Topic locked

Re: Can Mark Williams have another spell of domination?

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's had so many near misses but as long as he keeps putting himself in strong positions, then surely he's going to come through sooner or later ? Just imagine what one tight victory over a top-eight player would suddenly do for his confidence ...

dunno mate i really think his desire and motivation is long gone

Anywhere else and I wouldn't fancy Stevens' chances of a big run much but he seems to be one of those players who gets inspired at the big stage. I don't think he's a million miles from being an outside contender personally.

but mate he made life very easy for ding last week it was like a cat playing with a mouse before getting hold of it and kill it.

i agree but chumba has a point if he did qualify for crucible and its a BIG IF he does tend to get on a roll there :)

Postby Wildey

i thought that when he qualified in 08 (he hasn't been there since) and i expected him to give Higgins a fright but it was very lame to be honest.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's had so many near misses but as long as he keeps putting himself in strong positions, then surely he's going to come through sooner or later ? Just imagine what one tight victory over a top-eight player would suddenly do for his confidence ...

dunno mate i really think his desire and motivation is long gone

Anywhere else and I wouldn't fancy Stevens' chances of a big run much but he seems to be one of those players who gets inspired at the big stage. I don't think he's a million miles from being an outside contender personally.

but mate he made life very easy for ding last week it was like a cat playing with a mouse before getting hold of it and kill it.

That's it though, I don't expect him to be contending at these minor events, he's different from the norm.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:How certain is he to be in the 17-32 bracket for World qualies btw, I mean is there any chance he'll fall out of the top-32 before then ?

there is no hope in hell of him falling out of the top 32 he is 5,770 points off Dom Dale in 33rd with only 5,000 to the WO Winner :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:OK, so he's definitely only going to have one match to play then. He was a bit unlucky to draw Gouldy last year, in the form of his life.

he lost to Marcus Campbell last year 10-9 he lost to Gould in 2009.

and before i looked it up i thought it was Gould as well omg how the time flies lol

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:OK, so he's definitely only going to have one match to play then. He was a bit unlucky to draw Gouldy last year, in the form of his life.

Oh yeh :ashamed: We've slightly gone off subject btw, let's reign it back in :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Oh yeh :ashamed: We've slightly gone off subject btw, let's reign it back in :redneck:

Mark Who :? :redneck: <laugh>