Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Let's hope it goes all the way then hey boys!

for me i dont mind i love Late Nighters but its not fair on the little kids or people in Europe having the first frames played at 9pm their time.

Postby Eirebilly

Afternoon all, been away for the weekend working :sad: . Just got back and was shocked to see what has happened in snooker and on this forum. Whats going on? Have you seriously upset someone Sonny??

Anyway back to that match at hand, as i have seen nothing, how has the quality of snooker been?

Postby Roland

Hi eirebilly. The final hasn't been great so far but I expect it'll be more exciting tonight when the winning line is in sight. I just want to see Dott play as well as he did against Selby.

Regarding the site, no idea who I've upset enough to do that. Possibly Eurotrash who I banned for his constant anti-Selby stuff in all of his posts (as in ALL of his posts :redneck: ) but I doubt he'd be sad enough to try and destroy the forum. Anyway, let's just say I have my contacts who are looking into the matter.

Postby Eirebilly

So its not been the highest quality, thats a shame because i feel that these two have played some very good snooker this tournement. Is it me or is Robbo taking a very long time to make shots?? :eek:

Well i hope you catch whoever did it Sonny. I cant stand hackers, they are the lowest forms of life.

Postby Roland

I don't think I've ever felt this flat before the final session of the World Championships. Anyone else feel the same? I'm usually buzzing and the time passes ridiculously slow between sessions. This hasn't felt like a final.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I don't think I've ever felt this flat before the final session of the World Championships. Anyone else feel the same? I'm usually buzzing and the time passes ridiculously slow between sessions. This hasn't felt like a final.

in a word no i don't feel flat i will not let scum or anything else dampen my spirit regarding this game EVER as Barry Hearn said thats being sorted out the two men in the final thats important and the match ahead everything else is insignificant.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:I don't think I've ever felt this flat before the final session of the World Championships. Anyone else feel the same? I'm usually buzzing and the time passes ridiculously slow between sessions. This hasn't felt like a final.

in a word no i don't feel flat i will not let scum or anything else dampen my spirit regarding this game EVER as Barry Hearn said thats being sorted out the two men in the final thats important and the match ahead everything else is insignificant.

I don't think it's a bad final though maybe events off the table may be contributing to " a flat feeling "

On a personal level I think I do miss those nostalgic finals from the early 1990s where we'd see Jimmy White trying to win his first WC . 1992 and 1994 were breath taking classics and I think most finals after that lacked a bit of drama

Looks like we'll be getting a very late finish tonight

Postby Wildey

ill Tell you one thing that is making me slightly flat not the Final not the snooker in the final but how much time snooker fans are giving to the John Higgins incident when theres two men playing their balls off to be World Champion. i feel so sorry for them everytime i go from forum to forum on 606 theres 14 stories regarding John Higgins on the first page of articles and 6 on the front page of TSF thats depressing me.

Postby Lucky

Even if one player gets on a roll and wins a fair few on the spin, there is no way this will finish before midnight! I'm all for a late-ish finish but this could get ridiculous. I honestly can't see this being done before 1 am.......which is a pile of marmite for us poor chameleons who have to get up at 6.30 in the am!!!! Why the buck they start the sessions an hour later on the final day is beyond me, they must have meeting to decide how best to make watching the final difficult <doh>

Postby Wildey

Lucky balls wrote:Even if one player gets on a roll and wins a fair few on the spin, there is no way this will finish before midnight! I'm all for a late-ish finish but this could get ridiculous. I honestly can't see this being done before 1 am.......which is a pile of marmite for us poor chameleons who have to get up at 6.30 in the am!!!! Why the buck they start the sessions an hour later on the final day is beyond me, they must have meeting to decide how best to make watching the final difficult <doh>

i Agree and i think it wont happen Again 3pm Start for the Afternoon was ridiculous and i think The 1985 Final final session started at 7pm or 7.30 pm it was not 8pm

Postby gallantrabbit

This time mess is the sort of thing you'd have expected Hearn to sort out. he's handled every other situation impeccably.
I really am a neutral in this final. My only slight leaning is towards Robbo with the chance of expansion in his part of the world but hope it's 18-17 at 3.46am..