Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:Disastrous tournament for me

nobody left in it that im a fan of hate

Higgins - HATE
Williams - FIND HIM DULL AND BORING
Carter - BORING
Stevens - A JOKE
Dott - ZZZZZZZZ

Suppose itll have to Maguire, Ding or Selby for me, best of a bad bunch.......

it suprises me ANYONE can find williams dull and boring. Hes probs the most flamboyant clever shot maker. Such a great dry sense of humour. His style of play floating around is easy on the eye. :love:

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Disastrous tournament for me

nobody left in it that im a fan of hate

Higgins - HATE
Williams - FIND HIM DULL AND BORING
Carter - BORING
Stevens - A JOKE
Dott - ZZZZZZZZ

Suppose itll have to Maguire, Ding or Selby for me, best of a bad bunch.......

it suprises me ANYONE can find williams dull and boring. Hes probs the most flamboyant clever shot maker. Such a great dry sense of humour. His style of play floating around is easy on the eye. :love:

we are talking about a rochdale fan boy here so its to be expected from witz <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Ding Junhui vs Carter deserves an audience of zero.

It must be the first time Ding Junhui has been the taller player in 2 consecutives matches!

I hope that short ass Tiptree muppet gets spanked.

Postby Wildey

how can a player go from that and he did look good in that break very few times these days i expected him to not miss but then he missed 2 shots at the start of frame 2 and his game visibly fell apart.

it cant be technique otherwise he wouldn't have made a 147 in the first place its as if he cant accept missing any ball he should get and it plays on his mind like never before and hes virtually during the match fighting against his own mind, really bizarre.

worst match Stephen's played since he lost to Williams in the UK.

Postby Wildey

Asked about the 147, Hendry replied: "Who cares? I lost my focus in the second frame, I had about 59 chances to win it but couldn't take them. After that I was garbage, total garbage. I had enough chances to win the whole tournament."

sums it up really.

Postby Black2white

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:But i dont think Robbo looked at it like that TBH only Chickens would do that <ok>

a smart player would mate

are you rememered for 2 or more world titles more or

and extra welsh open ;)

<laugh> oh come oooon Robbo sometimes can't work out the right way to the venue never mind the rankings :wave:

Postby GJ

Black2white wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:But i dont think Robbo looked at it like that TBH only Chickens would do that <ok>

a smart player would mate

are you rememered for 2 or more world titles more or

and extra welsh open ;)

<laugh> oh come oooon Robbo sometimes can't work out the right way to the venue never mind the rankings :wave:

whatever you say robbo hata :wave: ;) :rude:

Postby GJ

stat of the week

when i run a predicts competition one of my favs always wins

good omen for matthew

COME ON STEVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby SnookerFan

Had the Hendry match on at my mum's last night. Typical Hendry, makes a 147 and does buck all else. <laugh>

Those do look like some good matches there. I don't have Eurosport or BBC Wales set up at my flat yet. So might miss todays. Yesterday was the only televised match that I've seen all week. Am thinking of popping round with presents for my parents on Saturday for helping me move in, and catching the afternoon semi-finals.

I wonder if any pub will let me watch snooker over the football tonight? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:it suprises me ANYONE can find williams dull and boring. Hes probs the most flamboyant clever shot maker. Such a great dry sense of humour. His style of play floating around is easy on the eye. :love:

He's lying. It's impossible to not like Mark Williams. Impossible.

Mark. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:
GJ wrote:whatever you say robbo hata :wave: ;) :rude:

I'm not :|
it's disappointing Robbo lost so early though I've been waiting for a Robbo-Selby match for ages now, and Robbo screwed another good opportunity :idea:

I hadn't even noticed that match had never happened, until it was pointed out to me when they clashed in the PL.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:A defining day in matthew career if he can beat higgins i believe he can get back to top 8

I'm living in hope more than expectation today. I really hope he beats Higgins today, and I'd love to see him winning the tournament, but I'd be very surprised if he did either.

It's nice to see him in the mix a bit though, I haven't seen any snooker this week but apparently he's played very well. Stevens was a lovely player between 1999 and 2005, I thought he was quality back then and still stand by that, even if his rubbish form over the last few years make it harder to remember those days. He did however have serious issues in closing out games, especially big games, to state the blindingly obvious. If Stevens was in a big match that went close, you just knew he wasn't going to do the business, for all his ability.

Postby GJ

tubbs

He has ptc finals , china and words so is a cert for top 16 and given he is the same age as dott no reason if matthew keeps working hard he cant get back to top form IMO

He has beaten higgins a few times so it will hold no fears for matthew tonight

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Just watched that Hendry maximum now, what a lovely break that was. To still be knocking in maximums with his career firmly on the wane shows what a class, class player he is.

He did buck all in the rest of the match. <laugh>

but it shows how thin a line it is from playing great to playing rubbish.

and it really was rubbish there after

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Just watched that Hendry maximum now, what a lovely break that was. To still be knocking in maximums with his career firmly on the wane shows what a class, class player he is.

He did buck all in the rest of the match. <laugh>

but it shows how thin a line it is from playing great to playing rubbish.

and it really was rubbish there after

<laugh> :wave: