of the day, money talks when it comes to visas

yes its not fair blaming china in all of this its more universal than that.

isnt there a case of a block booking visa for sports where if theres a tournament the governing body books everyone as a block.