Topic locked

More From The Thunder

Postby GJ

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world_champ ... tm?tid=154

Neil Robertson may not have realised the full impact of becoming the first Australian to win the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship when he potted the final ball at 00.50 on Tuesday morning, but he has been left in no doubt less than twenty four hours later.

“Feels like I haven’t gone to bed yet, still a surreal experience. I’m still waiting for someone to pinch me and make sure it’s not a dream.
It won’t sink in for quite sometime. Absolutely fantastic, I must have had about a 100 messages so far. The reception from back home has been incredible, the TV crews have been outside my Dad’s house and all the biggest newspapers have been interviewing him and my brother and the rest of my family.
“I’m a but overwhelmed really, when I got to the semis last year it was great but this is on a completely different planet and I’m really excited for everyone,” said the 28-year-old.
As if the pressure of performing on the game’s biggest stage wasn’t enough his Mum, Alison flew in to watch her son play for the first time.

“I was really proud that my Mum came over. I had to hold back the tears when I waved at the end. It’s an emotional occasion as she has never seen me play professionally so to do that at the World Championship was fantastic. Maybe I’ll bring her over for all the events!”

Whilst he potted his way to the title against a resurgent Graeme Dott, his girlfriend Mille is due to give birth to their first child at anytime. Robertson flew out to Oslo to be with her on Tuesday.

The Thunder from Down Under has collected two titles this season and at last month’s China Open he made his first ever professional maximum.

“At the start of the season I wanted to make sure of my top four place and managed to do that by winning the Grand Prix and the World Title in the same season, is absolutely fantastic. I’m going to become a big scalp, so I’m going to have to work hard so I can live upto the expectations of being World Champion and dealing with those pressures.

“I’ve won five world ranking tournaments now so I’ve learnt to deal with the pressure of winning, it’s a challenge and I’m really looking forward to next season.

“I don’t know if anyone else has done that but I’m pretty proud, there are a lot of players who get to ranking event finals and don’t win one. You need a little bit of luck and a lot of hard work but really happy that I’m 5-0.”

When he returns to the practise table, Robertson’s world will have changed forever. The title of World Champion will take some getting used to as will the joy of fatherhood but the laid back Australian is relishing both challenges.

source - world snooker site

Re: More From The Thunder

Postby Bourne

Robbo said the other day that he had to revise his goals now that he's won the biggest title in the sport, what do you think his goals should be now GJ ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Robbo said the other day that he had to revise his goals now that he's won the biggest title in the sport, what do you think his goals should be now GJ ?

world number 1
aim to win the uk or masters next season
to break the crucible curse

:ahh:

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Robbo said the other day that he had to revise his goals now that he's won the biggest title in the sport, what do you think his goals should be now GJ ?

world number 1

All in the same season ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

world number 1

All in the same season ?

well i think the confidence he will get world number 1 is achievable next season
now that he has won the worlds the uk would be a nice title for him or the masters
if robbo plays well no reason why he cant successfully defend his world title next year

all realistic goals :afro:

Postby Roland

Beat Mark Selby should be his number 1 goal :redneck:

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:i think he can break the crucible curse, he is the one player i feel can do it.

Uk and masters would be good aswell

Anyone getting carried away?

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:i think he can break the crucible curse, he is the one player i feel can do it.

Uk and masters would be good aswell

Anyone getting carried away?

no :afro:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

world number 1

All in the same season ?

no point turning up if you dont think you going to win the tournaments and from being World Champion thoes goals are more realistic than ever.

Postby GJ

robbo will be seeded either 1 or 2 for every tournament next season :D :ahh:

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:robbo will be seeded either 1 or 2 for every tournament next season :D :ahh:

:ahh: good lad robbo :bowdown:

aus and chineese will take over the sport over the next 10 years, mark my words

next years WC will be robbos or Dings

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
world number 1

All in the same season ?

no point turning up if you dont think you going to win the tournaments and from being World Champion thoes goals are more realistic than ever.

Nothing wrong with confidence, but then anything short of this becomes a disappointment and a letdown then.

Postby Roland

I just want him and Selby to start meeting each other so we can really see who's better between them. Bloody Dott ruined the party didn't he? A Robbo v Selby final would've been class.

Postby GJ

im sure Robbo WC will rise to the challenge when he faces selby

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:All in the same season ?

Nothing wrong with confidence, but then anything short of this becomes a disappointment and a letdown then.

you need goals and i think his goals is slightly less than GJs lol

i think his goal would be to be more consistant get to No 1 by right and possibly winning another Ranking tournament.

so many first time winners has been disapointed the following season i believe his goal is to not be.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I just want him and Selby to start meeting each other so we can really see who's better between them. Bloody Dott ruined the party didn't he? A Robbo v Selby final would've been class.

Yeh it was all Dott's fault :redneck: