Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 2

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:oh dear, no need for that fist pump, this is a gents game and that was by no means a gents reaction....... disgrace <ok>

yes i didn't agree with that

<laugh> <laugh>

Lets ban - Selby, Allen, Dott, Maguire, Murphy who have all done it mid match in this tournament

Fist pump :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:oh dear, no need for that fist pump, this is a gents game and that was by no means a gents reaction....... disgrace <ok>

<laugh> <laugh>

Lets ban - Selby, Allen, Dott, Maguire, Murphy who have all done it mid match in this tournament

We didn't say Robertson was the only one, we just said it was ungentlemanly.

Postby GJ

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Postby Casey

I can’t believe everybody is banging on about the fist pump, Selby, Murphy, Allen and Dott have all done it at the end of sessions in this tournament.

Robbo has every right to let out his tension. After all that was basically the frame to get into the final

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

good idea case but abusing the ref is still worse

ronald should have a life time ban

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:I can’t believe everybody is banging on about the fist pump, Selby, Murphy, Allen and Dott have all done it at the end of sessions in this tournament.

Robbo has every right to let out his tension. After all that was basically the frame to get into the final

Trolls bro.

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

he wont get let off lightly

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

agreed

but smarty boy only mentiones it when its robbo

its called being a first class hypocrite sir smart :wave:

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

:huh:

In what way? He has every right to let it out and it makes better TV than the generic handshake with the players leaving looking emotionless.

It will become common place very soon folks <ok> :bowdown:

Postby Monique

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

You're at it again GJ? Your man tonight showed no respect at all for his opponent. There is no need to hurt the feelings of anyone that way. I'm not asking for a ban or a blame or whatever but it was plain rude and totally unnecessary especially as he was very lucky to win that frame. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in Ali's shoes
Ronnie maybe didn't act in the most tactful way towards Leo but he was well in his right to question the decision if he thought the ref made an error. There is no reason for any player to accept a decision sheepishly if they think an error was made. errors do happen, the refs are only human.
Of the two behaviours I have no doubt which is worse.

Postby GJ

im responding to smart who says nothing when others do the same as robbo

the fist pumping is class

hopefully another one tomorrow

:afro:

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:You're at it again GJ? Your man tonight showed no respect at all for his opponent. There is no need to hurt the feelings of anyone that way. I'm not asking for a ban or a blame or whatever but it was plain rude and totally unnecessary especially as he was very lucky to win that frame. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in Ali's shoes
Ronnie maybe didn't act in the most tactful way towards Leo but he was well in his right to question the decision if he thought the ref made an error. There is no reason for any player to accept a decision sheepishly if they think an error was made. errors do happen, the refs are only human.

intimidating refs is far worse

<doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:
You're at it again GJ? Your man tonight showed no respect at all for his opponent. There is no need to hurt the feelings of anyone that way. I'm not asking for a ban or a blame or whatever but it was plain rude and totally unnecessary especially as he was very lucky to win that frame. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in Ali's shoes

strong words there mon,
however i do agree it can sometimes be disrespectfull to the other player, it ok to do a nice fist pump once but going off like robb did tonight was too far

Postby Roland

Monique is right, I put him in 4th place but really that's the most unnecessary fist pump of the whole event. Carter must be feeling sick and Robbo rubbed his nose in it and he was lucky to escape that session 5-3 because he wasn't better than Carter tonight.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Monique is right, I put him in 4th place but really that's the most unnecessary fist pump of the whole event. Carter must be feeling sick and Robbo rubbed his nose in it and he was lucky to escape that session 5-3 because he wasn't better than Carter tonight.

its fine when selby does it

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

any player can do it :afro:

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Monique is right, I put him in 4th place but really that's the most unnecessary fist pump of the whole event. Carter must be feeling sick and Robbo rubbed his nose in it and he was lucky to escape that session 5-3 because he wasn't better than Carter tonight.

sonny <ok> <ok>
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 30 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 021874.stm

"If i'd have beaten him, i'd have given it plenty of fists"

That was last year, I doubt much has changed. Haters keep on hatin' :ahh:

Postby Tubberlad

I think Ronnie giving Leo stick was far worse actually. Yes, of course he can question a decision, but to get as thick and disrespectful as he did, telling Leo he needed his eyes checked... I just don't like that. O'Sullivan is one of my favourite players, and I don't mind him as a guy, but that didn't sit well with me.

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:I think Ronnie giving Leo stick was far worse actually. Yes, of course he can question a decision, but to get as thick and disrespectful as he did, telling Leo he needed his eyes checked... I just don't like that. O'Sullivan is one of my favourite players, and I don't mind him as a guy, but that didn't sit well with me.

tubber :afro:

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

its fine when selby does it

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

any player can do it :afro:

i deffenately dont like selby doing it

Postby Roland

The difference is Selby was staring defeat in the face and came back into the match with his back firmly against the wall. Robbo was well in the lead and Carter had rubbish luck all night and the last frame wasn't an adrenalinefest so it was an over reaction. But if it means that much to him then fair enough.