Topic locked

Welsh Open Tickets on Sale

Postby SnookerFan

Check the World Snooker website for details. It's definately in Newport.

Any Welshies in the house? I'm tempted to go to this. An all day ticket to the firs round, £10. It's not a bad deal. And I did enjoy attending the Newport Centre, I must admit.

Re: Welsh Open Tickets on Sale

Postby Wildey

http://www2.seetickets.com/worldsnooker/welshformat.pdf

on Monday session Starts at 11 am because they are Going to carry Mathew Stevens and Ryan Day last 48 match to the venue.

also

All matches up to and including Last 16 – best of 7 frames (no intervals), Quarter Finals – best of
9 frames and Semi Finals – best of 11 frames, Final – best of 17 frames (8/9).

:chin: :chin: <doh>

Postby Roland

Will the quarter-finals be roll on roll off? If so I may have to take the day off work.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Will the quarter-finals be roll on roll off? If so I may have to take the day off work.

no the Quarter Finals will be on 2 Tables 1pm session and 7pm session.

what i dont understand is why was best of 7s never mentioned in conjunction with this event if thats the case then the point tariff for this makes more sense and im now guessing but i reckon the German Masters will be following same Format.

Postby SnookerFan

All matches up to and including Last 16 – best of 7 frames

<doh> WTF? Why can't they get it into their heads that shortening matches doesn't make them better? This is beginning to really snake hiss me off. I may rethink going to this now.

And the lack of breaks is going to affect the fans who are sat there watching snooker all day.

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:Still, I suppose that the Newport Centre is a good laugh, and the tickets and hotels are cheap.

good lad on remaining positive

Postby Casey

Well something needed done with the event, but reducing the first 2 rounds to best of 7 will make no difference imo.

I know best of 9's were common, but know there are no best of 9 events in the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:Well something needed done with the event, but reducing the first 2 rounds to best of 7 will make no difference imo.

I know best of 9's were common, but know there are no best of 9 events in the UK.

The Welsh Open comes across better in person, then on telly, imo.

Postby Bourne

I enjoyed it there when I went, parking was a bit of a bummer though, the stewards tell you where to go but it's basically a tiny side lane to a multi-storey car-park and if you miss it the first time you have to go all the way round the entire bucking thing again which takes another 10 minutes when it's busy.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:I enjoyed it there when I went, parking was a bit of a bummer though, the stewards tell you where to go but it's basically a tiny side lane to a multi-storey car-park and if you miss it the first time you have to go all the way round the entire bucking thing again which takes another 10 minutes when it's busy.

I stayed in a 30-bob a night B&B. It was pretty grim. The brekfast was a bowl of cornflakes. <laugh>

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I enjoyed it there when I went, parking was a bit of a bummer though, the stewards tell you where to go but it's basically a tiny side lane to a multi-storey car-park and if you miss it the first time you have to go all the way round the entire intercoursing thing again which takes another 10 minutes when it's busy.

I stayed in a 30-bob a night B&B. It was pretty grim. The brekfast was a bowl of cornflakes. <laugh>

Ouch ... I did find a subway after I left though because I was starving and ate it in the car while I drove home and no old bill caught me :ahh:

Postby Casey

What did you get on the Sub?

My Fav is the Subway Club with lettuce, Tomato and barbecue sauce :bowdown: :ahh:

Postby Bourne

case_master wrote:What did you get on the Sub?

My Fav is the Subway Club with lettuce, Tomato and barbecue sauce :bowdown: :ahh:

Cheese, lettuce, cucumber and olives in italian/herb baguette ... my fave :afro:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:

Cheese, lettuce, cucumber and olives in italian/herb baguette ... my fave :afro:

No meat? :limp:

Postby Bourne

case_master wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Pescatarian bro ... and proud ! Image

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
case_master wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Pescatarian bro ... and proud ! Image

Ahww, well you can still treat yourself to a tuna sub then :ahh:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I enjoyed it there when I went, parking was a bit of a bummer though, the stewards tell you where to go but it's basically a tiny side lane to a multi-storey car-park and if you miss it the first time you have to go all the way round the entire bucking thing again which takes another 10 minutes when it's busy.

yes Parking is beyond.

one year i went it was like a building site there i had to walk a mile from the car park lol

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:

yes Parking is beyond.

one year i went it was like a building site there i had to walk a mile from the car park lol

You parked, and then had to get a cab back to the Newport Centre. <laugh>