Topic locked

German Masters Qualifying!!!!!

Postby Wildey

December 14-17, 2010 World Snooker Academy, Sheffield

The Qualifying for the New German Masters Gets underway with Steve Davis for the first time in 30+ Years having to win 3 Matches to get to a venue.

The Structure is slightly different to other Ranking Tournaments where Players Ranked 33-64 will play players Ranked 65-96 in the first Round then the winners of thoes Matches plays each other to find 16 players to play players ranked 17 to 32 in the final qualifying round.

as of yet Seeded positions arent known for this Tournament until After the UK Championship and as soon as Possible the New Rankings will be Published and the Draw will take place on Monday Morning for a 10am Start on Tuesday at the Academy.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

Re: German Masters Qualifying!!!!!

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Image
December 14-17, 2010 World Snooker Academy, Sheffield

The Qualifying for the New German Masters Gets underway with Steve Davis for the first time in 30+ Years having to win 3 Matches to get to a venue.

The Structure is slightly different to other Ranking Tournaments where Players Ranked 33-64 will play players Ranked 65-96 in the first Round then the winners of thoes Matches plays each other to find 16 players to play players ranked 17 to 32 in the final qualifying round.

as of yet Seeded positions arent known for this Tournament until After the UK Championship and as soon as Possible the New Rankings will be Published and the Draw will take place on Monday Morning for a 10am Start on Tuesday at the Academy.

When the Draw is available i will post it HERE

FORMAT OF PLAY HERE

its a fairer qualifying format and one ive long championed as it makes it more of a level playing field for all and takes away the protection the higher ranked players have of having to play less qualifiers etc, plus it wont be a case of all the new young players on tour bashing each other up in the first qualifying round.

We should see some new names in Germany thanks to this.

Technically Davis has played in the Masters qualifying tournament before where he had to win more than 3 matches to get to a venue <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Technically Davis has played in the Masters qualifying tournament before where he had to win more than 3 matches to get to a venue <ok>

From Memory Steve has never entered the Masters Qualifying Tournament.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Technically Davis has played in the Masters qualifying tournament before where he had to win more than 3 matches to get to a venue <ok>

I thought he had but cant see any evidence instantly so you may well be correct :wild2:

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

How come he hasn't entered it the past couple of years?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

How come he hasn't entered it the past couple of years?

couldn't be arssed i guess.

unlike jimmy who would enter a bank with a mask :redneck: Steve doesn't.

Postby randam05

Ultimate_snooker wrote:do people want me to run a prediction contest for this? 10 votes and i will

sounds good ultimate, happy to run with you again if you would like, or go ahead by yourself if you want..i dont mind either way cause i enjoy doing it but have work to do so you can choose if you want my help or not needed. :)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Do we yet know if anyone's streaming the main tournament, Eurosport ?

Eurosport has a contract to show all WPBSA Ranking Tournaments <ok>

Postby Wildey

heres a Question for Witz.

Jimmy White the old 48 year old or Judd Trump the young 20 something at the venue in Germany ??

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's not Ronnie is it? :redneck:

na its Paul Davies although im not Convinced Ronnie will be there though. <ok>

Postby Wildey

as World Champion Neil Robertson Will be top seed For the German Masters Even if John Higgins gets back to no 1 Tomorrow.

German Masters Top 16 seeds

1 Neil Robertson
2 John Higgins
3 Mark Williams
4 Ding Junhui
5 Shaun Murphy
6 Mark Selby
7 Ali Carter
8 Stephen Maguire
9 Ronnie O'Sullivan
10 Graeme Dott
11 Mark Allen
12 Peter Ebdon
13 Jamie Cope
14 Stephen Hendry
15 Ricky Walden
16 Mark King

Postby Roland

Good to see Cope at 13 so there's still room to get over recent results and stay in the 16 and of course congratulations to Ricky Walden in reaching the top 16.

Postby Wildey

well the UK Championship is over one of the best ever but its onwards and upwards just because its Christmas Barry Hearn has not finished Working Players Yet.

Ricky Walden by getting in the top 16 for the first time can enjoy more time with the family but for 79 players its back on the baize in Sheffield over the next 4 Days.

79 because Paul Davies wont be appearing he has not entered the German Masters......Mike Dunn getting a Bye in to Round 2.

Postby randam05

come on hamilton, o brien, lisowski, pinches, bond, white, drago and hicks. this is going to be interesting i feel. Looking forward to it.

Postby randam05

anyone running a predicts for this, or is it pointless? I would and will if there is demand, but got so much going on with a levels.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:anyone running a predicts for this, or is it pointless? I would and will if there is demand, but got so much going on with a levels.

just let this play out mate

i think we only do qualifying for UK and Worlds <ok>

Postby GJ

when is the main draw available ?