Topic locked

Re: German Masters Final Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Terrific tournament in pretty much all aspects.

Can anyone else see this becoming a sort of 'European Championship' as a 4th major if the trend of tournaments and popularity continues?

Its high time China held a longer format tournament IMO <ok>

:clap: :clap: nice post, I like it, you will go far :clap: :clap:

Postby likelylad

The tournament was a big success, audience wise. Where you can count 5 spectators (yes i counted them once) at The UK, Masters, Welsh Open and World open during the weekdays, this one had hundreds flogging in. Even the UK final is not sold out, not even having 600 on finals night. In Berlin it even topped 2500 plus. And could have been double if the venue could hold it. It also does not surprise me some UK based posters on here were not interested in this tournament. They still live in the middle ages, thinking snooker can survive solely played in the UK. Snooker will only survive if it goes more global as its doing now. Otherwise we will be left with the mickey mouse comps like power crap snooker. Its one of the reasons the World open will be moved out of the UK.
I did not like the table layout, it was a bit chaotic. I bet even down the first 2 rows one did not have a proper view on the tables. However, pretty sure Barry will continue this and it just shows Walker got the sack rightfully!

Postby SnookerFan

likelylad wrote:The tournament was a big success, audience wise. Where you can count 5 spectators (yes i counted them once) at The UK, Masters, Welsh Open and World open during the weekdays, this one had hundreds flogging in. Even the UK final is not sold out, not even having 600 on finals night. In Berlin it even topped 2500 plus. And could have been double if the venue could hold it. It also does not surprise me some UK based posters on here were not interested in this tournament. They still live in the middle ages, thinking snooker can survive solely played in the UK. Snooker will only survive if it goes more global as its doing now. Otherwise we will be left with the mickey mouse comps like power crap snooker. Its one of the reasons the World open will be moved out of the UK. I did not like the table layout, it was a bit chaotic. I bet even down the first 2 rows one did not have a proper view on the tables. However, pretty sure Barry will continue this and it just shows Walker got the sack rightfully!

I was actually thinking the World Open should go to Germany. There are more tables. So they wouldn't have to have some of the top-16 players playing their first match at the qualifying tournament, and the more attractive matches being held over to the venue. That just felt weird. Obviously this might mean early in the tournament there were more then one match going on at a time, but I personally think it's a worthy sacrifice. And might help what was a pretty dry tournament get more life.

Though, I know a lot of people on here thought it was the tournament of the season, so I don't know how others would feel.

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Youll have a chuckle at this Stalin but my mate who was at the Crucible with me last year is still banged up in the cells after getting lifted at the football yesterday

:D <laugh> :D <laugh>

throwing coins or a pitch invasion :chin:

hes famous. made the front page of the weekly local rag tonight :D