Stephen Hendry
44%
Judd Trump
56%

Total votes : 16

Re: European Masters 2010 R1: Hendry vs Trump

Postby SnookerFan

This match is :zzz:

Surely Ding vs Stevens is a far more mouthwatering match then this. That's the choice match of the first round. And to be honest, I'd put Ronnie vs Dominic Dale ahead of this, but only because I'm Dale fan. Dale = :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:This match is :zzz:

Surely Ding vs Stevens is a far more mouthwatering match then this. That's the choice match of the first round. And to be honest, I'd put Ronnie vs Dominic Dale ahead of this, but only because I'm Dale fan. Dale = :bowdown:

this is the match that will define trump as a failure <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

Not really. If he loses, it'll just be another loss amongst many. If he wins, he'll have beaten an old has-been, and will move on to lose to whoever he plays in the next round.

Judd Trump had one decent run in a tournament, whereby he knocked out Ronnie O'Sullivan. Thereby, he has the quality to win big-time matches. But, since then has done absolutely bugger all. To call him the future of the sport is a :wave: opinion. To call him somebody with potential, who needs to show us that he can win on a consistent basis is more accurate.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

Not really. If he loses, it'll just be another loss amongst many. If he wins, he'll have beaten an old has-been, and will move on to lose to whoever he plays in the next round.

Judd Trump had one decent run in a tournament, whereby he knocked out Ronnie O'Sullivan. Thereby, he has the quality to win big-time matches. But, since then has done absolutely bugger all. To call him the future of the sport is a :wave: opinion. To call him somebody with potential, who needs to show us that he can win on a consistent basis is more accurate.

if he loses he loses to a 17 year old kid from the 80s thats still better than him as a has been in 2011 <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Chairman of the JT-hatahs club :wave: :zzz:

More opinions please.

Not in the slightest. I'd love to see him win tournaments. He's a young, poster-boy type who it'd be great to see winning majors. I just don't see what he's done to persuade anybody that he has potential to consistenly win tournaments. If anybody wishes to fill me in, I'd love to hear it. Anybody who can knock Ronnie out of tournaments is okay with me. <laugh>
Last edited by SnookerFan on 23 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

He did win the Championship League, the Masters qualifiers and a PTC event so he has shown he's good at winning tournaments. Although anyone who qualifies for the World Championship as a 17 year old is going to have raised expectations and to miss out the next three years running is going get critisism.

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He did win the Championship League, the Masters qualifiers and a PTC event so he has shown he's good at winning tournaments. Although anyone who qualifies for the World Championship as a 17 year old is going to have raised expectations and to miss out the next three years running is going get critisism.

Barry Pinches and Stuart Bingham is used to winning tournaments of that scale so being a journeyman is his life ambition <ok> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Okay, saying he has done bugger all maybe harsh. But, as Wild says if winning a PTC is a sign of the future, then so is Barry Pinches and Michael Holt.

I've got nothing against Judd Trump, and I do wish him well. I just think he seems the sort of player to have skills. (See his named success in non-televised events.) However, I think he doesn't seem to be able to carry that form over the television stages just yet. Maybe it's the huge amount of pressure put on him by people who are hyping him up as having a massive future in the sport. Maybe he just gets nervous in front of a crowd or television camera. Whatever the reason, I can't see him being as great as some people think he is going to be. A lot of people act like he's the second coming of Ronnie, which personally I don't think he is.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we start seeing him winning rankers on a consistent basis. If he's going to start doing so, a tournament like this in Europe, which is good to have on the calendar, but is far from being a major is a good place to start. Hendry isn't the strongest of the top-16 players, so I hope Judd can push on.

Don't see him winning this tournament mind.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Okay, saying he has done bugger all maybe harsh. But, as Wild says if winning a PTC is a sign of the future, then so is Barry Pinches and Michael Holt.

I've got nothing against Judd Trump, and I do wish him well. I just think he seems the sort of player to have skills. (See his named success in non-televised events.) However, I think he doesn't seem to be able to carry that form over the television stages just yet. Maybe it's the huge amount of pressure put on him by people who are hyping him up as having a massive future in the sport. Maybe he just gets nervous in front of a crowd or television camera. Whatever the reason, I can't see him being as great as some people think he is going to be. A lot of people act like he's the second coming of Ronnie, which personally I don't think he is.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we start seeing him winning rankers on a consistent basis. If he's going to start doing so, a tournament like this in Europe, which is good to have on the calendar, but is far from being a major is a good place to start. Hendry isn't the strongest of the top-16 players, so I hope Judd can push on.

Don't see him winning this tournament mind.

Judd hater :idea:

Postby Black2white

<ok> I'd love him to do well in his career
but I think he is a type of person he doesn't put much effort in practice and lacks determination, for me it looks like snooker is not his main priority at this stage of his life

Postby SnookerFan

Black2white wrote:<ok> I'd love him to do well in his career
but I think he is a type of person he doesn't put much effort in practice and lacks determination, for me it looks like snooker is not his main priority at this stage of his life

Hatah. :fart:

Postby Wildey

The Bookies could make Trump 1/15 and he would still loose in that match....

im not even worried about it piece of snake hiss for Stephen.

Postby Bourne

I bet it's Hendo's convincing displays in the CL and Masters that have made you so certain :redneck: What is it, one win in about 8 matches ? Fearsome stuff :excited:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Trump being rubbish <ok>

if Trumps rubbish then Hendrys the sewer full of all the rubbish in the street :stir:

Hendry is your Right.

and he will just show how far below rubbish in the street Trump is <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild I can tell by your demeanour these past few days you're getting really nervous about Hendo's chances :afro:

not at all.

me getting snake hissed off with cretins online is what's affecting my demeanour these past few days what happens on thursday wont affect me. firstly Hendry will win no question and i will still be snake hissed off with the same cretins <ok>

Postby Bourne

So you're going to be doubly snake hissed off ? Sonny can we stick up some sort of rehab/samaritans type thread here so that people like wild can talk about their problems and get help <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So you're going to be doubly snake hissed off ? Sonny can we stick up some sort of rehab/samaritans type thread here so that people like wild can talk about their problems and get help <ok>

mate theres more chance of apointing seifer a mod on snooker island than there is of Trump beating Hendry

ask sonny what's the chance of that then you might have some idea of the task in hand <ok>

Postby randam05

Ronnie dale is pick of the first round for me too..

And youre a dale fan too!!?? im a huge dale fan, think hes fantastic and when on full form (like at shanghai 2007) he is top 4 standard.

Great guy too. Hopefully when we meet at welsh open SF he will be there, as i met him there last time. Was nice to chat to him. :D

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:

Ronnie dale is pick of the first round for me too..

And youre a dale fan too!!?? im a huge dale fan, think hes fantastic and when on full form (like at shanghai 2007) he is top 4 standard.

Great guy too. Hopefully when we meet at welsh open SF he will be there, as i met him there last time. Was nice to chat to him. :D

He was around when I was there in 2009, but I didn't get his autograph. He's one I still need to collect. I watched him put a hurting on Liang Wenbo in that tournament, but didn't get his signature in my book. Dale = :bowdown: