Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 2

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:The difference is Selby was staring defeat in the face and came back into the match with his back firmly against the wall. Robbo was well in the lead and Carter had rubbish luck all night and the last frame wasn't an adrenalinefest so it was an over reaction. But if it means that much to him then fair enough.

14-10 and 15-9 is such a huge difference i think because he had missed a few chances in the last few frameshe felt it was vital and i agree with him :excited: :D

Postby Tubberlad

I still think a bit of emotion is a good thing. Robertson is a character, okay maybe his fist pumping was a bit out of order tonight, but normally I'm all for it. It gets that bit of adrenaline into a game <cool>

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:I still think a bit of emotion is a good thing. Robertson is a character, okay maybe his fist pumping was a bit out of order tonight, but normally I'm all for it. It gets that bit of adrenaline into a game <cool>

him and carter obviously dont get on well so abit of needle makes for more drama

:afro:

Postby Casey

Can't agree with that Monique, Ronnie told Leo he needs his eyes testing, very embarrassing for Leo.

As for Robbo, he has every right, plenty of others do it so whats the problem? Winning that frame basically puts him in the final, he knows it and let it out

Postby GJ

case_master wc wrote:Can't agree with that Monique, Ronnie told Leo he needs his eyes testing, very embarrassing for Leo.

As for Robbo, he has every right, plenty of other do it so whats the problem? Winning that frame basically puts him in the final, he knows it and let it out

case i will send robbo an email and tell him to continue with it

and people moan about no characters in the game

<laugh> rofl

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:GJ: Is there really a bit of needle between Carter & Robertson? A bit of history?

looking at their body language says it all <ok>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I still think a bit of emotion is a good thing. Robertson is a character, okay maybe his fist pumping was a bit out of order tonight, but normally I'm all for it. It gets that bit of adrenaline into a game <cool>

him and carter obviously dont get on well so abit of needle makes for more drama

Watch the link I put above.

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:Can't agree with that Monique, Ronnie told Leo he needs his eyes testing, very embarrassing for Leo.

As for Robbo, he has every right, plenty of others do it so whats the problem? Winning that frame basically puts him in the final, he knows it and let it out

monique sticks up for ronnie and is blinded to some of his antics, i used to be like this but now i see ronnie for what he is, im not impressed, wheater i was touching ball or not at the end of the day it was the refs decission and ronnie banging on like that asn't going to change that decission one iota.

ronnie :bird:
leo :bowdown: <cool>

come on robbo

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:

monique sticks up for ronnie and is blinded to some of his antics, i used to be like this but now i see ronnie for what he is, im not impressed, wheater i was touching ball or not at the end of the day it was the refs decission and ronnie banging on like that asn't going to change that decission one iota.

come on robbo

Thats harsh to say monique is blinded by him. I just disagreed with her view on that situation. Just like I disagreed with some on the fist pump

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

come on robbo

Thats harsh to say monique is blinded by him. I just disagreed with her view on that situation. Just like I disagreed with some on the fist pump

sorry it was abit harsh i'm sorry, just not very good at wording things. the touching ball incident was out of order and anyone saying otherwise is not seeing the full picture

Postby GJ

latest odds

Robertson, Neil EVS
Dott, Graeme 2/1
Selby, Mark 11/4
Carter, Ali 50/1

can carter do a doherty and win from 15-9 down

Postby GJ

anything is possible :scared:

good luck robbo

i sense a really tight finish in semi 2 and expect selby to get it back to 11-13 down tomorrow morning

Postby Wildey

straight after the last frame i had to go out and just got back thought id read up on the after thoughts on the match and knew the Fist Pumping would create some intrests and boy was i not wrong lol

to be honest it did not sit that well with me fist pumping the difference between 14-10 and 15-9 because no matter how you look at it he was leading so it was unnecessarily in that instance but Monique you cant think that was worst than Telling a 60 year old man in authority he needed Glasses surely. Yes he was well within his right to ask the question and possibly he was within his right to even tell Leo he was Blind but no way on earth what Robbo did was Worst.

anyway back to Fist Pumping i still don't get whats wrong in it i bet Barry Hearn and the sponsors love it and it shows you care about what you do Look back to Steve Davis first WC Win to see how much Barry Hearn loves Fist pumping. People need to get off their High horse and stop being so pompous about it....i love it.

Postby GJ

BREAKING NEWS

Mark Allen , Neil Robertson , Mark Selby and Graeme Dott have received life bans from snooker for showing emotion and fist pumping.

A spokesman for world snooker said we dont want characters in the game we want robots .

<laugh> <ok>

Postby Smart

Lucky balls wrote:I think the two handed fist pump coupled with crotch thrusting should make its crucible debut <ok>

oh sorry nearly forgot...... rofl rofl rofl :love: :love: :bird: :excited: :innocent: :hmm: :ashamed: :-( :-( :fart: :ba: :ba:

<laugh>

Seriously there are lots of people who do not like fisting as proved on this thread. <ok>

Imagine this scenario - you take an elederly relative or a younger viewer and they see all this fist clenching - not great, in fact it could be seen as off-putting or going too far........ <ok>

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:I think the two handed fist pump coupled with crotch thrusting should make its crucible debut <ok>

oh sorry nearly forgot...... rofl rofl rofl :love: :love: :bird: :excited: :innocent: :hmm: :ashamed: :-( :-( :fart: :ba: :ba:

<laugh>

Seriously there are lots of people who do not like fisting as proved on this thread. <ok>

Imagine this scenario - you take an elederly relative or a younger viewer and they see all this fist clenching - not great, in fact it could be seen as off-putting or going too far........ <ok>

intimidating refs is still far worse

leo :afro: