Topic locked

Re: German Masters Wild Card and Last 32 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

That was a great match, thoroughly enjoyed it. Robbo was battling and I fancied him at 4-4 but watching Anthony construct that break was great viewing. Those two shots which were touch and go - we all know what they are like to play, you want to play them, then when you get down on the shot you're not sure if they go so you stand up and then try to convince yourself it will go. Jan Verhaas going to the other tables to find a decent spider was snake hiss funny, and then when Anthony played the red and potted it, like seems to happen, it went in the middle of the pocket so it was always on. And then the white landed tight to the red leaving another scenario exactly the same, touch and go. He seemed doomed but worked his way into perfect position and got a 3rd century. He's 11 on the all time list and that's why, once he's in around the black spot he plays the right shots and never loses the white. A great victory for him because Robbo perked himself but left it a bit too late.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:This will be good for me as the mug bookies will put his odds bigger for the worlds

:D <cool>

That's because he isn't going to win the worlds.

did you copy that from this time last year :farmer: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:That was a great match, thoroughly enjoyed it. Robbo was battling and I fancied him at 4-4 but watching Anthony construct that break was great viewing. Those two shots which were touch and go - we all know what they are like to play, you want to play them, then when you get down on the shot you're not sure if they go so you stand up and then try to convince yourself it will go. Jan Verhaas going to the other tables to find a decent spider was snake hiss funny, and then when Anthony played the red and potted it, like seems to happen, it went in the middle of the pocket so it was always on. And then the white landed tight to the red leaving another scenario exactly the same, touch and go. He seemed doomed but worked his way into perfect position and got a 3rd century. He's 11 on the all time list and that's why, once he's in around the black spot he plays the right shots and never loses the white. A great victory for him because Robbo perked himself but left it a bit too late.

Top man. Couldn't have put it better myself. <ok>

Postby Witz78

John Higgins v Robert Milkins - COME ON MILKY
Mark Williams v Anthony McGill - COME ON ANTS, MAKE ME PROUD TO BE SCOTTISH :scared:
Mark King v Marco Fu - COME ON KINGY
Stephen Maguire v Daniel Wells - COME ON WELLSY
Anthony Hamilton v Graeme Dott - COME ON HAMMY
Mark Selby v Stephen Hendry- COME ON WIGGY
Peter Ebdon v Ding Junhui - COME ON PETE, FORCE DING INTO SUBMISSION, YOUVE STILL GOT THE POWER :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Shaun Murphy v Mark Allen - ALLEN <doh> Come on SWAIL <ok>
Ricky Walden v Maguire/Wells - COME ON WELLS
Dominic Dale v Williams/McGill - COME ON :limp:
Joe Perry v Ali Carter - COME ON JP
King/Fu v Higgins/Milkins - ANYONE BUT HIGGINS :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:This will be good for me as the mug bookies will put his odds bigger for the worlds

:D <cool>

That's because he isn't going to win the worlds.

did you copy that from this time last year :farmer: <laugh>

No.

I just feel, that though he's one of the top players in the world at the moment, it'll be hard for him to defend the title. It always is. When you're the World Champion, you become a bigger scalp to beat. Yes, he won the World Open, but what else has he done? And they were best of fives. I don't know who will win, but I just have a gut feeling Neil Robertson won't. What with the pressures of being defending champ of the most important tourney, being a dad, being unable to catch public transport properly, being unable to tell the time properly and having the Crucible Curse stigma attached to him, it's going to be very difficult for him.

He'll win more then one World Title though before he retires.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:having the Crucible Curse stigma attached to him

Oh ffs rofl

I mean as a psychological point, not as a realistically cursed point. Every match he's in, the commentators will be mentioning it. Hazel will be in studio with Steve and John who are bound to cause us much merriment with Crucible Curse jokes. He'll know he's on course to be the first person to do something. And if he forgets, some prat will remind him in an interview. (John Parrott. :wave: )

It will add pressure, even though it's just a idiot way of saying; "Only Hendry and Davis have successfully defended a Crucible title."

Postby randam05

I really really like hamilton, always have done. Such a great methodical player and I think, personally, a great player to learn from watching him. Met him at the EPTC4 and he was really nice, spent time speaking to us and having a joke around. Hes so laid back and eccentric with distinctive appearance which is what I love.

Over the moon to see him win tonight and 3 centuries! not many players do that in a best of 9 ever. Was actually super seeing him do that. Best match ive seen in a while. Ooo not to mention the pressure hes under in that deciding frame! to construct a century = class.

Postby randam05

Joe swail = :love:

Quote swail.. "I've had problems on and off the table in the last few years and that affected my concentration but now that is settled, I feel I'm getting back to my best," said Swail. "Mark is one of the best players in the World and when we spoke last night it was clear we didn't really want to face the other - we practice together a lot and it's not a game we wanted. But I'm delighted to get through and prove that there's life in the old dog yet, it's been a culture shock having to go through qualifiers to get to this stage and I don't want to scratch around in the game, I want to be at the top of the sport."

:-( hes such a lovely guy, remember his interview after his welsh open semi final where he won? it meant so much to him that he was in tears, he seems to have had some bad times and hes so nice..i wish him all the best in this tournament :) :love:

Postby GJ

it's been a culture shock having to go through qualifiers to get to this stage

hasnt he spent half his career in quallies so why is it now a culture shock :roll: :?

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:it's been a culture shock having to go through qualifiers to get to this stage

hasnt he spent half his career in quallies so why is it now a culture shock :roll: :?

well yh i questioned that bit :chin: lol strange

Postby Alex0paul

randam05 wrote: :-( hes such a lovely guy, remember his interview after his welsh open semi final where he won? it meant so much to him that he was in tears, he seems to have had some bad times and hes so nice..i wish him all the best in this tournament :) :love:

Always been a huge Swail fan. Best moment was when he was clearing up to beat Parrott 13-12 in the last of the 2000 WC and he had tears streaming down his face. I'd love it if he beat Murphy, love it.

Postby randam05

Alex0paul WC wrote:
randam05 wrote: :-( hes such a lovely guy, remember his interview after his welsh open semi final where he won? it meant so much to him that he was in tears, he seems to have had some bad times and hes so nice..i wish him all the best in this tournament :) :love:

Always been a huge Swail fan. Best moment was when he was clearing up to beat Parrott 13-12 in the last of the 2000 WC and he had tears streaming down his face. I'd love it if he beat Murphy, love it.

Ive always liked him a lot too, especially since his match against wenbo at 2008 WC. Ooo that sounds like a great match, will have to try buying it. I would love to see him beat murphy too although i like murphs.

But it gave me goosebumps when he reached his first final and he was having his interview almost crying, was really emotionally showing how much it meant..cant fine it anywhere though, none of that match actually :sad: anyone know where i can view?

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:it's been a culture shock having to go through qualifiers to get to this stage

ffs hes only been top 16 4 times in 20 years....

he is the only player ever that's drooped out of the top 32 and got back in to the top 16 if any player is used to qualifying its Joe Swail

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

he is the only player ever that's drooped out of the top 32 and got back in to the top 16 if any player is used to qualifying its Joe Swail

Technically Rex Williams also did it too.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:
Wild wrote:

Technically Rex Williams also did it too.

yes but i was looking at after queen victoria :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I think I went for Milkins to pull off a shock result <doh>

John gone off the boil milkins had a great chance for 3-2 and hes missed while in john now has that chance.