Topic locked

Re: German Masters Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!!!!!

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:This could snake hiss over the World Open. The World Open is a week of short matches, played before a small, rather bored crowd. Have you seen how many Germans are in the house? We could really make this work...

And the layout gives it a unique look. <ok>

so what are you saying? play the World Open here?

to be honest this crowd dont look that lively either :chin:

plus the Glasgow crowd wasnt that bored? Didnt you hear all the drunken CMON PETE shout outs :innocent:

for me the ideal place for the World Open would be Blackpool <ok>

however from a selfish point of view i think there should be a tournament in Scotland, infact there should be one in all of the home nations. Worst case scenario take a PTC event to each of these countries if a full blown ranker cant be accomodated

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
PTC finals over 5 days

only 24 players

best of 7s

and we will see far more action <ok>

(and did i mention Trumpy will be there <cool> )

who's he :redneck: ;)

DID STEVENS QUALIFY ?

yeh faces Greene in the first round <ok>

cheers witz

is it on sky or eurosport mate and our all matches on tv ?

Eurosport

2 table set up i believe

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This could snake hiss over the World Open. The World Open is a week of short matches, played before a small, rather bored crowd. Have you seen how many Germans are in the house? We could really make this work...

And the layout gives it a unique look. <ok>

so what are you saying? play the World Open here?

to be honest this crowd dont look that lively either :chin:

plus the Glasgow crowd wasnt that bored? Didnt you hear all the drunken CMON PETE shout outs :innocent:

for me the ideal place for the World Open would be Blackpool <ok>

however from a selfish point of view i think there should be a tournament in Scotland, infact there should be one in all of the home nations. Worst case scenario take a PTC event to each of these countries if a full blown ranker cant be accomodated

A ranker in Blackpool has to be done, doesn't it? <ok>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:The length is the only complaint.

"I must say, I'm more psyched for this then I was for the World Open, Power Snooker or the Shoot Out. What are other people's thoughts?"

<ok>

are you for real or are you taking your purists fanboyism to extremes? :scared:

there was a million times more enthusiasm for the Shootout last week than there is for this event <ok>

Postby Wildey

This has been a experiment in every way never before have they played 5 Tables or open Plan .

Open Plan has Worked not sure about the 5 Tables.

i think it should be Longer to get more Matches on Air.

tomorrow Quarter on TV is Selby v Ding....

There is a chance a player could reach the Final without Playing on TV.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

"I must say, I'm more psyched for this then I was for the World Open, Power Snooker or the Shoot Out. What are other people's thoughts?"

<ok>

there was a million times more enthusiasm for the Shootout last week than there is for this event <ok>

Im being honest here for me this pisses all over the Shootout

Postby jojo

i think its a good quarter final line up none of the matches are that easy to call

maguire v dott
selby v ding
williams v perry
swail v fu

personally i think the best match will be between selby and ding and that is on the tv table though i dont think theres a big favourite in any of the matches

i think maguire will edge dott as i think this may be the tournament where he wins again you look how the draws opened up and this is his chance he was number two recently

i think ding wll beat selby though it will be really tight its just ding seems to be playing with much more confidence more mature and theres no one he will fear in the draw with whats left

have a sneaky feeling for perry against williams who definitely been playing better but not quite the williams of old level

swail and fu the obvious choice is fu but swail got no pressure on him and he enjoying his run his confidence high as for fu he doesnt have any serious weapons but every aspect of his game is solid i think he will beat swail

Postby Wildey

unlike other Multi table tournaments Playing on one of the non TV Tables wont actually Feel any different to the Players its just one Big arena with enough atmosphere to go around so on that basis i think they on to something Here.

probably the only table that misses out is the main table because thats furthest from the crowd.

Postby vodkadiet

Apparently Hearn wanted the semis and final going on at the same time, but couldn't work out a way of getting this to happen to the satisfaction of the players.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The tournament could have done with an extra day. The five table set up is fine but the semi's should always be played apart. I've only seen bits of it but the Snooker has seemed good, having a good crowd makes everything look better, even if the noise is always diluted on Eurosport. For a first time event it's been pretty good especially when compared to the dull events China tends to have, they should try it out over there.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

<ok>

To be fair, I said that before the Shootout was such a success. It was a quote from the post Wild put a link to earlier in the thread. <laugh>

But I was psyched about this to be honest. A new ranking event, with best of 9s which are quite rare these. Though the Shootout did provide excitement, even to the small amount I saw, I was psyched about a new televised ranking event on the calendar. Who wouldn't be? And in a location that's becoming a hotbed of snooker fans. To me, that's a lot more exciting then shortening the matches in an established ranker, and calling it The World Open. :roll:

The only complaint is that it's too short. But, as Wild says, I made that point before the tournament happened and everyboday was saying it looked good and now suddenly everybody is agreeing.

One thing that is interesting to me is how the four table layout looks to the people with tickets. Is it a good thing, or does it distract? Maybe Monique could tell us. It looks good on TV though, to those of us with tickets. Maybe, as there are four tables going on at one time, we could find a way to bring in players lower down the rankings to make it a week long, and give us the opportunity to watch more matches. <ok> Sounds good to me.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:This has been a experiment in every way never before have they played 5 Tables or open Plan .

Yeah, that would be a way to extend it. Same format, but with 3 tables rather then 5. It is clustered/too short. Make it a week next year, or 9 days to include weekends. <ok> Needs tweaks, but now it's got such large crowds, I think Hearn should look to tweak it next year.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Apparently Hearn wanted the semis and final going on at the same time, but couldn't work out a way of getting this to happen to the satisfaction of the players.

Not a fan of that, to be honest. I like the way Snooker Final Sunday is a special day at the tail end of the tournament, giving prestige to the two men that walk into the arena that day. It gives you a feel of being a special day for them, appearing in the final of a ranker.

Pity Eurosport is only showing about an hour of it. :roll:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Apparently Hearn wanted the semis and final going on at the same time, but couldn't work out a way of getting this to happen to the satisfaction of the players.

Not a fan of that, to be honest. I like the way Snooker Final Sunday is a special day at the tail end of the tournament, giving prestige to the two men that walk into the arena that day. It gives you a feel of being a special day for them, appearing in the final of a ranker.

Pity Eurosport is only showing about an hour of it. :roll:

Er, plus it wouldnt be much of the final if the semi finals were still being played.......... :john:

Postby Casey

I think the tournament has been very good. I love the set up and I have no doubt the crowd love it too.

I know a good few of the top players went missing early doors but the situation with Robbo and Higgins is an exception rather than the rule.

It certainly feels like a proper ranker to me; one of the first things Hearn said when looking to take the game was that a week is too long for events. I reckon more events in the future will be shortened.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:This has been a experiment in every way never before have they played 5 Tables or open Plan .

Yeah, that would be a way to extend it. Same format, but with 3 tables rather then 5. It is clustered/too short. Make it a week next year, or 9 days to include weekends. <ok> Needs tweaks, but now it's got such large crowds, I think Hearn should look to tweak it next year.

yes take the Main Table closer to the crowd and have 2 tables either side of it with a Open Plan and extend the tournament to monday through Sunday.

monday 8 wild cards
morning 2 match
afternoon 3 match
evening 3 Match

tuesday 8 last 32
morning 2 match
afternoon 3 match
evening 3 Match

wednsday 8 Last 32
morning 2 match
afternoon 3 match
evening 3 Match

Thursday 8 Last 16
morning 2 match
afternoon 3 match
evening 3 Match

Friday Quarters
afternoon 2 match
evening 2 Match

Saturday semis
afternoon 1 match
evening 1 Match

Sunday final

Postby Wildey

as i said before with this set up even the outside tables feels like a TV Venue match unlike playing in shoe boxes at the UK For 2 out of 4 matches.