Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Discussion !!!!

Postby Roland

I still get the feeling Dotty is going to grab this match by the throat. The luck has to change soon for the wee man, he's the one who is trying to make things happen here.

Postby Roland

I just got Dotty at 5/4 on Betfred.

Would you believe the odds Betfred were offering for a 147 during the next session was only 33/1 when I was there? That's ridiculous, it's like saying they expect one in each semi as well as the final!

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Hate to be a miserable git but do you think that either/both of these fellows has thought "best win 250 grand now because the game might go down the pan"???

no

since the football scandal involving bruce grobelar football has flourished

Postby Roland

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:they have made a experiment where they loaded chalk on the object ball and on cueball and it didn't kick.

sonny whats your reply? wild has got a valid point here

Chalk causes some kicks. Most kicks occur when you slow roll a shot on a thin cloth so i guess when you hit a ball harder the chalk is crushed and it doesn't have an impact on the collision. I think it's not true that you get kicks when one ball has left the bed of the table, it's something to do with friction as in balls gripping at point of contact.

There was a guy who posted the solution to kicks but he seems to have gone unnoticed. He was right, he did all the experiments and the answer is to polish the balls with furnature polish. This would inevitably lessen the friction at point of contact and in tests it eliminated kicks. The only issue is balls slide off each other more so reds would split better. In which case, thicken the cloth and polish the balls and you'll have near perfect playing conditions. But no one will listen to that.

Postby Wildey

the most important thing from the games point of view how its handled and so far Barry Hearn full marks :clap: :clap:

now snooker <ok>

This frame is important for Neil Robertson just to do to dott what dott did to selby just keep a distance between them

Postby Roland

This Crucible crowd.... I've lost count of the number of pots Robbo has made where the position has been awful yet he still get applause. There was one this afternoon where the red was right over the corner pocket and the white was 12 ft away at the other end, but he couldn't miss it. He potted it and the white trickled into the reds and he was snookered on all colours, yet he got a big round of applause. <doh>

Postby gallantrabbit

I agree Wild. Sorry for taking your concentration away.
I'd like to say "Come on ________!!!!!!" but I can't really decide who I want to win. .....
Ok I'm going with Robbo on a respot long after midnight with 18.9 BBC viewers