Topic locked

Re: Can Mark Williams have another spell of domination?

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:Well that depends if he's seeded to meet Ronnie early doors doesn't it?

If the rankings froze as they are now (after the updates from German Masters), what would be the seeded draw for round 2? Does Robbo sit top of the draw despite being ranked 3? Is it Higgins v Selby and Robbo v Williams as the seeded semi-final line up?

O'Sullivan is in Robertson's quarter atm. Williams would have Allen or Murphy in the quarters and Hendry in the last 16.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Well that depends if he's seeded to meet Ronnie early doors doesn't it?

If the rankings froze as they are now (after the updates from German Masters), what would be the seeded draw for round 2? Does Robbo sit top of the draw despite being ranked 3? Is it Higgins v Selby and Robbo v Williams as the seeded semi-final line up?

The way things stand the second round is -

Robbo - Fu
Higgins - Walden
Williams - Cope
Selby - Hendry :redneck:
Ding - Ebdon - a great chance for Ding to get past the second round block
Murphy - Allen
Maguire - Dott
Carter - O'Sullivan

Saying that, Hendry and Ebdon are close in the rankings so Ding could end up playing Hendry in the 2nd round for the 3rd time in four years <laugh>

Postby Bourne

I don't think it matters who you face, when you're the form player in the game, you can beat anybody especially over the longer format. And that's what Mark will be thinking, none of this negative nonsense that fans have, he WILL believe.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Robbo v Fu
Carter v ronnie

Selby v Hendry
Ding v Ebdon

Murphy v Allen
Williams v Cope

Maguire v Dott
Higgins v Walden

i think thats right

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -seedings/

Thats how the draw would look so Hendry Needs to get up to 12th He always beats Ding in the WC <cool>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Carter v ronnie

Selby v Hendry
Ding v Ebdon

Murphy v Allen
Williams v Cope

Maguire v Dott
Higgins v Walden

i think thats right

Thats how the draw would look so Hendry Needs to get up to 12th He always beats Ding in the WC <cool>

:redneck:

The world champion wont care who he faces as he will win his 2nd world title this year

<cool> :D

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:
Carter v ronnie

Selby v Hendry
Ding v Ebdon

Murphy v Allen
Williams v Cope

Maguire v Dott
Higgins v Walden

i think thats right

:redneck:

The world champion wont care who he faces as he will win his 2nd world title this year

<cool> :D

Thats how top players should feel.

when Hendry was in his pomp he could play god and he wouldn't care rubbish.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:There are not that many dangerous floaters outside of the top 16 this year.

Gould, Trump, Stevens, Day, Doherty ... choc a bloc !

out of those i would say

trump and gould are most dangerous

Matthew sadly has had his chances and cant see him doing much if he qualifies i will be surprised ;)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:There are not that many dangerous floaters outside of the top 16 this year.

Gould, Trump, Stevens, Day, Doherty ... choc a bloc !

as case said not many dangerous floaters ;)

Postby Bourne

If Stevens gets to the Crucible, he's dangerous, his problem is actually making it there. He could definitely beat several of the top 16 players on his day, and with a good draw, who knows ? :huh2:

Postby Wildey

every year you expect your grind out journeymen to prosper at qualifiers because its over 19 frames it gives chance for hard match players to come through.

Trump only Qualified once 5 years ago suerly he will make it this time.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:If Stevens gets to the Crucible, he's dangerous, his problem is actually making it there. He could definitely beat several of the top 16 players on his day, and with a good draw, who knows ? :huh2:

As io said if he quallfies he has a chance of doing well

but qualifying will be a big hurdle as usual :-(

Postby Wildey

it just shows how tough qualifying for the crucible is.

Ricky Walden is a Top 16 Player and he could get there as of Right this year but in 10 years a pro only qualified once

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:If Stevens gets to the Crucible, he's dangerous, his problem is actually making it there. He could definitely beat several of the top 16 players on his day, and with a good draw, who knows ? :huh2:

Way too many battle scars I think. I guess the ability is still there as he proved in Bahrain; but in reality he barley produces top performances.
King and Hawkings I guess are the next big threats.

Postby Bourne

He's had so many near misses but as long as he keeps putting himself in strong positions, then surely he's going to come through sooner or later ? Just imagine what one tight victory over a top-eight player would suddenly do for his confidence ...

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:He's had so many near misses but as long as he keeps putting himself in strong positions, then surely he's going to come through sooner or later ? Just imagine what one tight victory over a top-eight player would suddenly do for his confidence ...

dunno mate i really think his desire and motivation is long gone

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's had so many near misses but as long as he keeps putting himself in strong positions, then surely he's going to come through sooner or later ? Just imagine what one tight victory over a top-eight player would suddenly do for his confidence ...

Anywhere else and I wouldn't fancy Stevens' chances of a big run much but he seems to be one of those players who gets inspired at the big stage. I don't think he's a million miles from being an outside contender personally.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

Anywhere else and I wouldn't fancy Stevens' chances of a big run much but he seems to be one of those players who gets inspired at the big stage. I don't think he's a million miles from being an outside contender personally.

but mate he made life very easy for ding last week it was like a cat playing with a mouse before getting hold of it and kill it.