Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
infact 9 years, 364 days, 1 hour and 2 seconds can ;)

Now you're going to have to show the workings out on that one.

December 31st 1999@ 23:59:59 - January 1st 2010@ 00:00:00 = 10 years and 1 second. Unless you get into femtoseconds it can't be less than 10 years exactly plus a bit

my mistake its actually 9 years, 363 days, 22 hours and 2 seconds <ok>

you could see in the start of a decade in Baker Island which is 12 hours behind GMT
then see in the end of the decade in the Line Islands which are 14 hours ahead of GMT

:clap: :shake:

mad how one place can be 26 hours ahead of another. rofl

That's crazy. It always messes my head up when we put the clocks forwards or backwards just an hour when trying to calculate things.

Anyway, Williams got past the winning post in the UK final and Higgins got the snookers then won the next frame (or was it 2 frames?). Surely it can't happen 2 ranking finals in a row...

Postby Rocket_ron

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:Higgins, DEFENDS HIS TITLE TWO WEEKS AFTER HIS FATHER PASSED AWAY.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:zzz: we know his dad died

dont need it rammed down out throats

For God's sake man I am not ramming it down anybody's throat. I wouldn't use a man's death to do such a thing.

People never shut up about how Ronnies career was hampered by his father being put away, its only natural to mention such a thing here as it makes this achievement all the more amazing.

agreed with casey one this,

ronnie is not the only player with troubles

Postby Witz78

Caledonian Craig wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Sirius B wrote:there is no debate as yet

robbo future goat
trump future jimmy white

sirius

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Robbo never has been, never is and never will be worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Jimmy White. The peak Jimmy would have destroyed peak Robbo <ok>

Hmmm is that the same Jimmy White from the perceived weak era?

yes thats the one <ok>

just cos the 2 clear top players were all time greats it doesnt mean the era was strong. Below them 2 was where the problems of the early 90s lay. Namely that there was no strength in depth hence collectively they had 9/10 WC final appearances in the first half of the 90s which you could never imagine happening now.

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:haha serves Higgins family for coming down from the players lounge thinking hed won.

never count your chickens as they say

What exactly have his family done wrong?

No different from you, UK Final 2010

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:haha serves Higgins family for coming down from the players lounge thinking hed won.

never count your chickens as they say

What exactly have his family done wrong?

they have done nothing wrong, witz is being OTT

Postby Caledonian Craig

Early 90's Davis was still around and playing at a very decent level and you also had John Parrot as well and from 93 onwards you had Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins becoming multiple title winners as well as Ebdon and Doherty so that won't wash.

We could argue the oo's had Graeme Dott making a host of world finals when he would have been nowhere in the 90's.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
infact 9 years, 364 days, 1 hour and 2 seconds can ;)

Now you're going to have to show the workings out on that one.

December 31st 1999@ 23:59:59 - January 1st 2010@ 00:00:00 = 10 years and 1 second. Unless you get into femtoseconds it can't be less than 10 years exactly plus a bit

my mistake its actually 9 years, 363 days, 22 hours and 2 seconds <ok>

you could see in the start of a decade in Baker Island which is 12 hours behind GMT
then see in the end of the decade in the Line Islands which are 14 hours ahead of GMT

:clap: :shake:

mad how one place can be 26 hours ahead of another. rofl

That's crazy. It always messes my head up when we put the clocks forwards or backwards just an hour when trying to calculate things.

Anyway, Williams got past the winning post in the UK final and Higgins got the snookers then won the next frame (or was it 2 frames?). Surely it can't happen 2 ranking finals in a row...

coincidentally did you hear that the Government are now pushing for us to be on the same timezone as Central Europe, namely clocks turned +2 hours in the summer so we get extra light at night and in the winter also

Postby Witz78

Sirius B wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Maguire woulda played on if only the 22 points behind that he should have been if the parakeet had have called that foul

no witz, just drop it now

its true though. clearly a foul and he didnt call it.

joke the ref too

and the cameras for not showing a replay of it again

its a conspiracy from you know who

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:That's two title defenses this year then, Robbo at the WO and Higgins here. Robbo for the hat-trick in Sheffield :hatoff:

Dave Hendon doesnt class Robbos WO title as being a title defence so thats good enough for me <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:That's two title defenses this year then, Robbo at the WO and Higgins here. Robbo for the hat-trick in Sheffield :hatoff:

Dave Hendon doesnt class Robbos WO title as being a title defence so thats good enough for me <ok>

I do :wave:

Postby Witz78

Sirius B wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Once a parakeet, always a parakeet

clearly hut the blue first

No he didn't, he hit the green thin into the blue

sonny have a word with him

go on then, run away to the teacher to tell tales on me :D

:rude: