Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby GJ

Sirius B wrote:higgins has been in 37 ranking final ronnie 33

williams 26

are any of them near 100 % like the WORLD CHAMPION

Postby Roland

Nice break from Mags. Can he play 3 frames in a row without making a mistake? By that I mean keep up the attacking approach without crossing the line again into pushing the boat out and freeze Higgins out. That's his best chance. If Higgins gets to 8 before Maguire definitely all over.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:maguire :D :D :D

hatas <laugh> :zzz:

He's just lost 5 out of the last 6 frames :redneck: :tvrky:

Higgins is a different class to Maguire. You were talking about your expected upsets Bourne, this is clearly going to be another one

Postby Roland

I think when it was 5-2, had Maguire won to get to 6-2 he would've won. I can't remember much about that frame apart from knowing Higgins was going to win the frame once he got in. Seen it so many times. 5-2 down in a final, player on 2 if it's a big time player takes the last of the session and then goes on to win the evening session.

Postby GJ

Sirius B wrote:
GJ wrote:

williams 26

williams has the highest success rate of the 3 with a 69% no robbo is :bowdown: at the moment :snowman:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I think my main problem with Higgins, and I'm like a broken record with this one, is I don't see him hammering players. He's fantastic at what he does, but I just don't get blown away by it. Ronnie does so much more for me from an enjoyment perspective.

Been a lonnng time since he blew anyone away mind ...

Anyway why does every match like this result in a frickin' GOAT debate, just appreciate the match and the tournament ?

Power Snooker
World Open
Premier League
PTC3
Sky Shootout

:chin:

:limp:
Last player he beat in a ranker was Ebdon, BO5, and then Robbo killed him in the finals.
Last player Higgins lost to in a ranker was Davis :wave:

Robbo played a blinder in the WO final but Ronnie didnt do much wrong either, infact he was ahead in the overall pot success and safetysuccess for the match.

Technically Tom Ford was the last player to beat him in a ranker (EPTC6 final)

Last player Higgins lost to in a main ranker was Davis but thats as much to do with his ban (which should have been for life) than it is to do with his form.

Its a bit like me saying Quinten Hann is undefeated in the last 5 years rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
Robbo played a blinder in the WO final but Ronnie didnt do much wrong either, infact he was ahead in the overall pot success and safetysuccess for the match.

Last player Higgins lost to in a main ranker was Davis but thats as much to do with his ban (which should have been for life) than it is to do with his form.

Michael Holt <ok>

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:maguire :D :D :D

hatas <laugh> :zzz:

He's just lost 5 out of the last 6 frames :redneck: :tvrky:

Higgins is a different class to Maguire. You were talking about your expected upsets Bourne, this is clearly going to be another one

Duno a few frames into the match but pre-match I think most sane people were taking Higgins because of his ability to raise it when he needs to, Mags' late finish and all those little variables that pointed in John's direction. Stevens in the QF was classic expected upset material :mosh2:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
GJ wrote:

williams 26

williams has the highest success rate of the 3 with a 69% no robbo is :bowdown: at the moment :snowman:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

once he reaches more he will start losing some.

anyway its a stupid stat yours comparing players with tons and tons of finals and wins / losses to someone with relatively only a handful of finals and titlees.

Hed be better off with 100 finals to his name than only 6 wins than 6 finals <doh>

finals won percentage must be the most pointless stat ever, and this is coming from me, a man who loves stats :john:

Its a bit like someone whos been out 3 times in the last year but has pulled a bird every time claiming he hes better at pulling than someone whos been out all 52 Saturday nights in a year and pulled 30 different birds <doh>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Been a lonnng time since he blew anyone away mind ...

Anyway why does every match like this result in a frickin' GOAT debate, just appreciate the match and the tournament ?

Power Snooker
World Open
Premier League
PTC3
Sky Shootout

Last player he beat in a ranker was Ebdon, BO5, and then Robbo killed him in the finals.

Not really ... how many matches has Hann played in rankers in that time compared to John :rednecksanta:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:witz

stats

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

says you with your Robbos 100% finals success ratio nonsense <doh>

i was responding to sirius facts

<doh>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Power Snooker
World Open
Premier League
PTC3
Sky Shootout

Not really ... how many matches has Hann played in rankers in that time compared to John :rednecksanta:

im a plank GJ ?

then so are you then <doh>

cos my Hann to Higgins comparison is no different to your Robbo in ranking finals to other players comparison.

Postby Caledonian Craig

Neil Robertson has youth on his side and is certainly the best young player out there. The likes of Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams will start to be affected by the age factor in the next few years when consistency will dip and confidence with it takes a battering. It happens to all pros hence why we see no 40+ world champs or very few anyway.

Postby Roland

There you have the pitfalls of all out attack against a match player. Higgins is suckering Mags into taking on difficult pots because he knows he'll take them on. Bit like Reardon used to do to Alex Higgins.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Michael Holt <ok>

i sometimes get them 2 mixed up, well the names anyway, not the players, if that makes sense.

think Ford won a PTC too didnt he, thats prob where im getting mixed up :chin: