Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

Well this is about facts and not opinions. <ok>

That diagram is from memory so not accurate but it was clearly green first hit a bit too thin. It would only just pass the blue. If he'd hit blue first it would've travelled towards instead of away from the yellow pocket.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Well this is about facts and not opinions. <ok>

That diagram is from memory so not accurate but it was clearly green first hit a bit too thin. It would only just pass the blue. If he'd hit blue first it would've travelled towards instead of away from the yellow pocket.

so not accurate

there folks case closed

opinions :afro:

Postby Casey

Exactly.

Postby Wildey

i had the match on Sky + ive just back recorded it ill take a look at it later in freeze frame

Postby Roland

OK I'll redo it...

Right I've made it closer, the green would only just pass the blue. Fact is if he hit the blue first, how could it possibly travel backwards?

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Im a hater of miscarriages of Justice <ok>

So did you watch the replay? You've been quiet about it since you said you were going to :wave:

accidently flicked over to Rumble in The Bronx on channel 109 before i remembered to rewind

So are you going to apologise to John and the ref for saying they cheated in that frame :redneck:

no cos me and GJ dont agree that Sonnys sketch shows what really happened

he could pot the green in real life unlike Sonnys sketch

and he couldnt see the whole of the green in real life unlike Sonnys sketch

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:

Exactly.

no, it would have then cannoned straight into the green causing it to deflect back and towards where it went

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:

Exactly.

no, it would have then cannoned straight into the green causing it to deflect back and towards where it went

<ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Brilliant victory for John and his family.

I'm not disappointed/mad that he has now more ranking titles to his name than Ronnie. He's a superb player and in the 5 years I have been watching snooker now he's has won more than anyone else on the tour. He's a winning machine who rediscovered his function since that suspension - last season he was great, now he's even better - unplayable and unbeatable. He has such an aura around him - I image Hendry had something similar surrounding him. It's very fascinating to watch.

He will be the big favourite for the WC - only a handful of player will be able to stop him. Maguire played today some of the best snooker I have seen him ever play - exactly like in the WC 2007 - where he also played Higgins and somehow lost a big lead. It's not enough to play brilliant against Higgins you have to play perfect snooker.

Postby Roland

sigh

forget the direction of the blue, I rewound the shot on a 42" screen and it was clear as day that the white hit the green first and that he hit it thin because from the angle he's coming from if he hits it slightly thick there's a chance of hitting blue first so he erred on the side of caution and hit it thin, into the blue. Clear as day and I believe I'm the only one here who actually rewound it to double check after Witz's allegation.

Postby GJ

im the only neutral in this case

witz as been anti higgins where as most others have been pro higgins

:shake: <cool>

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm just thinking why don't we have a user in this forum who has Higgins listed as his favourite player?

There was one Higgins fan last year - who I last saw before the final session against Steve Davis ...

Good question, there aren't many out and out Higgins fans on this forum but they are out there. A large majority of members have a huge respect for him though I'd say.

Postby Tubberlad

Congratulations to John Higgins on his 23rd ranking title.

As for the question above, I can't think of many Higgins fans, Kris from a year or two back was one. I'm not a fan of his at all, but as a snooker player I respect him hugely, as much as nearly every other player. He is a natural winner.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:I respect his bottle thats all

well thats one more thing than i respect him for :D

after Russia he deserves no respect

infact i wouldnt even class EPTC5, UK Champs and the Welsh Open towards his tally. They are illegal titles.

Once 8 years are up (the same time as Hanns ban) only then will i start to recognise any tournaments he wins as being legit

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:I respect his bottle thats all

well thats one more thing than i respect him for :D

after Russia he deserves no respect

infact i wouldnt even class EPTC5, UK Champs and the Welsh Open towards his tally. They are illegal titles.

Once 8 years are up (the same time as Hanns ban) only then will i start to recognise any tournaments he wins as being legit

:clap: :redneck:

Postby Steve K

Final frame in it's entirety:

Trophy and the interviews:

And match report!

http://maximumsnooker.com/the_wizard_ca ... _wales.htm

Great win for John, setbacks just seem to keep making him stronger and he will be the favourite going into the crucible definitely :) Good to see Maguire back as well, like him as a player and as a person, great fun to watch and wouldnt be surprised if he won a ranker next season or the PTC finals.

Postby SnookerFan

Tournaments over. Due to moving house, and not having Eurosport or the internet set up I didn't see much outside of the days I visited. I did see Hendry's 147 as it happened on Thursday though. :ba: And the Higgins semi-final.

The first session of the final was good too. I thought Mags was gonna take him. Higgins show his class though. That's two tournament wins this season, not counting his PTC win. And he hasn't played a full season, like the rest of them. That's class. :D