Topic locked

Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

February 14-20 at the Newport Centre

So it will be a all Scottish Final in Wales between practice partners John Higgins and Stephen Maguire and the First All Scottish Final since Stephen Hendry beat Graeme Dott in the 2005 Malta Cup 9-7.

Can Maguire Stop the Juggernaut ??

Sunday February 20

1.30pm & 7pm

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

LIVE SCORING from World Snooker

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

I'm going for Mags. He pushed him close in the UK and his win tonight against Selby was impressive. Higgins for all his class as a player hasn't looked his usual devastating self this week. Can never write him off though, he is class.

Postby Bourne

Definitely can't see it being easy for John, Mags is playing too good to write off. But this is a final and I expect John's level to rise up another notch, like it did in the semi-final ... he was threatened by Ali after dropping the 4th frame and had to stew on it over the MSI, but look how he responded. Mags a bit unlucky with the scheduling and the fact this was a late match, probably won't get much sleep tonight and a 1330 start is earlier than usual so I can see Higgins taking a crucial lead into the evening session which Mags won't recover from. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Higgins for all his class as a player hasn't looked his usual devastating self this week. Can never write him off though, he is class.

thats how ive seen it....

but listening to TG he hasent been watching the higgins i have :chin:

Postby GJ

John's on a great run and erven his bad game is very tough to beat. It's good just to get to a final but if I lose tomorrow I'll be devastated."

I like maguires attitude alot of players say im happy to get to final and see what happens and its :zzz:

maguire :)

Postby GJ

I cant see maguire losing this he looks as focused as he has ever been and carter let higgins off the hook early on where as mags wont IMO.

Postby Caledonian Craig

A tell tale fact is Maguire's real lack of title winning ability (only four to date). John Higgins is on another planet on that front. I think it is fair to say that Maguire has failed to live up to expectations when he first burst on the scene. Hopefully, he can make that step up but I see too many flaws in his game such as temperament and inconsistency.

Postby Wildey

john higgins is possibly at peace in a game of snooker otherwise with plenty of time on his hands he might find that tough with mourning his father.

Postby jojo

i hope maguire wins still have gripes about john higgins playing i do still feel for him his father dying

i think the match will be close and i definitely dont write maguire off he looked really good against selby one hungry mother bucker

higgins make no mistake is the favourite at sheffield and it makes my blood boil saying this

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:John Higgins will win comfortably

first time for everything i suppose :john:

yes nothings been comfortable for john even though hes on a great Run its all a bit of a struggle in between a few good frames.

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:wild

how many more ranking tournaments after this before the worlds starts and what are they?

and when are the world qualifiers ?

China Open Qualifiers
February 24-27, 2011
World Snooker Academy, EIS - Sheffield

Betfred.com World Snooker Championship Qualifiers
March 3-10 and 12-13, 2011
Badminton Hall, English Institute of Sport - Sheffield

Players Tour Championship Finals
March 16 to 20, 2011

China Open
March 28 - April 3, 2011
Beijing, China

Betfred.com World Snooker Championship
April 16 - May 2, 2011
The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Postby jojo

cheers pal

who you think will win today ?

maguire look like one hungry mother bucker he up for this make no mistake but john higgins is john higgins never write him off he is that good personally i think it will be very very tight at least 10-8 or 10-9

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:cheers pal

who you think will win today ?

maguire look like one hungry mother bucker he up for this make no mistake but john higgins is john higgins never write him off he is that good personally i think it will be very very tight at least 10-8 or 10-9

it will be close ....

i think maguire needs a good start and heres a chance