Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Congratulations to John Higgins on his 23rd ranking title.

As for the question above, I can't think of many Higgins fans, Kris from a year or two back was one. I'm not a fan of his at all, but as a snooker player I respect him hugely, as much as nearly every other player. He is a natural winner.

Really? Most people pre-scandal I knew would say they were Higgins fans. I personallu was always as Higgins fan. And he was always near the top of my all-time favourite list. Obviously what happened in Russia always leaves doubt. For what it's worth, I believe he was stupid and boastful after having a few drinks, and nothing more malicious then that. But none of us were there, so we won't ever know how much he was stitched up. But I was glad to see him back. I'll still watch him, and still like him, but the doubt his always there about was he dishonest or was he just stupid.

Postby kostasmad

I always liked Higgins...I was not a fan until i saw the clearence in masters final against Ronnie. He is my 2nd fav player after Stevens...Met him, he was very polite and friendly. Good memories....

Postby Casey

Steve K wrote:Final frame in it's entirety:

Trophy and the interviews:

And match report!

http://maximumsnooker.com/the_wizard_ca ... _wales.htm

Great win for John, setbacks just seem to keep making him stronger and he will be the favourite going into the crucible definitely :) Good to see Maguire back as well, like him as a player and as a person, great fun to watch and wouldnt be surprised if he won a ranker next season or the PTC finals.

3 mins 10 secs. He hits the green first, hit it too thin.

I am sure GJ and Witz will be writing to the Ref and John with an apology.

Postby Wildey

yes thats obvious green first at the time when i watched it.... it never crossed my mind for a second it was a foul had he hit the blue first the green would have gone straight on

Postby GJ

im a neutral in this mate its how i see it

people can disgaree its a split second contact so opinions can vary

most here are pro or anti higgins

im one of the few neutrals

<ok>
Last edited by GJ on 21 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

There's no opinions here mate, the fact is he hit the green first. It's not even open to a different intepretation, it's bucking obvious for those of us with eyes <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
DavieMac wrote:Mags showed good form!

:afro:

Sorry, i've been dying to use that smiley :excited:

Our only member with a fav player maguire.

Our only member?

The only person who is a fan of Mags. Let alone a member of SI. <laugh>