Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

"You don't often see scores at 1-1, usually one player scores more"

This Evans commentator. I thought about calling him the worst ever snooker commentator because he is bloody annoying, but then Eurosport have Mike Smith who is utterly clueless.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:fight maguire

GJ, do you want Maguire to win because you like him more than Higgins, or do you just don't want that Higgins overtakes Robbo's status as the currently best player in the world (if he hasn't done that already before this tournament)?

predicts

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:this is a miss because there are 15 reds on the table so the referee can call as many misses as he wants because there are easier options for higgins

thats the definition of the rule i dont agree with.....

Forget the other reds just judge the actual shot the player is playing.....how would hit any old red be the right shot for a professional to play.

Postby jojo

no what i mean is higgins has easier options than the red he played for so if the referee calls a miss that is fair because higgins can hit another red an easier escape but obviously a trade off he likely to leave a red on that way

that my gripe sometimes referees dont take this into account when theres a difficult escape shot on with only one red to hit and there are no other alternatives and the player gets very close these silly referees still call a miss