Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 2

Postby Roland

A shame about the respot otherwise it'd be 7-5 but as a I said, Carter is clearly playing very well and just needs to get going which he looks like he's doing.

8-4 and 9-7 would be a nice target for him.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:A shame about the respot otherwise it'd be 7-5 but as a I said, Carter is clearly playing very well and just needs to get going which he looks like he's doing.

8-4 and 9-7 would be a nice target for him.

after losing the opening 2 Frames he was stearing at a 5-3 session loss so i think 4-4 session would be a result for Carter anything better would be a bonus.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Carter should get it to 9-7 I reckon. He's the better player this morning.

i wouldnt say he was a better Player but he is fighting very hard and playing some good safeties making it hard for Robertson to get in to Score i still think given a descent chance Robbo looks more Likely to make a big break.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Carter should get it to 9-7 I reckon. He's the better player this morning.

i wouldnt say he was a better Player but he is fighting very hard and playing some good safeties making it hard for Robertson to get in to Score i still think given a descent chance Robbo looks more Likely to make a big break.

He's now won the last 4 frames, only lost one frame on the black ball ... he's easily the better player.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

He's now won the last 4 frames, only lost one frame on the black ball ... he's easily the better player.

hes won Frames but for the majority of thoes 4 frames he didnt look the better player but he got over the line this frame is the first frame where Ali truly Looks Relaxed and playing Well in this match.

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's now won the last 4 frames, only lost one frame on the black ball ... he's easily the better player.

and he does not use any dirty tactics en route to winning these frames :redneck: :shake: :sylvester:

Mate with Respect that line getting stale and boring <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

This has always been Carter's problem in the longer matches though. He goes awol for a session then plays great for 5 or 6 frames then goes awol again. I reckon Robertson could have got a tiny bit excited by the scoreline and maybe looked too far ahead because he has never been in a situation like that.

Postby Bourne

What if Carter got back to 8-8 :chin: All the momentum with El Capitano, I knew he'd play better today with a good break after the QF, just needs to sneak one of these last frames and he can be very pleased with his work.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:He's now won the last 4 frames, only lost one frame on the black ball ... he's easily the better player.

and he does not use any dirty tactics en route to winning these frames :redneck: :shake: :sylvester:

Mate with Respect that line getting stale and boring <ok>

not from where I am sat, please feel free to overlook it <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:This has always been Carter's problem in the longer matches though. He goes awol for a session then plays great for 5 or 6 frames then goes awol again. I reckon Robertson could have got a tiny bit excited by the scoreline and maybe looked too far ahead because he has never been in a situation like that.

its definitely game on now which its great to see Hate seeing one sided Semis has 2 as a Hendry Fan(thought i got that in before some clever sausage <ok> )

Postby Roland

If he can get back to 8-8 you'd almost expect the foot to be taken off the gas and Robbo to get the next burst of frames.

Anyway, 8-8 is looking like a strong possibility now. Carter has got Robbo missing. Game on!

Postby Wildey

i think Robertson lost his edge i half expected it when he reached 8 frames thinking its a good lead as sonny said at the time long way to go needing another 9 frames.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul wrote:These tables are playing like last years at the moment

I can see why you think that but the last red and pink were pocket weight and these cloths do have some nap.

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:Robbo was lucky.

Wild, what are you gibbering on about now? You were claiming the match was over. Not that Carter would come back. <ok>

i said Carter over the years not been his strong point under pressure coming back im glad he has and i did not say game over what i said was it could be if he did not get it together <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:These tables are playing like last years at the moment

I can see why you think that but the last red and pink were pocket weight and these cloths do have some nap.

they not playing like last year the top cushing for whatever reason is pulling balls in.

Yesterday Robbo played a shot it was well wide but you could see it pulling to the pocket. its the table fitters Fault.

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:Robbo was lucky.

Wild, what are you gibbering on about now? You were claiming the match was over. Not that Carter would come back. <ok>

i said Carter over the years not been his strong point under pressure coming back im glad he has and i did not say game over what i said was it could be if he did not get it together <ok>

You probably can't remember what you said. <ok> :)

wildJONESEYE wrote:Carter isnt one of these players you look at and think he has the temprament for a comeback and as it stands he has to somehow find something we never really seen before Or Robertson going to have a Day off Tomorrow.

<ok>