Topic locked

Re: Welsh Open + Qualifiers and Draw

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
thats as useful as a chocolate fire guard <ok>

What do you expect under the new ranking rules? It does make buying tickets a pain. Still, that's as much as you usually used to get anyway. You used to only know half the match until the week before The Crucible first rounds.

Nothing to do with new ranking rules. It's just the the qualifs are yet to be played.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

What do you expect under the new ranking rules? It does make buying tickets a pain. Still, that's as much as you usually used to get anyway. You used to only know half the match until the week before The Crucible first rounds.

Nothing to do with new ranking rules. It's just the the qualifs are yet to be played.

yes they could actually play the qualifiers next week in fact but i think playing qualifiers AFTER the latest tournaments is better.

there's 3 days between end of qualifiers to the start of the Welsh Open...

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

True. <laugh> Sorry, I've had a lot of late nights.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:still posting up Mark Williams v ..............

is not helpful, useful, or meaningful whatsoever :|

It's better then nothing. It's the best they can do. I'd prefer that to what they are doing at The Crucible this year, going; "Buy a ticket, we'll tell you what the match is in three months." <doh> At least you can tell which top-16 players you like are playing this way, and you get a choice between two tables sit where you like, so if you really hate one match, you can sit on another.

Postby Wildey

Regarding this thread jade asked on what days the top 16 playing their matches and i showed her <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

Regarding this thread jade asked on what days the top 16 playing their matches and i showed her <ok>

Thanks for clearing that up.

Postby jadechelsea

Wild wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:does anyone know what top 16 are playing on what day?

Monday 14th Feb

11am
Ding Junhui v
Ricky Walden v

NB 1pm
Qualifier Matthew Stevens v
Ali Carter v

NB 2pm
John Higgins v
Mark King v

7pm
qualifier Ryan Day v
Jamie Cope v

Tuesday 15th of Feb

1pm
Mark Williams v
Mark Allen v

NB2pm
Mark Selby v
Peter Ebdon v

7pm
Neil Robertson v
Graeme Dott v

Wednesday 16th of Feb

1pm
Shaun Murphy v
Stephen Hendry v

NB 2pm
Stephen Maguire v
Last 16 Match

7pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan v
Last 16 Match

thanks wild i think we are going to go on the tuesday if it is ok with jake at school and that :D

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea wrote:
Wild wrote:

Monday 14th Feb

11am
Ding Junhui v
Ricky Walden v

NB 1pm
Ali Carter v

NB 2pm
John Higgins v
Mark King v

7pm
qualifier Ryan Day v
Jamie Cope v

Tuesday 15th of Feb

1pm
Mark Williams v
Mark Allen v

NB2pm
Mark Selby v
Peter Ebdon v

7pm
Neil Robertson v
Graeme Dott v

Wednesday 16th of Feb

1pm
Shaun Murphy v
Stephen Hendry v

NB 2pm
Stephen Maguire v
Last 16 Match

7pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan v
Last 16 Match

thanks wild i think we are going to go on the tuesday if it is ok with jake at school and that :D

You have to. Who else will I eat chips with?

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:
Wild wrote:

Monday 14th Feb

11am
Ding Junhui v
Ricky Walden v

NB 1pm
Ali Carter v

NB 2pm
John Higgins v
yh i will try to do it that day i think it is the best day too :D
Mark King v

7pm
qualifier Ryan Day v
Jamie Cope v

Tuesday 15th of Feb

1pm
Mark Williams v
Mark Allen v

NB2pm
Mark Selby v
Peter Ebdon v

7pm
Neil Robertson v
Graeme Dott v

Wednesday 16th of Feb

1pm
Shaun Murphy v
Stephen Hendry v

NB 2pm
Stephen Maguire v
Last 16 Match

7pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan v
Last 16 Match

You have to. Who else will I eat chips with?

Postby SnookerFan

I wish I was going up to more days other then just Monday and Tuesday. I really enjoyed my trip to Newport last time. Pity about the best of sevens instead of 9s, as well. But I am sure I will get used to it.

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:I wish I was going up to more days other then just Monday and Tuesday. I really enjoyed my trip to Newport last time. Pity about the best of sevens instead of 9s, as well. But I am sure I will get used to it.

I all ways want to go more than one day but i have school and my dad doesn't let me have more than one day of.I am annoyed about it being less frames as well. :D

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wish I was going up to more days other then just Monday and Tuesday. I really enjoyed my trip to Newport last time. Pity about the best of sevens instead of 9s, as well. But I am sure I will get used to it.

I all ways want to go more than one day but i have school and my dad doesn't let me have more than one day of.I am annoyed about it being less frames as well. :D

yes school is a hindrance :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea wrote:

If you're lucky, you won't still be living with them at 30, like I am. <laugh>

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:

If you're lucky, you won't still be living with them at 30, like I am. <laugh>

:D unlucky

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Will BBCWales be showing this? or red button?

BBC Wales will but there was no Red Button last year until the semi finals :?

Eurosport will also be showing it <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

You can usually watch it over the BBC Website though, can't you? I remember a couple of years back, I didn't have BBC Wales, but I watched most of it via the website.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:You can usually watch it over the BBC Website though, can't you? I remember a couple of years back, I didn't have BBC Wales, but I watched most of it via the website.

its over the website WHILE BBC Wales are transmitting but when the program on BBC Ends the website coverage Ends or at least that how it was last year...

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:You can usually watch it over the BBC Website though, can't you? I remember a couple of years back, I didn't have BBC Wales, but I watched most of it via the website.

its over the website WHILE BBC Wales are transmitting but when the program on BBC Ends the website coverage Ends or at least that how it was last year...

I didn't watch much of it last season, for some reason. It was on a week or so after The Master's finished. For some reason it was a tournament I just wasn't up for. I never did know why. :huh: But, I must say, I do like the Welsh Open. I'm one of the few. I sincerely hope it's not the last time they run it.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

I didn't watch much of it last season, for some reason. It was on a week or so after The Master's finished. For some reason it was a tournament I just wasn't up for. I never did know why. :huh: But, I must say, I do like the Welsh Open. I'm one of the few. I sincerely hope it's not the last time they run it.

<ok> <ok> <ok>

Postby Wildey

the Welsh Open is here to stay it might need a new venue but i cant see there will be no welsh open any time soon.