Topic locked

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:POINTS
1 162 WILD
2 143 CASE
3 128 VODKADIET
4 118 SUNDAYGIRL
5 113 SMART
6 112 PLTHEREF
7 112 THECLEAVER criteria2
8 108 BOURNE
9 108 ALEX0PAUL criteria1
10 107 JADE
11 107 KOSTASMAD criteria2
12 103 RANDAM
103 JOHNMBE criteria 2
93 SONNY
62 GER147
46 GJ
32 ROCKETRON

<ok> <ok>

The Domination Carries on <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Right, people. I am knackered, so I am off for some :zzz: If there is any justice in the world, I'll be in my new flat by the time the final of the Welsh Open comes round. :D

Thank you and goodnight. :bum:

Postby GJ

wilds flukey run will end as im TD for welsh open predicts

i will make sure of it :) :D
Last edited by GJ on 07 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Casey

1 162 WILD
2 143 CASE
3 128 VODKADIET
4 118 SUNDAYGIRL
5 113 SMART
6 112 PLTHEREF
8 108 BOURNE
10 107 JADE
12 103 RANDAM
103 JOHNMBE criteria 2
93 SONNY
62 GER147
46 GJ
32 ROCKETRON

Too good Wild :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
1 162 WILD
2 143 CASE
3 128 VODKADIET
4 118 SUNDAYGIRL
5 113 SMART
6 112 PLTHEREF
8 108 BOURNE
10 107 JADE
12 103 RANDAM
103 JOHNMBE criteria 2
93 SONNY
62 GER147
46 GJ
32 ROCKETRON

<ok> <ok>

The Domination Carries on <ok>

its a weak era :D

Postby GJ

There are rumours circulating tonight over the Snooker islands predictions competition for the german masters.
A welsh man reportedly tried to bribe young patrick lowson who was the TD and young patrick informed the relevant authorites.

An investigation led by ronald leader of SI is under way .....
Last edited by GJ on 07 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:wilds flukey run will end as im TD for welsh open predicts

i will make sure of it :) :D

i think i can live with you fixing the results <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:There are rumours circulating tonight over the Snooker islands predictions competition for the german masters.
A welsh man reportedly tried to bribe young patrick lowson who was the TD and young patrick informed the relevant authorites.

rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Well done Mark Williams. Another defeat from well in front would have been disastrous for this confidence.

Now it's time for him to have a good run at the Crucible again. When was his last quarter? 2006? His last semi?

Mark Selby just showed tonight how tough he is to beat in a final.

The Crucible will answer many questions this year. I'm really looking forward to it.

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:There are rumours circulating tonight over the Snooker islands predictions competition for the german masters.

I thought I told you to keep your bloody trap shut. Prediction contests were carried out with integrity

:D

Well played wild 23 point lead now in the GC with just 5 tournaments to go but still 150 points up for grabs

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:http://www.snookerisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1313

john won the shootout last week <ok>

Postby Wildey

i loved this event from start to finish.

i think there is scope to extend it even just a day so we get both semi finals and 2 Quarter Finals live on TV

i loved the open plan because as with the UK 2 Matches is played in boxed in cubicles. with this all matches had the feel of a TV Match even though they wasent because the players had a large crowd to play 2.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Williams has a good chance now of becoming the wn1 if Higgins doesn't play at the Welsh.

i think he has a good chance even if higgins plays...

williams standard of play this week was far greater than what it was at the UK.

Postby vodkadiet

Great event, well supported.

Well played Wiiliams, and Selby for reaching the final.

I would like to see less tournaments in Britain and more in Europe.

The game is ready to move on.

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:i loved this event from start to finish.

i think there is scope to extend it even just a day so we get both semi finals and 2 Quarter Finals live on TV

i loved the open plan because as with the UK 2 Matches is played in boxed in cubicles. with this all matches had the feel of a TV Match even though they wasent because the players had a large crowd to play 2.

I don't think it needs any messing with whatsoever. I thought it was perfect. A static camera on the satellite tables is all that's needed to make it even better.

The Welsh up next - now there's an event that needs a revamp. I can see this being the last one unless something dramatic happens. The fact players are playing for Crucible spots gives it that extra edge but the German Masters was the one to win out of all remaining events leading to the Worlds.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:

I don't think it needs any messing with whatsoever. I thought it was perfect. A static camera on the satellite tables is all that's needed to make it even better.

The Welsh up next - now there's an event that needs a revamp. I can see this being the last one unless something dramatic happens. The fact players are playing for Crucible spots gives it that extra edge but the German Masters was the one to win out of all remaining events leading to the Worlds.

I like the Welsh Open, but that's possibly only because I've been. And even I must admit, the bit I like from it is the quaint charm it possesses. Newport is a dump, granted. But the fact that it is in a rather small leisure centre, somehow adds to the charm for me. It's a bit of a squeeze getting everybody in, but the fact you can nip out and have a pint or a bag of chips overlooking a swimming pool after matches is so random, it makes the tournament for me. <laugh> And there is more opportunity at Newport to meet the players then there is at Wembley. Hotels are a lot cheaper though then some place, but at the same time are a lot crapper then most places.

If this year is the last year, I'll miss it. But will always remember my visits to it. If only the first round matches weren't best of seven, but best of nine with a MSI. :sad: If it hadn't have been so close to The Masters, I'd have gone last year. But I understand they will probably have to move it at the very least. Playing in Leisure Centres in dumps like Newport won't fit in with Barry Hearn's plans to revitalise the game.

Which would be a shame, in my opinion, as I think the Newport Centre is a cracking venue. Even if the town of Newport isn't. <laugh>

Postby Iranu

Terrific tournament in pretty much all aspects.

Can anyone else see this becoming a sort of 'European Championship' as a 4th major if the trend of tournaments and popularity continues?

Postby Smart

:clap: good comment :clap:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

the Welsh will not be the Last believe me speaking as a Welsh Man in Wales yes it needs revamping but there Will be a Snooker Tournament in wales for Years and Years.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:

I like the Welsh Open, but that's possibly only because I've been. And even I must admit, the bit I like from it is the quaint charm it possesses. Newport is a dump, granted. But the fact that it is in a rather small leisure centre, somehow adds to the charm for me. It's a bit of a squeeze getting everybody in, but the fact you can nip out and have a pint or a bag of chips overlooking a swimming pool after matches is so random, it makes the tournament for me. <laugh> And there is more opportunity at Newport to meet the players then there is at Wembley. Hotels are a lot cheaper though then some place, but at the same time are a lot crapper then most places.

If this year is the last year, I'll miss it. But will always remember my visits to it. If only the first round matches weren't best of seven, but best of nine with a MSI. :sad: If it hadn't have been so close to The Masters, I'd have gone last year. But I understand they will probably have to move it at the very least. Playing in Leisure Centres in dumps like Newport won't fit in with Barry Hearn's plans to revitalise the game.

Which would be a shame, in my opinion, as I think the Newport Centre is a cracking venue. Even if the town of Newport isn't. <laugh>

<laugh> me and jade been there a few times and that comment sums it up perfectley! brilliant :clap:

Look forward to it this year..and it better not go as this is the only tournament we can travel to in under 2 hours. :eek:

Postby Witz78

Iranu wrote:Terrific tournament in pretty much all aspects.

Can anyone else see this becoming a sort of 'European Championship' as a 4th major if the trend of tournaments and popularity continues?

Its high time China held a longer format tournament IMO <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I AGREE :eek: :scared:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Witz78 wrote:

I'd like to nominate the UK Championship

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I AGREE :eek: :scared:

to think youve thought im anti-long format <doh>

im PRO-ALL formats of the game <ok>

and after the crowds in Germany last week i think the EPTC has done its work in Germany and should concentrate on other European countries.

German support is clearly there, so i think 2 full rankers can be sustained there.

At risk of taking too big a step too soon, im starting to think that the PTCs held in Sheffield behind closed doors are already not required as at worst we have 9 full rankers next season plus 6 EPTCs and would prefer to see more full rankers held over some of these 6 weekends the PTCs in Sheffield take up.