Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 3

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:There's a video link now on the News of the World site. It's sickening really. I don't care who he is, or when it happened. If the WSA can do nothing about it, Higgins should retire. His career is in tatters.

Well, Maz has caught another celeb on a bad day. He's the best in the business, far better than Higgins is at his job. Google him. He's done the same to a heap of sportsmen, Lawrence Dalaglio (spelling?) being one of them. So I wouldn't feel such animosity to Higgins. Words can be taken out of context and people say all sorts of things when the cameras aren't pointed at them. Unfortunately, they don't know the hidden cameras ARE pointed at them.

Higgins should not retire. His career is NOT in tatters. <ok>

so what you saying the tape being doctored ?

because otherwise it should not matter if any hidden camera or microphone there and if any player even jokes about match fixing they are twits and id suspend him just for being a pin end at worst.

Postby The Cueist

thetubberlad wrote:There's a video link now on the News of the World site. It's sickening really. I don't care who he is, or when it happened. If the WSA can do nothing about it, Higgins should retire. His career is in tatters.

I will reserve judgement on this John Higgins alleged match fixing scandal until i properly know all the facts,And even if Higgins did throw a minor match on the snooker season,John has a family to run and raise,It is and was for John easier when he was single.

That is my initial thought,As i know it is not always easy being the provider and being a husband and a father to children.

It is always too easy to condemn people without the facts of what has allegedly gone on.

I would say there is no other player on the circuit who concentrates on every ball like John does in his pursuit to win natches,I say it will probably all be a load of cobblers.

Higgins is no parakeet in my eyes,No way.

Dottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

i

Postby PLtheRef

Like others have said, I'll refuse to make any judgement until this is confirmed, though it looks sickening.

If, and its a big if, these allegations are true then the only option would be a ban, this would be needed to give the Francisco ban from 1995 and the Hann ban from 2005 any fairness at all.

But like I said, its in the air at present until John is confirmed to have done this, like I said, it looks sickening to a snooker fan.