Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Well when I went there live yesterday.

Rob walker before the match said 'soo bond is english, do we have any english supporters here today..and like one cheer.'

You're welcome. <laugh>

Seriously, that's just Rob Walker. I cheered when he said English, but I wanted Robertson to win it. Like you say, snooker isn't a sport for supporting people of your own country, but that's been because traditionally there's only Great Britain that have played it, and when somebody who isn't British turns up it's something of a novelty. That's obviously changing with the World Champion being Australian, the Masters champion being Chinese, and various other Asians up and coming.

But, I wouldn't take Rob Walker seriously. He always comes out and talks rubbish for ten minutes before the frame. I've heard him congratulate people for turning up at 10am at Saturday matches, because he's sure we all have hangovers. You can reach a point where a strict teetotaller might be offended.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Oh I like his banter thought, just think its only welsh who would be like that.

Welcome snookerfan, looking forward to todays matches? And nice to meet you <ok>

I'm stuck at work, so only going to watch this evenings matches. Which is a shame, because Ding vs Allen looks like a corker.

I felt so proud that I recognised you both, just from that pasta thread you posted. rofl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He didn't say that GJ. I agree with Snooker Overdrive, Robbo got to number 1 because Higgins was banned. In your own words, that is FACT.

but nobody deserved it more if collecting titles is the name of the game...

and in winning those titles he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-1 twice and 5-4 once and John Higgins 6-5.

i find it strange that Hendry got criticized for reaching WN 1 Without winning titles in 2006 and Robbo got to no 1 with 4 Titles in his point tariff and theres still criticism :roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Collecting trophies isn't the name of the game. FACT!

what is then choking finals

rofl <laugh>

wild

it makes it all the sweeter :D <cool>

Postby GJ

Robbo v dott could ahve a big bearing on the worlds draw

if dott wins today he is in robbos quarter at worlds

and ronnie is in higgins quarter as 10th seed

if robbo wins today ronnie is in his quarter and dott likely to be in higgins quarter

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Oh I like his banter thought, just think its only welsh who would be like that.

Welcome snookerfan, looking forward to todays matches? And nice to meet you <ok>

I'm stuck at work, so only going to watch this evenings matches. Which is a shame, because Ding vs Allen looks like a corker.

I felt so proud that I recognised you both, just from that pasta thread you posted. rofl

<laugh> i was looking at for you but realised i had never ever seen you before! <ok>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Goodluck Allen & GOAT

changed ur avatar in preparation for the tartan clash <ok> :redneck:

mate can you confirm which of today matches are on eurosport or eurosport 2 as 2 is harder to find a stream for

:)

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

mate can you confirm which of today matches are on eurosport or eurosport 2 as 2 is harder to find a stream for

BUMP

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

not a clue for tonight but Williams v Cope this affo on Eurosport <ok>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

cheers is it normally table 1 on MAIN europort channel

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

i think Robbo v Dott will be table 1

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

i think Robbo v Dott will be table 1