Topic locked

China Open 2011 R1: Who wins ?

Poll ended at 29 Mar 2011

Marco Fu
64%
Judd Trump
36%

Total votes : 14

Re: China Open 2011 R1: Fu vs Trump (Wed 30 March)

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:You should have read the small print, no-one really has any idea who will win *except me !!!

you trying your best to be me but with one small problem your never right <laugh>

:wild2: :grrr: :fart: :hankey: :wave:

Yes wild <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Trump wins 5-3 :excited: Never doubted you JT :D

Didn't score as well as he could but it was a match he's been involved in several times before and not had the grit of mind to get through but this time he did, typified by that 47 in the eight frame to win on the black :afro:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:Marco will be to strong for Trump in all departments of the game.

Mr I'm always right wild ... gets it wrong ! :D :happy: :win:

yes he played poor today in all departments

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

You were wrong :D

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

You were wrong :D

marco let me down ive not got the same telepathy with Fu i have with Hendry <ok>

Re: China Open 2011 R1: Trump def. Fu 5-3

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't see the match, I was watching Higgins. Though, I accidentally saw who won at the last minute. :-( So, was Trump not wearing his scoring boots then? Typical Trump.

Still a wins a win, got to give the boy that. And it could be a tougher test then he did against Mark Davis though, so maybe JT will finally get back to that quarter-finals he did before.

I didn't see much of Davis vs Maguire, but I got the impression Mark Davis played well. What do people think? Will Judd beat Mark Davis? He'll have to be beating players of this caliber, if he really is the next big thing that Bourne keeps promising. But credit to him for beating an experienced player in Fu. Let's see what he can do from here on in.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:He played Davis in the CL a few weeks ago and beat him 3-2 but it was a poor match.

FFS. When was the last time Trump was involved in a high quality match? <laugh>

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:He played Davis in the CL a few weeks ago and beat him 3-2 but it was a poor match.

:telloff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't see the match, I was watching Higgins. Though, I accidentally saw who won at the last minute. :-( So, was Trump not wearing his scoring boots then? Typical Trump.

Still a wins a win, got to give the boy that. And it could be a tougher test then he did against Mark Davis though, so maybe JT will finally get back to that quarter-finals he did before.

I didn't see much of Davis vs Maguire, but I got the impression Mark Davis played well. What do people think? Will Judd beat Mark Davis? He'll have to be beating players of this caliber, if he really is the next big thing that Bourne keeps promising. But credit to him for beating an experienced player in Fu. Let's see what he can do from here on in.

From the few bits and pieces I saw of that match Davis played fantastic. The problem is he is close to getting into the top 16 but doesn't have the fall back of playing at the Crucible so he will be under pressure to try and win as many matches this week to try and get in the 16.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't see the match, I was watching Higgins. Though, I accidentally saw who won at the last minute. :-( So, was Trump not wearing his scoring boots then? Typical Trump.

From the few bits and pieces I saw of that match Davis played fantastic. The problem is he is close to getting into the top 16 but doesn't have the fall back of playing at the Crucible so he will be under pressure to try and win as many matches this week to try and get in the 16.

thing is the pressure point of the rankings has shifted now from playing in the WC to get in the top 16 to throughout the season but the real pressure point of getting in the top 16 now is to avoid qualifying for the World Championship as was the case with Walden,Ebdon and Cope who started the season outside the top 16.

Postby Roland

He was quoted as saying it was typical just when he finally made it inside the top 32 they changed the rules. But then he was immediately better off and Sarah from OnQ came on here to defend him and say his remarks were taken out of context and he's happy with the ranking system.

The one who has come out worst in all this is Liang Wenbo. Top 16 after the Crucible last year, misses the Masters and then has to qualify for Sheffield and loses to a brilliant Jamie Burnett.