Topic locked

Re: China Open Draw and Format !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Williams vs Stephen Lee could be a blinder in the first rounds. I see Stephen Hendry plays Matthew Stevens in a Battle to determines who loses in round 2. <laugh> Could be a close match, but how high will the standard be?

Ricky Walden vs Martin Gould could be a fine match. I'd pick Gould to win, which means Ricky Walden will probably kill him. A potential Dott vs Doherty match, should Ken Doherty get passed Li Hang. Which knowing Doherty, he probably won't. But good to see him qualifying for tournaments again. Hope I get to see him televised.

Ronnie faces the player that knocked him out of the Welsh Open, Ryan Day. That may have said more about Ronnie then Ryan. But the way Ryan was playing against Jimmy White in that tournament was bad monkey worthy. I've only ever seen Ronnie himself play that well, and I mean that.

Jimmy White dodders on, and has to play a yet unnamed wildcard with the winner playing Selby. He'll do his ranking no harm, with all the qualifying he's done for tournaments. It'll be interesting to see how he does, if he plays a young up-and-coming Chinese player.

Actually, I'm quite psyched about this one now. <ok>

Postby Wildey

nobody has ever reached Hendrys Standards so his rubbish game = most players brilliance <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:nobody has ever reached Hendrys Standards so his rubbish game = most players brilliance <ok>

Oh right. That's why he's still such a consistent tournament winner then. :roll:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:nobody has ever reached Hendrys Standards so his rubbish game = most players brilliance <ok>

Oh right. That's why he's still such a consistent tournament winner then. :roll:

exactly

thats why nobody able to dominate any more <ok> ;)

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

exactly

thats why nobody able to dominate any more <ok> ;)

What? Because he sometimes makes it to the last-16? <doh>

Postby GJ

hendo v stevens on day 1 and so is robbo v hawkins

Postby Bourne

Judd has to wait around for 3 days :grrr: So many distractions around Beijing for a young man of the world like Judd.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Judd has to wait around for 3 days :grrr: So many distractions around Beijing for a young man of the world like Judd.

If he has any chances of winning tournaments, he won't be that easily distracted. :)

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:hendo v stevens on day 1 and so is robbo v hawkins

Pull a sickie. :chin:

:afro:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Judd has to wait around for 3 days :grrr: So many distractions around Beijing for a young man of the world like Judd.

If he has any chances of winning tournaments, he won't be that easily distracted. :)

:rude:

Fu is definitely beatable <ok>

Postby Wildey

rofl

David Gray hasent qualified or even on tour so he will be ok <ok> <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

rofl

David Gray hasent qualified or even on tour so he will be ok <ok> <laugh>

You dirty old goat :fart: rofl