Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Quarter Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Tubberlad

Looking forward to the Stevens game I must say. I don't give him much chance but I'm just hoping for a really good performance like the Stevens of old. He had a habit of hammering some of the top players when he was on song, the problem was he couldn't kill off close games.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:Looking forward to the Stevens game I must say. I don't give him much chance but I'm just hoping for a really good performance like the Stevens of old. He had a habit of hammering some of the top players when he was on song, the problem was he couldn't kill off close games.

i have a good feeling about this match :D <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Looking forward to the Stevens game I must say. I don't give him much chance but I'm just hoping for a really good performance like the Stevens of old. He had a habit of hammering some of the top players when he was on song, the problem was he couldn't kill off close games.

I think he will give us a bit of value for entertainment GJ, but I'm not getting ahead of myself :)

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:if if if wild

its about winning frames mate

its not if if if its why ? why ? why ? his play deteriorated so bad maguire hardly pulled up trees in the match.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

so do i but it depends on how Higgins plays.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:

its not if if if its why ? why ? why ? his play deteriorated so bad maguire hardly pulled up trees in the match.

mate it shows he isnt as consistent as he was years back

i hoenstly thought people were knee jerking on his form and cope was pure crap against him and maguire punished marks errors

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

so do i but it depends on how Higgins plays.

Wild, if he loses tonight I don't care once I see the Stevens I used to love watching and cheering on. If he wins playing badly, even against Higgins, it won't be the same.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

i hoenstly thought people were knee jerking on his form and cope was pure crap against him and maguire punished marks errors

you must be watching a different match because Maguire had to have about 4 chances to punish the 5 Errors from Mark.

but i agree and he himself said it he isnt playing as well as he used to on a consistent level.

Postby Wildey

Tubber

if he wins tonight by hook or by crook that would give him the confidence thats been lacking.

if he plays well and loses he might question if his best is good enough.

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

I don't think people are knee jerking on Williams' form. He was runner-up at the UK playing well within himself and he was definitely the best in Berlin. I have himself and Higgins as favourites for the Crucible with Robbo, Ding & Selby next in line.

Anyway, he will benefit from losing today. I think another final here would have meant he's peaking too early

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:Tubber

if he wins tonight by hook or by crook that would give him the confidence thats been lacking.

if he plays well and loses he might question if his best is good enough.

I get you, and you're probably right. I just really want to see him play well

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:i agree with wild winning breeds confidence no matter how you win

thats hendrys problem and its a real head buck he isnt winning enough matches to justify himself that the work he puts in is worth it.

and when he misses one or 2 pots his game crumbles...

if he had wins under his belt he could brush off those misses......its a vicious circle to get out of

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:

thats hendrys problem and its a real head buck he isnt winning enough matches to justify himself that the work he puts in is worth it.

if he had wins under his belt he could brush off those misses......its a vicious circle to get out of

Has Hendry ever been to a sports psychologist?

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

Hendrys the new Alan McManus or Mark King.

has developed a habit of winning his 1st round game then losing out in the 2nd round when he has to face a player ranked higher than him. His true level has been found.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

he needs to or just accept players miss pots....

its almost as if he gets so embarrassed hes missed a gettable pot that his discipline and timing totally went....He looked good in that 147 then he missed a pink to middle followed with a missed red to middle and then his Match was over.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:

has developed a habit of winning his 1st round game then losing out in the 2nd round when he has to face a player ranked higher than him. His true level has been found.

dont talk through your ass you idiot ...

unless you know what your talking about just switch off your PC and buck off <ok> theres a good plank.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Lost count of the number of times Higgins has gone into a match like this against a form 'underdog' only for John to beat them with something to spare, the old 'expected upset' rule.

When does Higgins ever win with something to spare ?

He always does a Selby and stumbles over the line !!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Wild wrote:thats hendrys problem and its a real head buck he isnt winning enough matches to justify himself that the work he puts in is worth it.

dont talk through your ass you idiot ...

unless you know what your talking about just switch off your PC and buck off <ok> theres a good plank.

Wilds went off on one unprovoked <doh>

I'll class that as meaning my comment was true and hes no counter argument to it <ok>