Topic locked

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

Looks like we'll be getting bits and pieces from Eurosport but I don't really mind because I love watching skiing too and it's only 45 minutes we'll miss. The picture on Eurosport 2 is awful though unfortunately but at least the back end of the session and tonight will be in HD :D

For those that might be interested, I highly recommend the ski-jumping currently on Eurosport HD (I'm Sky+ing to watch after the snooker). It's ski-flying and they are jumping double the normal distances, over 200m. When you watch normal ski jumping a lot of the time it's too difficult to tell a good technique from a not so good one but in the ski-flying that's when you really see it. There are quite a few crash landings and it should give an impression of how dare-devil these jumpers are.

1-0 Selby

Postby Eirebilly

Was going to drive over this morning to watch the final but the boys and i are a bit too sick after watching the rugby and indulging in 1 or 2 beers too many yesterday.

Postby Roland

jojo wrote:quite surprising they saying selby never beaten williams before williams won all four meetings but good start from selby should complete the century from here

I remember the 2nd round in 2006 well. Obviously I'd always kept an eye on the name Selby after his spell as a teenager reaching a lot of televised stages and being a name to look out for. In 2006 I was rooting for Williams but was impressed with Selby.

Then in the UK a couple of seasons back Williams beat him 9-3 in the UK round 1 when Williams was the qualifier who the seeds wanted to avoid. Selby was favourite then, but it arguably kick started Williams turnaround to where he is today.

Good start from Selby there. This should be an absolute classic.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:For those that might be interested, I highly recommend the ski-jumping currently on Eurosport HD (I'm Sky+ing to watch after the snooker). It's ski-flying and they are jumping double the normal distances, over 200m. When you watch normal ski jumping a lot of the time it's too difficult to tell a good technique from a not so good one but in the ski-flying that's when you really see it. There are quite a crash landings and it should give an impression of how dare-devil these jumpers are.

:bird: :bird: :bird:

http://www.fromsport.com/ <ok>

Postby Wildey

just to think 3 years ago anyone could beat Mark Williams christ he even lost to Trump even Hendry not reached that bad yet so theres hope for everyone <ok>

Postby Roland

When is Dott's book out? I saw Hendon on twitter say he's reading it (don't know if it's advance copy) and he has a real go at the press.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams is starting to get the consistency he had in the early naughties this is his 3 Ranking final in the last 6.

Postby Roland

That's Eurosport. No point complaining about it, it's only 45 minutes we'll miss which is one frame and the interval.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:That's Eurosport. No point complaining about it, it's only 45 minutes we'll miss which is one frame and the interval.

Still a load of rubbish!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That's Eurosport. No point complaining about it, it's only 45 minutes we'll miss which is one frame and the interval.

SAID THE SKIING FAN :redneck:

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:When is Dott's book out? I saw Hendon on twitter say he's reading it (don't know if it's advance copy) and he has a real go at the press.

March 10th

Postby Wildey

Seriously though without Eurosport we would not get to see any of it.

so chill out hold tight guys

i remember a time when the only Live Final was the second day of the World Final.

during the masters they showed the 1987 Final between Alex and Dennis none of that was shown Live until about midnight showing the last frame.

Postby Roland

Without Eurosport not only would we not be seeing it but it wouldn't be taking place. I think there's a case to say without John Higgins and Pat Mooney...

I'm looking forward to reading Dotty's book.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:Seriously though without Eurosport we would not get to see any of it.

i remember a time when the only Live Final was the second day of the World Final.

during the masters they showed the 1987 Final between Alex and Dennis none of that was shown Live until about midnight showing the last frame.

IF BBC DID THIS you would be :wild2:

are you a eurosport FB :wave: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:Seriously though without Eurosport we would not get to see any of it.

IF BBC DID THIS you would be :wild2:

are you a eurosport FB :wave: <laugh>

rofl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Looks like 2-2 at the MSI

god and they say selby is slow <laugh>

at a time i really wanted a grindfest :grrr: