Topic locked

Re: Wyldecrest Park Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!!

Postby randam05

Sirius B wrote:i think williams will get to number 1 again, he is back to near best

certainly is and im loving every minute of it <ok>

But I would like selby to win this tournament against williams in the final.

One.because he needs another title
Two. williams won it last week against him

and three....I dont want all the welsh getting stupidly excited and over happy like when i went there :grrr: they were horrible to bond before the match purposely supporting Robertson just because he wasnt english.

Question : why do all the welsh absoloutley hate the english? Were not the ignorant chameleons displaying our flag at every given opportunity.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sirius B wrote:i think williams will get to number 1 again, he is back to near best

I guess we'll have to wait for quite some time until we have a World Number 1 who isn't Davis, Hendry, Williams, Ronnie or Higgins.

And yes I'm not counting that fluked world number 1 by Robertson.

it was not a fluke....

nobody has won more Ranking tournaments over the last 5 years than Robertson so nobody deserved to be WN 1 More than Robertson.

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:

with Higgins having 14,000 points deducted by the next cut off after the WC Williams looks well set to be end of season World no 1.

your cleaver <ok>

i still cant get my head around the new ranking. so are you in a better posistion if you haven't got alot of points to defend?

so williams and higgins could have all these points to defend in 2 years time and ronnie will not have many to defend thurs making it easy to catch up?

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:

and three....I dont want all the welsh getting stupidly excited and over happy like when i went there :grrr: they were horrible to bond before the match purposely supporting Robertson just because he wasnt english.

Question : why do all the welsh absoloutley hate the english? Were not the ignorant chameleons displaying our flag at every given opportunity.

its something to do with ruling them

welsh are my fave and i love going to wales on holidays , scotts are my least faves

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I guess we'll have to wait for quite some time until we have a World Number 1 who isn't Davis, Hendry, Williams, Ronnie or Higgins.

it was not a fluke....

nobody has won more Ranking tournaments over the last 5 years than Robertson so nobody deserved to be WN 1 More than Robertson.

He would deserve it if he wasn't depending on other players suspensions to get to that place on the sun. Two weeks after Higgins returned he was gone from the top.

Postby randam05

Sirius B wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Question : why do all the welsh absoloutley hate the english? Were not the ignorant bar stewards displaying our flag at every given opportunity.

its something to do with ruling them

welsh are my fave and i love going to wales on holidays , scotts are my least faves

But by ruling them, all the tax payers are giving them money for education and putting every single welsh sign in english and welsh (cwm arrabrithyyyd demonia ruchhhbdmnjk) :wave:

snooker..

i think higgins, williams, robertson and selby are a great top 4. Forget ding..he is dead boring IMO.

Postby Rocket_ron

Snooker Overdrive wrote:He would deserve it if he wasn't depending on other players suspensions to get to that place on the sun. Two weeks after Higgins returned he was gone from the top.

very true he was to be number 2 till higgins affair happened

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
But by ruling them, all the tax payers are giving them money for education and putting every single welsh sign in english and welsh (cwm arrabrithyyyd demonia ruchhhbdmnjk) :wave:

snooker..

i think higgins, williams, robertson and selby are a great top 4. Forget ding..he is dead boring IMO.

chill randam, welsh are ok

Postby randam05

There was no need to support robertson cause he wasnt english though out of spite.

They seem alright..but on the whole not great. Unless its just newport, as thats the only place in wales ive visited. Horrible Place really.

Postby randam05

Sirius B wrote:
randam05 wrote:There was no need to support robertson cause he wasnt english though out of spite.

what do you mean?

Well when I went there live yesterday.

Rob walker before the match said 'soo bond is english, do we have any english supporters here today..and like one cheer.'

Then he said ' and whos australian and supporting robertson...no reply.

Then he said 'whos welsh andsupporting robertson cause hes not english' and the whole crowd went absoloutley crazy. I just thought that was disgraceful really. I mean snooker isnt even a sport of supporting players from your country, its aboutsupporting which character you prefer and who you thinks deserves to win. But Wales seem to think otherwise, which is rude if not a bit stuck up? IMO.

Even the commentators on bbc2 wales are biased!
Last edited by randam05 on 17 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby randam05

By the way im not being racist or horrible which everyone seems to think about everything these days..just stating a point.

Anyway Mark williams and wild are welsh and they both seem cool <ok>

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

it was not a fluke....

He would deserve it if he wasn't depending on other players suspensions to get to that place on the sun. Two weeks after Higgins returned he was gone from the top.

but he has won major tournaments on a consistant level and that what the new rankings is all about.

when he won the World Open and became WN1 he had 4 Ranking tournaments in his point tally.

Barhain 2008
Grand Prix 2009
World Championship 2010
World Open 2010

John is now World No 1 with only 3 Tournaments in his point tally

World Championship 2009
Welsh Open 2010
UK Championship 2010

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
randam05 wrote:There was no need to support robertson cause he wasnt english though out of spite.

what do you mean?

Rob walker before the match said 'soo bond is english, do we have any english supporters here today..and like one cheer.'

Then he said 'whos welsh andsupporting robertson cause hes not english' and the whole crowd went absoloutley crazy. I just thought that was disgraceful really. I mean snooker isnt even a sport of supporting players from your country, its aboutsupporting which character you prefer and who you thinks deserves to win. But Wales seem to think otherwise, which is rude if not a bit stuck up? IMO.

dont take that to heart, walker tries anything to get a cheer

Postby Wildey

Sirius B wrote:
Wild wrote:

with Higgins having 14,000 points deducted by the next cut off after the WC Williams looks well set to be end of season World no 1.

your cleaver <ok>

i still cant get my head around the new ranking. so are you in a better posistion if you haven't got alot of points to defend?

so williams and higgins could have all these points to defend in 2 years time and ronnie will not have many to defend thurs making it easy to catch up?

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -seedings/

second column points 09/10 all thoes points has to be defended between june 2011 (PTC 1) and May 2012 (WC)

Ding has 27,000 to defend next season with Murphy having 15,000 to defend.....

name of the game is winning Matches and the rankings will look after themselves but Ding got a lot of Matches to win to defend those points.

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild wrote:
Sirius B wrote:
Wild wrote:

your cleaver <ok>

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -seedings/

second column points 09/10 all thoes points has to be defended between june 2011 (PTC 1) and May 2012 (WC)

Ding has 27,000 to defend next season with Murphy having 15,000 to defend.....

name of the game is winning Matches and the rankings will look after themselves but Ding got a lot of Matches to win to defend those points.

so it makes it easier for players with less points to defend to catch up?

if higgins drops 20,000 but ronnie only drops 5,000 then all of a sudden ronnie is 15,000 points closer to higgins (or only 5000 behind higgins)

Postby Wildey

in theory yes however if you not got points in the first place you might end up playing qualifiers and sinking fast.

it is the same as before but now Rankings over complete 2 seasons Rank You Where as before Points players earned in 2008 was seeding them for World Championship 2011.

Now its China Open 2009 to Welsh Open 2011 seeds players for the 2011 World Championship

with the old system it would have been Northern Ireland Trophy 2008 to World Championship 2010 that would have seeded the 2011 World Championship

Postby GJ

Sirius B wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

And yes I'm not counting that fluked world number 1 by Robertson

<laugh>

<laugh>
Last edited by GJ on 17 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

The welsh have good taste in who they support so i applaud them for supporting the CURRENT world champion

:D :D :D

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:
Sirius B wrote:

what do you mean?

To be fair its banter lighten up :D <cool>