Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 2

Postby Alex0paul

rocket_ron wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:bad signs for dott

Monique putting Graeme off I think

i've heard some poor excuses but that takes the snake hiss

So you didn't see Graeme ask the photographer to stop moving?

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Sonny wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:6-4

A good bit of work left here for Mark Selby me thinks Alex.

There's an amusing side issue of jinxing going on here John. I'm guilty as charged although I guess it should be capped at some point before it starts getting ridiculous.
I see. <laugh> A few nerves jittering are there. :chin:

Mike Smith the Eurosport commentator just said the Crucible is guaranteed the Worlds until at least 2015 :D

Good.

I also want to see what happens to Graem Dott & how he reacts when Mark Selby gets inside his head, because he will. <ok> That's when we'll see the measure of the man.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Got to say I never thought that he would miss or balls up that clearance. All the balls were in open play and the pink wasn't too bad a position.

with respect would you say that if dott did it ?

Postby Smart

Serious question:

what is the appeal of Selby or Robbo........ neither is easy on the eye in terms of playing style, neither has a nice cue action, both have dodgey records in terms of "win at all cost"....... using whatever tactics and pushing boudaries.

Please let me know what is their appeal........... :huh:

Ps I noticed that there were a lot of Asian folk in the crowd last night - so it seems that Leicester with its heavily populated Asian community has taken to Selby (or did he pay for their trip down).

Pps Perhaps the Joker/Jester will paint his face ala Richard Pryor in the Silver Streak. He could then get the black vote too.
:redneck: :shake: :sylvester:

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Got to say I never thought that he would miss or balls up that clearance. All the balls were in open play and the pink wasn't too bad a position.

Probably, a clearance is always on if the reds are in play which they were.

Postby GJ

sir smart

Well neither go around taunting the refs or abusing the refs like ronnie

Both are happy to get fired up and get the crowd involved

Niether of them sulk in their chair like ronald and look like they dont care

Robbo's ball striking is top class but as a biased man sir smart you cant see that

:wave: <ok>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Probably, a clearance is always on if the reds are in play which they were.

you better not make a comment if Dott clears a table from 66 points behind with balls open then because these quotes will come back to haunt you i remember everything <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Eurotrash wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Serious question:

what is the appeal of Selby or Robbo?

Slowby has no appeal. He is the most boring snooker player in the world right now. <ok>

Robbo can play good attacking snooker. But the fist pumping antics get a bit tiresome.

i dont like fist pumping from any player

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:

Slowby has no appeal. He is the most boring snooker player in the world right now. <ok>

Robbo can play good attacking snooker. But the fist pumping antics get a bit tiresome.

after a big clearance to let some emotion out its fine IMO :afro:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

what is the appeal of Selby or Robbo........ neither is easy on the eye in terms of playing style, neither has a nice cue action, both have dodgey records in terms of "win at all cost"....... using whatever tactics and pushing boudaries.

Ps I noticed that there were a lot of Asian folk in the crowd last night - so it seems that Leicester with its heavily populated Asian community has taken to Selby (or did he pay for their trip down).

Pps Perhaps the Joker/Jester will paint his face ala Richard Pryor in the Silver Streak. He could then get the black vote too.

Well, both are fine Snooker players (One has a good sense of humour too) +, maybe he does have a big Asian following cos when I was up there last week an Indian guy was fielding for him when he was practicing. Doesn't matter either way does it?
Last edited by JohnFromLondonTown on 30 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

mate both has more apeal at the moment than you and your merry men believe me <ok>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:sir smart

Robbo's ball striking is top class but as a biased man sir smart you cant see that

Mike Ganley had a word with Robbo after his match with Gouldy........... disgraceful sport doing what he did - when he did it, but that is the Aussie way I am afraid. <ok>

As for Selby his comedy is not appreciated by all, certainly the other players do not ALL like it..... (Hendo looked very amused, I certainly think Dotty will not stand for much of his non-sense either, he is being polite at present but joking is for the club not the WC. This issue arose when he played Dotty last time and Chamberlain was getting ohh too familiar then.......... you heard it here first)

And my stance on fist pumping remains as is. <ok>

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:

Well, both are fine Snooker players (One has a good sense of humour too) +, maybe he does has a big Asian following cos when I was up there last week an Indian guy was fielding for him when he was practicing. Doesn't matter either was does it?

when sir smart is struggling to find things to critiscise about players he has previous for starting on about race issues

:wave: ;)

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:sir smart

Mike Ganley had a word with Robbo after his match with Gouldy........... disgraceful sport doing what he did - when he did it, but that is the Aussie way I am afraid. <ok>

As for Selby his comedy is not appreciated by all, certainly the other players do not ALL like it..... (Hendo looked very amused, I certainly think Dotty will not stand for much of his non-sense either, he is being polite at present but joking is for the club not the WC. This issue arose when he played Dotty last time and Chamberlain was getting ohh too familiar then.......... you heard it here first)

And my stance on fist pumping remains as is. <ok>

could you provide a link to that mike ganley info please sir

:wave:

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:

after a big clearance to let some emotion out its fine IMO :afro:

Did Edward Charlton fisty pump....... I think not, so as he is Australias finest ever snooker player - why was it not right for him but for some upstart coughing parakeet it is okay......... double standards I think MrOzzy. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Did Edward Charlton fisty pump....... I think not, so as he is Australias finest ever snooker player - why was it not right for him but for some upstart coughing parakeet it is okay......... double standards I think MrOzzy. <ok>

i dont get this coughing issue :huh: i've not noticed him cough anymore than someone like ronnie

Postby The Cueist

Thing is smart,Mike Ganley should take his opinions to the referees ,And explain that intervention in these matters is needed as and when called for.

The fact is that it didnt happen and Gould should have said something to the referee there and then.

I will leave it at that .

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Did Edward Charlton fisty pump....... I think not, so as he is Australias finest ever snooker player - why was it not right for him but for some upstart coughing parakeet it is okay......... double standards I think MrOzzy. <ok>

i dont get this coughing issue :huh: i've not noticed him cough anymore than someone like ronnie

dott has coughed quite a few times and smart says nothing

typical double standards from him

good wumming smart keep it up

<laugh> :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:Thing is smart,Mike Ganley should take his opinions to the referees ,And explain that intervention in these matters is needed as and when called for.

The fact is that it didnt happen and Gould should have said something to the referee there and then.

cueist :wave: :wave:
mombassa

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote:Thing is smart,Mike Ganley should take his opinions to the referees ,And explain that intervention in these matters is needed as and when called for.

good point cueist

it seems refs are lenient for everything the ronnie incident and the robbo thing are 2 examples

havnt heard smart mention ronnie's abuse at leo :chin: :wave: