Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship FINAL Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:This time mess is the sort of thing you'd have expected Hearn to sort out. he's handled every other situation impeccably.
I really am a neutral in this final. My only slight leaning is towards Robbo with the chance of expansion in his part of the world but hope it's 18-17 at 3.46am..

to be fair to barry the scheduling for the final is a bbc thing but im sure it will be sorted out it has to but think about Australians its 6am in Melbourn Australia now and its Live there on Tuesday Morning.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Why do they keep forgetting the 1953 World Champion Horace Lindrum?

yes but at that time there was a breakaway and he won this tournament but because the others wasn't playing in it people don't remember it in the same way they remember the Joe Davis,Fred Davis and Walter Donaldson time(the first Scottish champion btw)

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:This time mess is the sort of thing you'd have expected Hearn to sort out. he's handled every other situation impeccably.
I really am a neutral in this final. My only slight leaning is towards Robbo with the chance of expansion in his part of the world but hope it's 18-17 at 3.46am..

to be fair to barry the scheduling for the final is a bbc thing but im sure it will be sorted out it has to but think about Australians its 6am in Melbourn Australia now and its Live there on Tuesday Morning.

It might be 6am before this match finishes.....

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

its always going to be impossible to keep everyone happy. Imagine if Ding had made the final, the sacrifices his fans in China would have had to make to watch.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

but 4pm in melbourne ;)

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:he is a good question,

if robbo wins tonight thats 5 wins out of 5 finals 100%

is there any other player that have won all there first 5 finals?

Mark Williams won 6 Ranking Finals in a row his first Defeat in a Ranking final was the World Final in 1999

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:he is a good question,

if robbo wins tonight thats 5 wins out of 5 finals 100%

is there any other player that have won all there first 5 finals?

Mark Williams won 6 Ranking Finals in a row his first Defeat in a Ranking final was the World Final in 1999

thanks wild,
i did not know that piece of information, robbo got a few yet to go

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

A stat I found interesting, which I heard on Snooker eggheads the other day, was that there have been 2 finals where the player who scored the highest total of points in the final, lost. Graeme Dott has accumalated more points in this final & is still losing by 2 frames.